Re:Creators

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Re:CREATORS
Japanese: レクリエイターズ
Airing date: 8/4/2017 (TV series, 22 episodes with 3 special programs)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Magical girl, Mecha
Directors: Ei Aoki and Makoto Katō (assistant)
Written by original creators: Rei Hiroe (TV) and Daiki Kase (manga)
Music by: Hiroyuki Sawano
Character designer: Ryuichi Makino
Chief animation director: Jun Nakai
Art director: Kōki Nagayoshi
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
CGI directors: Miki Yoshida and Mitsutaka Iguchi
Director of photography: Tomonobu Katō
Art setting by: Masahiro Satō and Tomoyasu Fujise
Color key by: Mariko Shinohara
Mechanical design by: I-IV
Effects animation by: Takashi Hashimoto
Key animation by: Aoi Yamamoto and Masako Matsumoto
Visual effects by: Ryōsuke Tsuda
Editing by: Syota Migiyama
Produced by: Shizuka Kurosaki
Studio: Troyca
Network: Tokyo MX, BS11, GYT, GTV, ABC, TVA, AT-X
Opening theme: "gravityWall" by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]: Tielle & Gemie
Ending theme: "NewLook" by Mashiro Ayano

Main cast: Sōta Mizushino (水篠颯太) voiced by Daiki Yamashita
Selesia Jupitiria (セレジア・ユピティリア) voiced by Mikako Komatsu
Meteora Österreich (メテオラ・エスターライヒ) voiced by Inori Minase
Alistaria "Alice" February (アリステリア・フェブラリィ) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Mamika Kirameki (煌樹まみか) voiced by Rie Murakawa

Yūya Mirokuji (弥勒寺優夜) voiced by Kenichi Suzumura
Rui Kanoya (鹿屋瑠偉) voiced by Sora Amamiya
Magane Chikujōin (築城院真鍳) voiced by Maaya Sakamoto
Blitz Talker (ブリッツ・トーカー) voiced by Atsushi Ono
Military Uniform Princess (軍服の姫君 / Gunpuku no Himegimi) / Altair (アルタイル) by Aki Toyosaki

Supporting cast: Shū Matsubara (松原祟) / Takeshi Ōsawa (大沢武志) voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi
Marine (まりね) / Ayano Kōra (皇浦綾乃) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Yoshiaki Nakanogane (中乃鐘昌明) voiced by Ryō Sugisaki
Aki Kikujibara (菊地原亜希) voiced by Ayumi Tsunematsu
Shunme Shugawa (駿河駿馬) voiced by Minako Kotobuki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubXllF272HE
Ryō Yatōji (八頭司遼) voiced by Daiki Hamano
Setsuna Shimazaki (シマザキセツナ) voiced by Ayaka Ōhashi
Gai / Naoya Takarada (高良田概) voiced by Jun'ichi Yanagita
Hikayu Hoshikawa (星河 ひかゆ) voiced by Shiina Natsukawa
Nishio Ohnishi (大西にしお) voiced by Jun Fukushima
Shō Hakua (白亜翔) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto

Synopsis: Humans have created many stories. Joy, sadness, anger, deep emotion. Stories shake our emotions, and fascinate us. However, these are only the thoughts of bystanders. But what if the characters in the story have "intentions"? To them, are we god-like existences for bringing their story into the world? Our world is changed. Mete out punishment upon the realm of the gods. In Re:CREATORS, everyone becomes a Creator.

gdpetti said:
Re: Creators.... original... and sounds like it.... interesting potential, sort of wonder what they're gonna do with it... I've seen something along this line before, but can't remember it....of course, it is the basis of most religions/beliefs in that the 'gods' run our lives.. etc. The old Star Trek series had an episode on this 'Greek' affect.
It really looks promising in ep.1 out of 22, enough to develop All their worlds?:eek:

This one doesn't air till August? Is that correct? ... the concept could be interesting, same with many, it comes down to execution of the concept... even Disney has done similar stuff with animated characters coming to life in our 'real' world etc... but this sounds much better, them getting even, revenge for their character flaws, events etc... but August? is this just a teaser then?

gdpetti said:
This one doesn't air till August? Is that correct? ... the concept could be interesting, same with many, it comes down to execution of the concept... even Disney has done similar stuff with animated characters coming to life in our 'real' world etc... but this sounds much better, them getting even, revenge for their character flaws, events etc... but August? is this just a teaser then?
Then I question what that episode 1 was, which I watched on the 8th (2days ago).

