Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

oppai-ga-suki

-sama
Sempai
a1375643344005613231446.jpg

(Info Taken From ANN)

Title: Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
Genres: comedy, romance
Number of Episodes: 12
Producer: Feel
Director: Itsuro Kawasaki
Cast:
Eri Kitamura as Miu Takanashi
Hiromi Igarashi as Hina Takanashi
Sumire Uesaka as Sora Takanashi
Wataru Hatano as Yūta Segawa

Daisuke Ono as Kōichi Nimura
Junji Majima as Shuntarō Sako
Nobuo Tobita as Shingo Takanashi
Sayaka Ohara as Yuri Takanashi
Yui Horie as Raika Oda

Plot:
College student Yuuta Segawa is suddenly given custody of his older sister's three daughters, aged 14, 10, and 3. They're now stuck living together in a 10 square meter apartment. Meanwhile Raika, the object of his affection, has a fondness of cuteness, and his unexpected arrivals may finally offer an opportunity for them to get together.

My thoughts:

I was surprised that no one had made a thread for this series. The first episode was good. It's pretty much what you would expect from this type of series, funny moments and some ecchi. I like how ANN entry says he is given custody of his nieces when in reality he was pretty much suckered into it. So far the characters are enjoyable. I especially liked Raika and her "crying girl" routine. Her little reading assignment to Yuuta was pretty entertaining as well. Looking forward to more episodes.

You would of thought that the Resident Lolicon would of made this thread first with how this series sounded.
tongue.gif

In any case watching the first epsidoe pretty much kind of tags the guy as now being a possible lolicon all because of him wanting to go out with the hot busty girl from the Sightseeing Club.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah sounds like your standard lolicon setup to me.
tongue.gif

Well in any case why do I kind of see Hibiki from IdolM@ster series with the youngest sister here. I get this feeling if I actually watch this series I may eventually dragg myself over to that seires now.
tongue.gif

Dont really know what to think of it except of "uninteresting".
The characters are mostly boring. Raikas looking good but nothing more, personalitywise shes completely flat and boring. The only good one was the mainguys sister since she was beeing hot and interesting, but I dont think we will ever see her again.

The comedy isnt great either, mostly totally useless.

For now its on my maybe-droplist (which is pretty big this season as it seems).

I read a few chapters before watching the first episode and I think it will be in my top 3 this season (with Another and Amagami SS+).

Loli + ecchi = c-c-c-combo breaker ! The first half of this first episode was quite boring, maybe because of Raika having too much screentime ? When I read the scan of this series, my first thought was "will the seiyuu be well chosen for the 3 loli....". But seeing that it's Eri Kitamura who is voicing Miu is a good relief for me.

I'm looking forward to what will happen next ^^

So we get a parenting series. I had hopes for this series when reading the synopsis. Something like Usagi Drop or Aishiturize Baby added with some comedy would be nice was what i was thinking.
The beginning was good with Raika. She has some pretty good scenes but still pretty flat as a character. His sister was very good and was the best character yet.
Even in this beginning something looks wrong: what was wrong with the animation? It looks pretty awkward sometimes.
Hopefully we get a bit more seriousness in the next episode.

Hmmm~ did you meant me woofie? Lol I'm always too far behind animes to actually open a thread about a series
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nemingway @ Jan 12 2012, 05:33 PM)I read a few chapters before watching the first episode and I think it will be in my top 3 this season (with Another and Amagami SS+).

Loli + ecchi = c-c-c-combo breaker ! The first half of this first episode was quite boring, maybe because of Raika having too much screentime ? When I read the scan of this series, my first thought was "will the seiyuu be well chosen for the 3 loli....". But seeing that it's Eri Kitamura who is voicing Miu is a good relief for me.

I'm looking forward to what will happen next ^^
Desho desho
biggrin.gif
!!!

