#261 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:10 PM

Ever read Parasyte?

It's pretty cool. the ending was pretty solid, and it stays on the same path for the whole manga. No random crap of characters changing and becoming pansies.

It's completed.

Or you can read Kurogane no Linabarrel.

Nice manga, with Mechas which is awesome. the lead character is also very interesting which is a plus.

Or Hayate Combat Butler.

It's been on a standstill for the past few months, but one of my favorite mangas. It's kinda like harem (well not really), and it's pretty damn funny. All of the characters are pretty interesting, so you won't get bored of them quickly. Not to mention on the last chapter Hayate started showing some interest in one of the girls, which I think it's awesome. Since we might see a development of him and one of the girls.

Or Devilman.

This manga is so good. It's short and simple, not to mention how mindfucking it is. Highly recommend this if you haven't read it. Not to mention it's completed.

I can explain a little further if you want. I know the anime of Hayate and Kurogane are really weak.
user posted image

#262 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:31 AM

If you are in the mood for horror/suspense action style manga like me check out --> Island.

If you want action check out Jackal.

If you want to read a light romantic comedy manga check out Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie.

If you want a psychological manga that is not to heavy to read and also fun check out Gamble Fish.

If you want a good seinin check out Zetman.

If you want to read a very solid tennis manga, check out Baby Steps.

Edited by anbu-black-ops, 16 April 2010 - 04:33 AM.

#263 anbu-black-ops

anbu-black-ops

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

I just started reading this, if you like martial arts manga like those old kung fu movie check out Kenji. Really nice old school style manga. The style is similar to that anime Master Cooking Boy.

#264 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Dont know if they are already posted but who cares, too lazy too check tongue.gif

Manga: No Bra
Link: Click me biggrin.gif
Plot:
This is a story about 2 childhood friends, Masato and Yuki, that reunite as teenagers.
Masato is surprised to find that Yuki has become so cute, but even more surprised to realize that Yuki was, and still is, a guy.
Yuki's affection for cross-dressing leaves Masato with feelings of discomfort and fright.

Manga: Ai Kora
Link: Click me biggrin.gif
Plot:
The plot centeres around Hachibe Maeda, a 15 year old teenager who idolizes women's individual parts. When he moves to Tokyo to attend high school, he finds himself living in a shed near a girls' dormitory which has 5 girls ladies that each possess one of the ideal physical features he desires. The story revolves around Hachibe's quest to indulge in his fetishes and his growing relationships with the other characters.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
BestAvatarandSignature.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:
Proud Captain of the AALS - Anti Anti Lolis Squad.
Secret planner of the third AALS - ALS war. Contact me for further information tongue.png

#265 franzoir

franzoir

-the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • Interests:Politics

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

I implore people to read the one shot Bankura by Hideaki Sorachi. It is one of the silliest plots ive read, but it was actually quite funny, touching and completely awesome.

The quotes in between was a nice touch, the best quote I felt came from the author himself.
user posted image

Summertime has come and gone...all used up with wishful thinking

#266 talesweaver

talesweaver

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

anyone recommend me a manga that has kinda like that ai yori aoshi or (umi no misaki) romance in it. be it high school life genre type or just slice of life will be ok

#267 uhp156

uhp156
  • Kouhais
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

Has anyone else read The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer? If you haven't, you really should. This manga really deserves a lot of love and is sorely underappreciated.

I only found it recently, and have read the whole thing. Really enjoyed it. It is now one of my favorites. The beginning chapters are a bit slow but it gets really good really fast afterwards. Don't want to spoil anything but if you didn't know about it, you should check it out. I promise you won't regret it.

#268 Tbs

Tbs

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (talesweaver @ Jan 20 2011, 11:21 PM)
anyone recommend me a manga that has kinda like that ai yori aoshi  or (umi no misaki) romance in it. be it high school life genre type or just slice of life will be ok

woo, first time coming back after a long time..

anyways.. check out suzuka (finished) and kimi no iru machi (ongoing), if you havent read them yet, both are very good romance mangas IMO, though what i would say the difference between ai yori aoshi is... the two mentioned before are probably more dramatic ... from memory that is...

also, i think love hina is quite similar to ai yo aoshi ... but its really old so you might've read it already

hope that helps (:

Edited by Tbs, 12 June 2012 - 10:05 AM.

user posted image
user posted image
My Anime List
Click here xD

#269 masterkai

masterkai

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Looking for Martial arts/magic shounen type manga. like (Mx0 or Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei) No shoujo!!
user posted image

#270 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9064 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

The only thing that comes to mind that's magic baised and actiony like a shounen would be Fairy Tail.