The series looks nice so far, but I self also can't seem to remember where I've heard such a story before... (And no! Not that movie Pixels).

My only concern with series such as this is:
1. Can they actually explain and develop its story. (That is what I see as being the most difficult thing a original story has to do).
2. Will this end up like those western movies? (2 races come to earth, 1 seeks peace other seeks destruction).
3. The overall theme it may go towards? So far I know it has action. (good!) But... what else?

For which we all have to wait and see (if you follow this anime) I myself will give it a few episodes.

Masich said:
Then I question what that episode 1 was, which I watched on the 8th (2days ago).

The series looks nice so far, but I self also can't seem to remember where I've heard such a story before... (And no! Not that movie Pixels).
maybe Petti got its '8/4' premiere date wrong thinking August 4, instead of april 8 but streamed on Amazon Prime a day earlier... so the ep.2 release is today as scheduled, kinda reminds me to 'Cool World' film searching for their creators :p

well 2nd episode has a lot of talking, but also more character introductions

Despite its loveable action, I do feel myself quickly dozing off.
I understand this is going to be 22 episodes, so I have to get used to cliffhangers I guess.

Oh well, 1 more episode and if it's nice, I will follow for another 3 and afterwards make my decision on following it.
It's really not bad, but I still can't shake the feeling of something missing... Also, the search for similar series has pretty much filled my week so far :lol: I got a list!

Masich said:
It's really not bad, but I still can't shake the feeling of something missing...
you mean overall? if it's who created "Himegimi" telling by hints until ep.3, I say Sota from another future... Her current existence wasn't mediatic yet she knows him but he didn't, or else would be lame as MC encouraged to keep drawing <_<

Yeah, I was reading that date above in American format, not Euro or... does Japan follow that format of day first as well? Didn't think about it, wondered why a fall air date was listed here already. :wacko:
As for this one or any anime, it often seems that some of them require a longer buildup to the story, and I find it better to wait until a few eps are up... perferably dubbed if available... unless it's a bad dub.

gdpetti said:
As for this one or any anime, it often seems that some of them require a longer buildup to the story
Masich said:
the search for similar series has pretty much filled my week so far :lol: I got a list!
like Alistaria in ep.4? sadly no action but next will with a giant bot, also I guess changes work after being published and... by popularity? i wonder if Meteora's creator truly died by accident, yet Gunpuku Co. didn't look responsible :wacko:

Ryu said:
you mean overall? if it's who created "Himegimi" telling by hints until ep.3, I say Sota from another future... Her current existence wasn't mediatic yet she knows him but he didn't, or else would be lame as MC encouraged to keep drawing <_<
Pretty much overall yea xD

Although, it is one of my problems with all series (as with many other people as well, I'm sure): Predicting what will happen. It is the idea to make viewers guess it, but for many series... they just keep following the same pattern.
In this case, he has something to do with it! (no doubt) but seriously the thought of having time travel being added in this? (by your guess), makes me want to drop it without hesitation!
Because that is for many series, the biggest joker card in getting away without having to explain a bunch of plot holes!

On to Episode 3! which showed
That the changes, which the character designer and author tried for Selesia, didn't work.
Also does not bold well for anything... so... good luck fighting your own creations!

Going to give it another 3 episodes, but for my taste, it's hanging by a thread.

gdpetti said:
Think I'll check this out to see what you mean about that ''bunch of plot holes". ^_^
Feel free to check, but I did not say anything about plot holes being in >> this series<< (so far) :lol: In case you mean this one.

Ok, so no holes yet... and after 3 eps, I don't see any.... and the future of Sota as a mangaka be it through time travel or whatever doesn't seem like a hole yet... so far the writing is original.... saving the exposition to later eps after the first one gets the action going to attract an audience. So far, so good... there were lots of holes developing in Attack on Titan... had to stop watching... maybe at the end of the season.. I couldn't stand all those holes... totally ignored by the writer.. especially that 'key'... oh well, in this anime, the whole concept is interesting in an esoteric way because it is said that we too are living in a holographic world... we are all thought-forms ourselves, (Hermetic maxim: 'as above, so below')... the hand puppets.. represent the veiled conscious mind... the subconscious is the hand within that extends out to the common body... fractal like... it would be interesting to see this aspect mentioned, but the writers probably aren't aware of it... just subconsciously... thus this concept for this anime.... though future eps will tell.

