Magi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ImTakes

sama
Retired
42773.jpg

Magi
Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen
Synopsis:
This story is about the flow of fate and the battle to keep the world on the right path. Aladdin is a boy who has set out to explore the world after being trapped in a room for most of his life. His best friend is a flute with a djinn in it named Ugo. Soon enough, Aladdin discovers he is a Magi, a magician who chooses kings, and he was born to choose kings who will follow the righteous path, battling against those who want to destroy fate. Follow his adventures as he meets others from 1000 Arabian Nights, like Ali Baba and Sinbad, and fights to keep the balance of world in check!
(Source: MU, MAL)

Trailer: http://www.project-magi.com/

05.gif
This one looks like fun too...Aladdin, Nippon style may prove much more exotic than the lame Disney version...I'm in. The OST sounds wonderful so far...full of adventure in a faraway land with great characters and action...I hope it will prove to be all that and more.
wink.gif

Due to air October 7, 2012.

This one seems fun. If they can make it into a proper anime it is sure to beat the other dull versions of it.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 04 2012, 01:39 PM)This one seems fun. If they can make it into a proper anime it is sure to beat the other dull versions of it.
You are correct in saying it looks like fun as it was. Very amusing first episode to what I hope will be a series full of adventure both light and dark. Treasure hunts, secret and mysterious mazes to be conquered or where one will meet their death. Aladdin, Ali Baba first meet Morgiana in the village bazaar...Aladdin and Ali Baba see that Morgiana is a slave as evidenced by her chains...of course, naive to the ways of the world, Aladdin breaks her chains with his flute with a jinni in it named Ugo and the adventure begins. I am going to enjoy said adventure. Beautifully animated with a wonderful sweeping musical score to set the entire atmosphere to what looks to be a promising adventure and some comedy and ecchi relief...all within reason, of course. I mean, Aladdin indulges head on into what he takes pleasure in in the brothel he and Ali Baba are seen to visit.
rolleyes.gif
Ugo is rather interesting...won't say why until after more have watched and have speculated.
Now, this one will be simulcast on CR on Wednesdays, but there are three fansub groups who already subbed it today and glad one on my favorite groups is among them.
wink.gif

This is the first Orient oriented anime Im watching, or to be precise the first I even heard of (or at least can remember ^^).

First ep was quite good, you can already get a good feel of how Ali Baba and Aladdin are. But what Im asking myself is, could Aladdin be a woman? After all he is wearing a sarashi around his upper body, but maybe its just style. Wouldnt be surprised of either, but I guess it will be the latter.
Animation is quite good too and the presentation of the Orient was done good too.

I sure hope we get to see enough of Yamuraiha because she just awesomely hot.

I have to say that after the first episode I feel like I'll be following this series for quite sometime now. Although it makes me wonder if this is going to be an ongoing series or your typical multi-season kind of series, or just the one shot 13/24/26 episodes total here.

In any case to see them animating a series that is somewhat baised off of the characters in 1001 Arabian Nights is rather interesting. Not only that but I think they are pretty much combining all of the stories into on giant mess of a story anyways.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 08 2012, 10:04 AM) I have to say that after the first episode I feel like I'll be following this series for quite sometime now. Although it makes me wonder if this is going to be an ongoing series or your typical multi-season kind of series, or just the one shot 13/24/26 episodes total here.

Like I already told you my dear Woofie-san, those of us who will be watching are in for what looks to be a grand adventure.
wink.gif
Genies, lovely slave girls, Aladdin's fetish, Ali Baba's desire to become rich and powerful enough to buy a country...will he buy Morgiana's freedom I wonder? I mean the way they kept looking at each other makes one wonder if the possibility of a windswept romance set against a backdrop of sand dunes and lush music will have us all swept up and away...I for one, look forward to the dungeons, the magic, and the love...
tongue.gif

This show strongly reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.

Regardless, looks like a classic no-nonsense shounen adventure, decent enough to occupy an evening a week, and great if done well.

