Proccessor fan question.

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubalicio

-chi
Kouhai
Hey all I am thinking of getting a new computer and was just wondering how good liquid cooling is. So far i narrowed my choices down to two options.
the
Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling Fan System Kit
and the
Thermaltake V1 CPU Cooling Fan System Kit

And i was just wondering what you computer part's people think. I read that the liquid cooling is no louder then 28 db and was also wondering how loud that was. Anyway thanks for you opinions
smile.gif

28 dB is about the same sound level as a strawberry blonde haired girl with about fourteen inch long hair having her freshly washed hair swish across her cotton teeshirt in a quiet library. You may not notice this sound level until you change out your power supply fan and get a quiet hard disk drive.

From what I hear, liquid cooling does work just fine, but it's never necessary to running a nice rig, and at 28 db, it's not going to make you go deaf, but you can get air cooling that's quieter and costs less, and ends up being much more hassle-free.

I wouldn't ever go for liquid cooling unless to have a lot of friends who would be very impressed by it, or if you're getting an insane processor that can get insanely overclocked, and you want to ramp up the voltage like crazy.

I personally use an arctic cooling freezer pro, and it works great. It keeps the natural airflow of the cases, keeping the system as a whole cooler, it's quiet when you turn on fan control in the BIOS, and the CPU stays plenty chilly. Plus, they're relatively cheap, especially on a sale.

So I personally recommend an air-cooling system. The cost and the hassle of installing a liquid cooling system just wouldn't be worth it for me, especially if the system uses a fan anyways, since that destroys having the silent system. It wouldn't be a loud cooling system, but you would definitely be able to hear it. So yeah, that's my personal recommendation, though it all comes down to your personal tastes and how much money you have to burn.

If you plan on overclocking your processor and ram and all... then get the liquid cooler otherwise if u stick with normal setting the regular processor heatsink + fan does a fine job

Thank you. that was really helpful the cost different is like 20$ so its not to much a difference but I do not plan on overclocking it. So i think ill go with the regular fan. Thank you again for the info.

Wrong section kinda belong in the Misc section.

So Thread Moved and Closed since it seem you decided on what you want =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back