So far, so good... it's always a question of whether or not the writing can continue without creating a bunch of those 'holes'. So far, this reminds me of that magical girl project from last season i think it was... the one where those people playing a magical girl game could win enough points and actually become one in real life....only it was a trap from some outfit/group from another dimension... can't remember the name... seemed a perversion of the genre actually, which is common in the West these days. I hope this one doesn't go in that direction... Japan might be an American colony, but their culture hasn't been submerged... yet... nor dumbed down as much as ours has.... they still show some creativity.

gdpetti said:
So far, so good... it's always a question of whether or not the writing can continue without creating a bunch of those 'holes'. So far, this reminds me of that magical girl project from last season i think it was... the one where those people playing a magical girl game could win enough points and actually become one in real life....only it was a trap from some outfit/group from another dimension... can't remember the name... seemed a perversion of the genre actually, which is common in the West these days. I hope this one doesn't go in that direction... Japan might be an American colony, but their culture hasn't been submerged... yet... nor dumbed down as much as ours has.... they still show some creativity.
Think you mean: Magical Girl Raising project? Didn't watch it, but I recall seeing the plot of it.

And on the thought of Japan becoming an American colony? well, they are as far away from it as Tokyo! ... wait a min... :lol: joke of course.

South Korea has its ''live-action issues'', all those songs, all those drama series. They are average! but the music is all old used stuff, hailing from 1800-1990s and the series are a dime a dozen.
The only thing I notice changing lately is Americans animation series, which are getting more interesting yet also weird, such as series like: Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Steven Universe.
Although, granted there has been many weirder series in the last few decades and classic, but I simply notice it increasing.

The main thing I see happening, is that at some point in time, we all are doing what the other is doing, same as what webcomic writers/artists, most problems being: Am I copying someone in story/style Yes or No? I say Yes, but everyone will always remain having his/her own interpretation of an idea, that does not mean, however, that many stories still look like someone else's creation in certain ways. It's impossible to avoid.

Yeah, that's the one... similar in how they played with the trope, not the '4th wall' break which this anime seems to have done in its own creative way of the 2d characters being brought into their mangaka's 3d world... sub thought forms into their larger thought form group... sort of interesting to consider... the expansion of archetypal energy flows etc. Anyway, so far, this one hasn't shown any perversion tactics, which seem all the rage in recent years... sort of how in past decades in other art forms from literature to film, the rise of the 'anti-hero' became all the rage... sort of reminds me of how Marvel used this as a trope itself... the 'dark' spiderman/superman etc.

Yeah, hard to avoid repetition of ideas... as they are essentially archetypes that rise and fall with civilizations as they rise and fall along the usual cycle of the 'ages'... gold, silver, copper, iron etc.... different terms sometimes used in different cultures around the world, but the same concept... the same pattern... which is why all nations are essentially merging at this point in terms of technology/society, enough for the NWO... same as the OWO, only the police state comes out of the closet... which is why so many, mostly here in the West, are 'outing' themselves... taking their final positions.. like in a lineup or queue, shoving each other for better positions, even if most of them are just sheep, to use the biblical analogy... or tools for herd control, and disposed of when no longer needed.

I remember having a similar idea in class with another once.. another time finding the same concept used by someone else for a project.... which again gets rather esoteric... as thoughts are all that exist... like a radio, we can tune in to other frequencies, though our 'dark shepherds' like to keep us on their control frequency... like cattle or sheep to again use that analogy from the past. Cleaning your 'machine' (GiTS) is a more modern variation on keeping your mind clean from all the pollution of society, govt etc... 'programming' etc from school to home to work etc.... all of which is a frequency trap... but there are nearly endless channels out there, which is why addicts love their drug of choice... let's them escape to other frequencies...