I'm curious how things will develope, maybe a love fight over Yuuta between Raika and Sora? I mean Sora seems really lovey dovey towards him :3

Currently my sis power ranking would be like this

Miu > Sora=Hina

I realy like Miu so far ( the other sis are good as well but Miu is still the best ), she kidna reminds me on a charcter from the visual novel Tryptich , well at least her outer looks.

In any case all characters are good so far...although Raika is pretty boring and flat as a character but at least she looks good.

This one looks like it's going to be nifty. Read the 5 or so chapters that have been scanlated after watching the pilot, I like how the entire family is a bunch of determinators that just want to be a family at the end of the day, no matter what goes down.

Kind of wondering how they're going to handle the plot line for Yuri and Shingo's "trip". Did I read right that the manga implied they both died in a plane crash? Makes me wonder if they set Yuri up so well this episode for the wham value when/if she dies.

QUOTE (JunMisugi @ Jan 12 2012, 08:11 PM) Hmmm~ did you meant me woofie? Lol I'm always too far behind animes to actually open a thread about a series
tongue.gif

Oh ho so I'm not considered as the only Resident Lolicon here huh?
laugh.gif

Actually I was going for myself with that point there since it felt like a given.

I'm glad that you liked this serie sI recomended you to check out then.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Norren @ Jan 13 2012, 06:46 AM)Kind of wondering how they're going to handle the plot line for Yuri and Shingo's "trip".  Did I read right that the manga implied they both died in a plane crash?  Makes me wonder if they set Yuri up so well this episode for the wham value when/if she dies.
I was wondering the same ! The first chapter does imply that Yuri and Shingo died in a plane crash (but I read somewhere that those two are missing instead of being dead). So you may be totally right when you're saying they want to add a tear-jerker value when this incident will happen .

QUOTE ('JunMisugi')Miu > Sora=Hina

WHAAAAT ? No way xD Sora >>>>> Hina > Miu. Even if Sora is a copycat of Suzumiya Haruhi, her lovey dovey moment are so moe ! I think I'll worship her from now on =D

sleep.gif
Boy I really was an idiot for saying that he was suckered into taking care of the girls. I honestly thought that in the last episode when he got invited over and Yuri and Shingo weren't there that they were just going to leave and just leave them in his care without giving him a chance to refuse. I'm such a baka, that's what I get for not reading the synopsis.

Anyway, it turns out that things are a lot more serious. There is always the possibility that they are still alive. The news feed said that the people were "missing" so by the end of the series they might pull off a resurrection. It was nice to see Yuuta man up and say that he would take care of them although, we all saw it coming.

It's so good to have sibling...I envy them xD I could help shedding a tear or two in the end of the episode =p But yeah like oppai-san said, he was really cool when he said he would take care of the three of them like how his sister take care of him.

Besides that, I loved how Sora-chan was pouting here and there and then smiling ! She's sooo lovely xD Hina-chan is cute too ^^ Crying while she loses "Hina... Hina dieeed T.T" xD Miu...well Miu is Miu. She seems to like teasing Sora-chan cause she knows how her feelings for him =p

Okay pretty much I guess this was to be expected anyways so that they could have those three living with him. The up side is the siblings stick together and happen to live along side Yuuta. The down side is they'll be living at his place from here on out.

Although I do like how Hina is with her natural innocence here. I mean for myself it's more like Hina >> Miu >> Sora with how cute they are. Also, I mean by innocence standards you know.

I mean I kind of seem myself as a Loli Defender here by going with the youngest one, but she seems like the honest one in the bunch though.
tongue.gif

Delayed comment:
WHAM!

I had an idea of how that was going to play out, but it was pleasant to actually see it in motion. It left alot of room for maneuvering. Also, the scene of Shingo beating the crap out of a graffiti-faced Yuuta only to get bonked by Yuri was great. XD

Miu is a total imp and tries sooooo hard to help Sora when it comes to Yuuta. Those two make a good team that makes up for how annoying I find Miu. Hina is beyond adorable with that lisp and whatnot. I'm hard pressed to decide on which (if any) I like more than the others, but it's only two episodes in.