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 08 2012, 01:19 PM) Like I already told you my dear Woofie-san, those of us who will be watching are in for what looks to be a grand adventure.
wink.gif
Genies, lovely slave girls, Aladdin's fetish, Ali Baba's desire to become rich and powerful enough to buy a country...will he buy Morgiana's freedom I wonder? I mean the way they kept looking at each other makes one wonder if the possibility of a windswept romance set against a backdrop of sand dunes and lush music will have us all swept up and away...I for one, look forward to the dungeons, the magic, and the love...
tongue.gif

You know Aya-tan yoou making this out to be kind of the romantic type of series that this might actually turn out to be... eventually. Also, for some reason I want to say that you're hitting on me with that comment my dear Aya-tan.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Besides seeing a Middle Eastern series that can be considered as a series way beofre the modern times seems like things will work out in the end.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 08 2012, 03:50 PM) You know Aya-tan you making this out to be kind of the romantic type of series that this might actually turn out to be... eventually. Also, for some reason I want to say that you're hitting on me with that comment my dear Aya-tan.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Romance does not always mean love, dear Woofie-san. Romance is an emotion or an idealization of something or so it is said...anyway, as I watched Aladdin and Ali Baba begin their new-found friendship with some rough housing and a visit to the local brothel while the OST played in the background, well, I got swept up in the fantasy and dreamed dreams and fell in love with the atmosphere and landscape and the possibility of what is yet to come...now, that's romance on a grand scale anime style.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Hitting on you? Moi? Please...you give me way too much credit to do such a thing. I would never disrespect a friendly Mod in such an uncouth manner...perhaps, it was just me coming back to reality or sand dune dust in my eyes...
tongue.gif

Wow my friend is practically gaga over this series, she recommended me the manga series but I haven't touched it yet. Then comes along an anime adaptation pretty much I keep a keen eye on this show
tongue.gif

~Wahaha~ I know that my dear Aya-tan, but I couldn't help myself from saying something like that since I can be a very hopeless romantic at times you know, and this series brought that part out of me.
wink.gif

In any case this series might be one of my favorites for the season since it has the spark to bring out my romantic side if you will.
tongue.gif

I mean the story is lovely, the setting feels wonderful, and of course the females, or most likely the female lead, look rather smexy if I do sayso myself.
tongue.gif

I really liked the first episode, it had a great mix of comedy x serious character development x adventure. I'm hoping that this will pan out to be a great adventure anime akin to FMA.
I can't believe this show's creator is also the author of Sumomomo Momomo! Anyone else remember that? lol The only similarity I can think of is that Magi incorporates a little bit of ecchiness.

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 09 2012, 06:54 PM)I really liked the first episode, it had a great mix of comedy x serious character development x adventure. I'm hoping that this will pan out to be a great adventure anime akin to FMA.
I can't believe this show's creator is also the author of Sumomomo Momomo! Anyone else remember that? lol The only similarity I can think of is that Magi incorporates a little bit of ecchiness.

I agree. It is a very good first episode. Alladin and alibaba sure were fun. That genie is strange..why doesn't he show his head? that girl that they saved looks like a good companion. I wonder when she will become one.
The author of Sumomomo Momomo
blink.gif
...That is unbelievable. Still he did use a lot of fighting techniques in that one (well, Sumomo had some good moves although she was obsessed with getting into bed with Koshi. Iroha wasn't bad either) so maybe we will get to see them also in this series.

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Oct 09 2012, 12:55 PM) I agree. It is a very good first episode. Alladin and alibaba sure were fun. That genie is strange..why doesn't he show his head? that girl that they saved looks like a good companion. I wonder when she will become one.
The author of Sumomomo Momomo 
blink.gif
...That is unbelievable. Still he did use a lot of fighting techniques in that one (well, Sumomo had some good moves although she was obsessed with getting into bed with Koshi. Iroha wasn't bad either) so maybe we will get to see them also in this series.
Oh please no! Let's try and stick to the manga and to the original story as much as possible (doubt they will though since this will be a Nippon version of things) and not some re-hashed story of characters made to resemble that series SM.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, what will prove interesting is how Aladdin met the noble Ugo and why his head is not completely released when Aladdin calls upon his help. Some scenes had Ugo free of Aladdin's grip while in other scenes, Aladdin is seen holding onto the flute while Ugo is still at work rescuing folks...or whatever.
wink.gif

Without spoiling...Morgiana is seen traveling with Aladdin and Ali Baba...as to how that came about, well, keep watching.
wink.gif

So with the second episode we finally get to see Aladdin-kun along with AliBaba-kun make thier way though the dungeon. Oddly enough it was nice to see Morgiana again since she does seem to have a cute side to her. Granted it seems that she pretty much accepted her lot as a slave, but it seems tha Aladdin-kun kind of changed that.... more or less here.