which brings me back to this anime.... all of this is out there that can be used as source material.. and I'm always wondering how much, if any, the writer accesses... I don't think any of them are esoterically inclined, so what gets through is usually by accident or in name only... style but no substance... but you never know... :ph34r:

gdpetti said:
Yeah, I was reading that date above in American format, not Euro or... does Japan follow that format of day first as well? Didn't think about it, wondered why a fall air date was listed here already. :wacko: As for this one or any anime, it often seems that some of them require a longer buildup to the story, and I find it better to wait until a few eps are up... perferably dubbed if available... unless it's a bad dub.
sorry i'm used to post release dates as day/month in topics ;p btw, Alice&zoroku was just dubbed did you try #1 is it ok?... so govt and army SDF really took their time until ep.5, seems Sota met MUP's creator then killed herself (Setsuna?):Huh:

I finally got around to watching the 5th... A girl that dies at the beginning, a creation that knows him and he only slightly remembers her? Guess what!
She Created Her! I'm having a lot of fun on other forum sites against those that did not believe me, I mean, come on, it's as standard as you get: First minute of the series shows a girl that dies and afterwards the whole girl from an other world starts invading and causing an uproar? Who does not get the hint of it being a connection?

Although, this is simply a confirmation, 2 of my 3 concerns still stand, Story, as: How is this going to continue? (which can still work) and is it going to be an all out war? because I had some Transformers movie flashbacks during that congress scene.

My opinion so far is to drop it and return to it in like, 6 episodes. Which I'm going to do. The last thing I want is to comment on every episode being predictable.
That and I rather skip bits and pieces.

I know that for having seen over 400 anime and 200 manga series, that everything is getting a bit boring for me after also having reviewed for almost 5 years. You notice the generic path to which a story goes towards. To which, when given something actually new, I praise it to the sky! But, I personally seem to lack motivation and interest for stuff that feels like a repeat.

Edit# My 444th post, Now that feels like a milestone xD

True... which I've said myself. I'd rather watch a few eps at a time, more like a film; you don't lose momentum, pacing etc... after a week, you have to be reintroduced to the storyline... which, like the OP, can be ignored if watching a few eps at a time. Age is a factor along with anime watch count... or another story format... that trope aspect that makes everything repetitious.

That said, I did look at the latest ep, which is more setup.... as it seems that pair of girls on the 'bad' team need to reassess which side they are on, though it's interesting that they all seem to sense the new girl is 'evil' rather fast.... and that new guy with a gun... a bad sign, as those character tropes always end up dying. B)

Masich's spoiler is the explanation for that Sota scene on the net? The subs didn't post much, so it was hard to determine what he discovered, unless they showed that girl earlier and I don't remember her? Which still doesn't explain Sota's connection as a 'god'... especially for the military uniform girl... .unless that was a sub problem as well? Did Sota push this character in some blog site? Is that what all those links were about?

As for Alice&Zoroku, I have been watching the subs and haven't seen the dub version yet...

Masich said:
Feel free to check, but I did not say anything about plot holes being in >> this series<< (so far) :lol:
I still don't get why Sota hides them Any info about MUP, either he feels guilty if involved at her creator's suicide... or it's pointless to tell as she died? maybe he'll spill now that last creation left debuts in #6, a sick yangire like Shikimi -_-

Is that what that was? I wasn't sure.. that girl on the computer the kid is looking at came up with the storyline that was being blogged or whatever? The sub I watched didn't explain much of that, and it went by too fast... I thought it was something like that but wasn't sure.... if you understand it, please explain it... .. the story isn't his, it was this girl whose image was shown? All the comments on the screen links were in some comment section/blog site?? Was the kid (Sota? is that his name? i'm terrible at remembering names of characters)... not the author then? right? he just participated in the blog site this girl set up... some site for non professionals to show their stuff?

gdpetti said:
Is that what that was? I wasn't sure.. that girl on the computer the kid is looking at came up with the storyline that was being blogged or whatever? The sub I watched didn't explain much of that, and it went by too fast... I thought it was something like that but wasn't sure.... if you understand it, please explain it... .. the story isn't his, it was this girl whose image was shown? All the comments on the screen links were in some comment section/blog site?? Was the kid (Sota? is that his name? i'm terrible at remembering names of characters)... not the author then? right? he just participated in the blog site this girl set up... some site for non professionals to show their stuff?
The military princess, She is the fan-fiction character from an online video called: Altair: World Étude, created by Sōta's friend Shimazaki (the girl that died at the begin of episode 1). Altair is the true name of the military princess.
As for how Shimazaki and Sōta knew each other... No idea, but it somehow made its way into Altair's world, which is why she knows him.

That's as much as I could get out of it at the end of episode 5. Hope it helps.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back