Definitely liking the way this is shaping up, I hope the comedy keeps on rolling in.
happy.gif

Just watched ep 2 and Im still not sure if this show is bad or a bit over bad. Fact is that they just kicked the only interesting character of this show, Yuri, out of the cast which makes the show worse than it already is. Especially the three girls are so annoying and Sora is just plain unbearable with her tsun-tsun-behaviour.
The other negative point is that this show is so predictable. I mean it was obvious something happens with the flight and its obvious that Yuri and her husband come back at the end of the show or they would be dead and not missing.
The character reactions are predictable too.

Overall you could say everything was done already. I know normally I say that this mustn be something bad but here defenitely is.

Oh and a more serious tone would be a better approach in my eyes instead of jumping around between comedy and serious.

Still on my droplist.

okay after epsidoe 3 I have to say that I'm highly enjoying this series. Granted it's not ecchi like I'm so used to but it's pretty much showing how the bonds of family are highly tragic when you have to split them up.

The down side is Hina doesn't understand fully that her parents are never comming back no matter how much she wishes for it. Although it seems that Sora and Miu know that they will never see thier parents again. Although the up side of things it seems that they are greatful that thier uncle is willing to keep them together no matter what happens to him.

In any case if I was in his place I would of dne the same exact thing since it's very tragic when you have to split up 3 sisters, especially when they prefer to stick together. Besides since he was in the same possission as they were when he was growing up of course he was willing to take resposibility for them. in any case you could say he's paying back the favor that his sister did with rasing him all by herself.
sleep.gif

I'm loving this so far.

I get the feeling it's about to crank up the un-serious as they transition into day to day life, but even with that, I love the way they're playing into the family values concept in ways that are usually left ignored. (See: The "normal" parentless anime household.)

I sort of wish they had done the Fate/Zero thing of getting a 1 hour timeslot for the pilot, eps 1~3 really feel like they could have been a single 45 minute episode.

Yuuta's best friend is an interesting character, and confirmed my hunch that he's a house-husband in the making. (He cooks, he cleans, he does laundry, he can play surrogate parent to three kids at the drop of a hat and keep all three happy.)

This third episode was really great ^^ I like how Hina can build up the mood while being dynamic and then break up the mood in one second xDD But she is so lovely ^^

It was also kind of sad to see Miu acting strong but then she couldn't resist to see Hina clueless with the current situation =/ But the funniest moment for me was when Sora went to the toilet and Miu realized she could hear her XDDD That was hilarious =p

QUOTE I sort of wish they had done the Fate/Zero thing of getting a 1 hour timeslot for the pilot, eps 1~3 really feel like they could have been a single 45 minute episode.

Yeah ! Episode 1~3 should have been a single 45 minute episode...

I also like this series. I was afraid that this series would drown itself in fanservice but the third episode proved me wrong. To see the two eldest daughters trying to maintain a brave face while the youngest doesn't understand what is going on was well done. Hopefully this series will remain using some seriousness about the situation. It looks predictable however on how the story will continue. We got to know the girl he likes, his friend and that club. We are bound to see Raika getting more emotional and since that club is strange something will happen. Still they probably will help him with raising the kids and going to college. If done in the right way it won't be a problem to have this kind of story.

Ep 3 was way better than the first two since it was serious all the way. But still I fear it will dive too much into comedy from the next ep until maybe the last one. Especially when he goes to college again.
If that happens I will probably drop this, since even though ep 3 was better it wasnt nowhere good, only average.

Well with episode 4 it seems that the girls first day alone in thier uncle's house pretty much was to go the way it was expected to do so.

In any case seeing that the pervy guy in the SS club happens to be a very dangerous guy I think it was the right idea for him to have the girls avoid him at all costs.

Finally we get down to the issue of the girls, I mean they mean well so I can understand as to how they didn't want to burden him at all, but at least things seem to work out afterall.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back