In any case it seems the local lord of the town seems to be kind of power crazed to the point of where he'd stab the mute just becuase he's agrivated over any small thing.
rolleyes.gif

The sexy voiced Sharif is one evil master. Was gruesome the way he kept stabbing the poor oaf of a slave with his sword not once either, but in two different scenes...almost like a punching bag when angry or frustrated.
dry.gif

Then there's Morgiana...not yet sure whose side she is on due to her shackled way of life but soon enough, she will awaken and be off with them (the shackles) to join our merry little duo of A and A.
wink.gif

The piano solo playing in the background, while Aladdin and Morgiana were chatting, was annoying and out of place...here's hoping they shelve it and play something more apropos to time and place, a soft, windswept exotic piece would be nice...looks like the boys have landed in another city...real or illusion? Stay tuned.
wink.gif

That Sharif is completely unlike I expected him. I didnt think he was that pathetic and lousy but more competent. Well the first glance deceived me here.

I really hope that they havent gotten to the top already because that wouldve been really lousy. I mean Ali Baba said that no one ever returned from the tower, but with just those few traps thats just stupid. That either means only completely weaklings an idiots went in there or the top is so great that just nobody wanted to return anymore.

Only thing I didnt like is that the supposedly maingirl is so ugly. Well were are other beautys coming along the road so lets hope she stays a small light.

@Yaya: What piano solo do you mean? There was no BGM when Aladdin and that girl were talking oO

I like the sense of adventure I feel whenever I watch this show. Thus far it feels like a keeper that will only keep on improving.
My fave part in this episode was when Aladdin and Morgiana were alone and he was trying to get her to laugh/smile. Aladdin is extremely perceptive and is able to understand a person's character from careful observation.
I wonder if Carthago is supposed to be Carthage?
Its only a matter of time before Morgiana cuts off those invisible chains, she should eventually realize that the Sharif isn't as powerful as she fears. He seems very incompetent, like Ossi said. She could have escaped with Aladdin and Alibaba easily, but since she's been a slave since she was a little girl her crippling fear is understandable.

LOL@ "Open sesame!" I was waiting for them to say that
tongue.gif

Ali Baba totally looked like Gilgamesh when he was ridiculing the Sharif, who is finally gone now. Seems like he once was part of a noble family.
Could it be that that one girl was in love with the sharif? From the looks of her flashbacks it could be.

So why did the three turn out on different places of the world and not together? And whats up with Aladdins djinn? At least we know now that Aladdin isnt able to completely summon him, but how comes he himself cant do that too? Maybe my initial thought that hes too shy to show his face is right.

Too bad Aladdin didnt say more to the Sharif, I really wanted to see him get crushed bit by bit mentally.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 22 2012, 05:01 AM) Ali Baba totally looked like Gilgamesh when he was ridiculing the Sharif, who is finally gone now. Seems like he once was part of a noble family.
Could it be that that one girl was in love with the sharif? From the looks of her flashbacks it could be.

Ali Baba pwning Sharif was a great scene, loved it. He does kinda look like a younger version of Gil, doesn't he? Except he doesn't have that arrogance in him, but he probably is a descendant of some royal bloodline.
No I don't think Morgiana was in love with the sharif, it's more that he was terrorizing her since she was a little girl. At that time she was helpless to do anything to stop the horrible things he did and she's still afraid of him because of it.

QUOTE (Ossi)So why did the three turn out on different places of the world and not together? And whats up with Aladdins djinn? At least we know now that Aladdin isnt able to completely summon him, but how comes he himself cant do that too? Maybe my initial thought that hes too shy to show his face is right.
I was wondering about that too... I'm thinking did I zone out at one point and miss the reason why they were all separated?! I looked back and didn't see any indication that they knew they would be.
As for Aladdin's djinn, I bet they want to keep his face secret a bit longer and that's the reason why
tongue.gif
lol, no there probably is a more substantial reason. Perhaps he does need Aladdin's magical powers to show himself, maybe he's different from the djinn that was in the dungeon in that regard.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back