I already got my A+ should I get N+ 2007

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

sailor keiko 2

Kouhai
Im back.

The last post, that was my 1st time doing it alone.

I never had any real hands-on experience troubleshooting my own PC.

I recently got my A+ last yr.
I really wanted to know about my PC and how to troubleshoot it.
Darn it, there is no IT job currently available.

any honest opinion would be appreciated for the following
should I get N+ 2007 certificate before the deadline July 31 2009?
If so, does anyone know where can I purchase a voucher/discount for N+ 2007?

That would be my last exam cuz I do not have any money left plus I need to get any job and start saving for my retirement in this very tough economy.

One more thing:
I am not going to take any MCSE/MCSA nor CCNA - takes way too much of my time and its very costly. Its like going back to school & I hate studying & taking exams - its too nerve racking for me. again just like school where the points doesnt matter
sounds like that Drew Cary Show.

I just want to get a job, earn money, save for retirement & gain real hands-on work experience.

Reading the text and taking notes - I'll do it when I'm retired
Nah
I'll just watch good anime online & keep an eye out for viruses/spyware/hackers

By the way, did anyone on this forum encounter being hacked this past few months in 2009?
Like that N. Korea incident that happened hacking into govt websites & the public
a while back?

any best recommendations on how to avoid being hacked like which ports on the PC to close, services/applications/programs to disable & uninstall, any best recommended antivirus/antispyware/firewall/IDS & IPS for a single MS Windows PC?

First thing I would suggest you do is to stay on topic. If you want help regarding how to secure your computer from hackers and other harmful things you should be making a separate thread to discuss that. (My opinion on the subject is that you should make sure you have a firewall equivalent to or better than the one that comes with vista and an antivirus of your choice. Basically any antivirus will work. Other than that as long as your computer is up to date you should be fine.)

Now with that aside I assume you mean network training when you say N+ and if so you should consider whether you want to work as a network admin or whether you want to fix computers. If you want to just fix computers then A+ should be all you need besides lots of experience. If on the other hand you want to try your hand at administering a network as a career path then it would definitely be good to take the N+ certification.

Here watch this person youtube videos and you will get a pretty good idea of what good and what not

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrizos

For free on demand scanner

Super anti spware
malwarebtyes

Useful tools

hijackthis
gmer
Sandboxie
WoT(web of trust)
CCleaner

As for antivirus for protection. Some HIPS types of antivirus are good. HIPS = Host Intrustion Prevention Service...i think that what the last one is...

Example for that one is

Comodo internet security
Threat Fire
Online Armor
... there are others

Also I fix quite a few computer already and I dont have those certificate lol yet i do have Mous one which is Microsoft Office Utilities Specialies.

If you want to get some experience you can either start fixing friends and family computer for free until you think you skill enough for it lol. Then start charging haha.

For troubleshooting

GOOGLE!! lol

Main thing with Blue screen google the error code and you will find your information online in order to fix it.

And this forum was not wanted so it wasnt hacked lol

OK

a while back if I can recall
if one wants to become a certified PC repair technician
I should get A+ & N+ & MCP in Win XP - based on training school like at a community college

Now one should get A+ & N+ & Security+ at a community college

others say CCNA - recertify every 3 yrs or MSCE/MCSA

Im so confused, am I just wasting my whole time during this tough economic times?
blink.gif
huh.gif
wacko.gif

I got A+
cool.gif

I got some troubleshoot experience - installing NIC on my own PC & notify AT&T for Internet connection, PC maintenance such as disk defrag, updating antivirus definitions, updating Windows; scan and delete viruses; backing up my data;
install RAID card & its driver; install SATA HDD for simple vol & restore the data;
and wipe & reload OS
cool.gif

using google sure helps with PC troubleshooting.
cool.gif

in the process of learning phonetic alphabet
this after dealing with Microsoft tech & AT&T Internet.

Im not learning much studying N+ - just plug in the cable & if its bad like a NIC or router or cable - replace it.

for security - just read the newspaper, watch news on TV, read & google online
download the security application & install it & scan/quaranty/delete

No offence but if you dont log in to make your post instead of posting as guess I will start deleting the post you post as guest. Almost half of your post was posted as guest so login if you dont want your post you posted as guest to be deleted.

OK

how's now - im logged in.

its just that its too easy for someone anonymous online to gain access to this fansub just by typing in the name.

other forums have automatic security
suppose I saw a comment online & I would like to voice my opinion & if I click on it
it would automatically notify me to login with a valid password or sign me up & once verified I can voice my opinion or reply.

logging out

*sigh* Are you sure you're not making the site actually "Remeber you" at all? 'Cause if you are that would explain why anyone could use your account.

Besides can I ask the question on what your post has anything to do with this thread? Even if you did create it and all, it just seems rather out of place that's all.

Well the guest access is mainly for troubleshooting computer problem for user or soemthing similar that they only will be on the forum for a short amount of time. If you had made a account and make threads or contribute to other threads you must log in. Plus the guest access is only avalible in the troubleshoot and support area all other part you require to log in for any contribution.

Also no matter what mods on this forum can trace any user forums/website activitie to see if user are abusing the site or not.

I find it funny how everyone is making this thread off topic.

Anyways, if you got an A+ certification, that just means you know comps enough to make your own and fix your own. Sadly, in the technology world, thing do advance. And because they advance, I don't think you're gonna have an easy time with just that certification. You're gonna have to look hard for an IT job, just like a lot of people or spend that your time and effort doing what you hate.

If you want a voucher, isn't that something the government can only give you? Look at the gov' site or like FAFSA or something.

Also, I wasn't even fazed by the N. Korea attack. I find it hard that a country that's considered third world and its citizens barely have any computer usage can launch a cyber-attack that shakes the world. Beware the truth, man. Know your how to listen to your ports and know what you're download...it's all anyone can really do...

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back