Questions About Ebay

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

iamdeath

-sama
Sempai
have u ever bought a item from ebay and never received the item?

well i have i won a slient hill homecoming on the 360 45 dollar.
The seller has great feedback i payed it problem is i never got the item at all calling him is busted.

Hopefully you paid by PayPal/credit card. Since calling the seller is out of option, you should contact PayPal/credit card company. Paypal will definitly sort this out for you and most credit card companies have 100% online protection.

good luck.

If bought through e-bay, put in a ticket with e-bay. They will either contact the user and get it sorted out or will help get your money back. It will also prevent the user from doing the same thing again.
You can also try sending a message to the user (either via e-bay or via e-mail) to see whats up - you don't HAVE to call them to get a hold of them...

On another note, I personally have not had something happen to me, but my Mother recently bought something on e-bay and is has not yet recieved the item. She contacted the seller, and the seller says she sent it...after another week, my Mother contacted the seller again, and the seller sent out a second copy (supposedly) - which has yet to be received after an additional two weeks. We are currently filing a complaint on e-bay and paypal.

QUOTE (Ranch99 @ Aug 02 2009, 10:30 AM) Hopefully you paid by PayPal/credit card. Since calling the seller is out of option, you should contact PayPal/credit card company. Paypal will definitly sort this out for you and most credit card companies have 100% online protection.

good luck.
no thru bank deposit which totally yeah i know it sux i only use paypal for oversea item not domestic anyway the guy said i sent it i check his feedback and other people got the item next day.

But i am pretty pissed off i called and email nothing even ebay helping me get in contact with him.

in general it's best to pay using something like Paypal when buying anything online as it allows you to cancel a transaction if needed, it's secure and also if things go wrong you can reclaim your money.
Use ebay's help as much as you can just in case even if there's nothing odd going on mate, the seller should understand.

Just dont buy from china...mem stick...16gb....fake....>.< user on ebay vanish...as in you dont see the person on ther what so ever...

But...and then....not there....so yeah, I decided not to.
Exactly.

One thing to watch out for ... my friend had quite a few auctions she won and multiple sellers never sent her the items. In one case, the seller completely vanished so she didn't get her money back. In other, she agreed to cancel the complaint she'd sent to ebay if the seller sent her the item again. But the seller never sent the item, and apparently once you close the ticket saying it's dealt with, ebay won't let you open another one. So she lost her money there, too. If possible, it would be better to arrange a re-send before launching a complaint if it means losing your only avenue with ebay.

Yeah but i bought 3 things from china 4 days it took to reach me but 3 one still in china 2 week been there sitting in china ready to be ship. but after i spoken to them they said its gone called my post office to track my item they said it waiting for boat to be available which meant to come by air not boat.

If they know the item is waiting to ship, then I would wait a few weeks for it to arrive. There are multiple shipping options, and the cheapest (usually called "SAL" I think) can take 3-6 weeks and basically has to wait until there is room on a boat to bring it. If this is a problem, I would make sure you know exactly what type of shipping you're paying for before purchasing next time. EMS is usually quite expensive but the item will arrive within a few days and has full tracking. Airmail is the middle option, which takes the next available spot on a plane, arriving within 1-2 weeks.

I don't know what you paid for, but from what you've said, it sounds like you're getting the cheapest (and slowest) shipping option available.

QUOTE (iamdeath @ Aug 01 2009, 07:26 PM) no thru bank deposit which totally yeah i know it sux i only use paypal for oversea item not domestic anyway the guy said i sent it i check his feedback and other people got the item next day.

But i am pretty pissed off i called and email nothing even ebay helping me get in contact with him.
That's the trouble with money orders. There is no paper trail so there is no record of the money being recieved or cashed. I would take the suggestion of the other people in this thread and just as a precaution, avoid using money orders for online transactions.

Yeah i know ranch99 with paypal they like quick to send and bang it at ur door step 3 days later but bank depoist.

They like yeah we do things slowly and wait for u to get your hope up when it comes in mail knowing it has not.

----

i spoken to another person who won item from this seller he live Tasmania he not even got his item and payed it next day when he won it he still waiting almost week & half

I got my item from this seller funny now he been ban from the site

QUOTE (Gustav1976 @ Aug 01 2009, 11:14 PM) in general it's best to pay using something like Paypal when buying anything online as it allows you to cancel a transaction if needed, it's secure and also if things go wrong you can reclaim your money.
Use ebay's help as much as you can just in case even if there's nothing odd going on mate, the seller should understand.
I wasn't allowed to purchase anything through ebay without first creating a Paypal account...I did anyway and I've never had a problem with getting my items on time...

QUOTE (hkdmz @ Aug 10 2009, 03:27 AM) I wasn't allowed to purchase anything through ebay without first creating a Paypal account...I did anyway and I've never had a problem with getting my items on time...
Yeah that true by few month i created my ebay account i created paypal but guy i know who did it for me now i buy stuff now

But now i bought a anime dvd now just have to wait for it to be ship while previous order from them is in my country problem is it not clear yet its bloody there come on

Well, I haven't experienced anything like that since I haven't used and tried ebay myself.
But recently, I found something I want on ebay, a C.C. PVC Figure. and I can't really resist on not buying it. Luckily, the seller offers meet-ups so I really don't have any problem on not getting the item.

I'll update you once the transaction is successful or not.

By the way, Paypal is the best way to pay online. Yo can file a dispute once the item is not received and you can get your money back.

QUOTE (Yuuko-chan @ Aug 25 2009, 05:03 PM) Well, I haven't experienced anything like that since I haven't used and tried ebay myself.
But recently, I found something I want on ebay, a C.C. PVC Figure. and I can't really resist on not buying it. Luckily, the seller offers meet-ups so I really don't have any problem on not getting the item.

I'll update you once the transaction is successful or not.

By the way, Paypal is the best way to pay online. Yo can file a dispute once the item is not received and you can get your money back.
yeah that true about paypal is good

only thing is when u buy stuff it take bloody long

Yeah. Honestly, I also don't like waiting. If the item is readily available on a store near us, I'll just buy them there instead of going online an waiting for it to arrive.

I only go online if that item is nowhere to be seen in our place.

Like some Japan exclusive stuffs. Or tokusatsu items that are kinda rare in the local market and can only be seen on hobby shops.

yeah true but sometimes the cheaper online then buying it from a store near by i found a anime cost 120 boxset but i found it japanese sub with english sub box set buying it brand new 40 bucks

Alright few days ago i saw item it started with a kiss if anyone knows its tv series of itazura na kiss live version...

Of course i bought the item paid it straight away said cool by today it be here but few hour later they contacted me and said we will be away its our holiday we will send it to u by end of the month.

now is that fair they email me saying that they could not just send the item away.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back