Other then that there's always Maho Sensei Negima!? even though that was finished a good while back though.

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#271 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

Recommending a bunch of completed Mangas, To save up on space at first sight, Plots are placed under *Spoiler*

Meguru Kakuutei (Shoujo, Supernatural, 4 chapters) A fantasy tale about a boy who enters a magical manuscript and discover "the inn of the imagination." But all's not fantasy and fun here, because there's a price to be paid for venturing into this world.
S no Yuiitsu! M no Zettai (Romance, School, Shoujo, One-shot) I only recommend the first one (Solely S, Absolutely M), seeing as its a simple short with standard cliche but still nice (plot) -> Mamiya has gorgeous looks, terrific grades and outstanding sports reflexes. He’s very popular with the girls in his class, but seems to have no interest in them whatsoever. Sawako is the only girl who treats Mamiya like a slave. She thought there’d be no change in their relationship, but…!?
Beast Master (Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, 6 chapters) Yuiko Kubozuka loves animals. Unfortunately, animals hate her and flee from her. New classmate, Leo Aoi, turns out to be a scary guy who resembles a wild animal than anything human, she is intrigued. but also because he isn’t the wild animal that he seems to be. He seems to hide a very sweet disposition behind his scary features. The truth is revealed when they are attacked and Leo immediately behaves like a wild animal and gets violent like a blood-thirsty animal. Will Yuiko be able to tame this wildest of all animals or will he be just like the others and flee from her? Or the better question, will she flee from him?
Superior/+Cross (Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen 2x28 chapters, its a 2 part series) The demon queen subdued enormous and powerful monsters and slaughtered over half of the world's population in the past. Surviving members of the human race elected a hero, Exa, to slay the demon queen, beseeching release from her oppressive rule. However, Exa now questions his mission to eradicate the monsters and demons because in his opinion, they too are conscious and alive. The thought of killing them leaves him in anguish. Meanwhile, Sheila, the Demon Queen, becomes interested in him and decides to join his journey, hiding her identity while plotting to kill him after she has gains his trust. However, she realizes that she's fallen in love with the hero, and hence their journey begins...
Shinigamihime no Saikon (Comedy, Romance, Shoujo, 14 chapters) Alicia Faitlin, daughter of an impoverished aristocratic family, was forced into an arranged marriage by her uncle, but the groom is killed suddenly in the middle of the ceremony.
Although Alicia has been labeled "The Princess of Death” due to this incident, there's someone pursuing the matter of a second marriage with her. He is an upstart noble whose family was recently promoted to the ranks of the aristocracy, Kashburn Licen. This man is rumored to be a "Tyrant" but-?

Enjoy!!

#272 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

What can I say, Mangas are a lot better compared to anime lately.

Recommending a bunch of Ongoing Mangas. >>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon Sareta no Desu ga (Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo):

Spoiler

Ore to kawazu san no isekai hourouki (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)

Spoiler

Ojojojo (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life)

Spoiler

Nukoduke! (Comedy, Josei, Slice Of Life)

Spoiler

Takewo-chan Bukkai Roku (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)

Spoiler

Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)

Spoiler

#273 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

What can I say, Mangas are a lot better compared to anime lately.

Recommending a bunch of Ongoing Mangas. >>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukon Sareta no Desu ga (Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo):

Spoiler

Ore to kawazu san no isekai hourouki (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Slice Of Life)

Spoiler

Sweet Dreams in the Demon Castle (Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)

Spoiler

I love these three.  

I'm also finding Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Tensei Shitara Kendeshita, and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta ken to be pretty good.

Outside of Isekai... Dungeon Meshi is the best food manga ever and Helck is a classic among fantasies with how it can play comedy, parody, and drama at the same time and not strain disbelief. ^_^

#274 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'm also finding Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku, Tensei Shitara Kendeshita, to be pretty good.

I follow those two as well xD The amount of ''Reincarnated'' series have really increased lately, but, luckily most of them are still nice to read^^

#275 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

I follow those two as well xD The amount of ''Reincarnated'' series have really increased lately, but, luckily most of them are still nice to read^^

It's hardly unexpected, given SAO and Log Horizon's LN success.  Isekai/Tensei was already a strong trope of it's own, but those two supercharged it up to 11 and Alphapolis seems to be mopping them up along with a bunch of fantasy world LNs up for adaptation.

I mean, even before the ones we've mentioned, In Another World, They Call me Black Healer, and Tsuyokute, New Saga are amazing.

... And oh hey, speaking of good Tensei, The mage will master magic effectively in his second life got new chapters. :D

#276 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

... And oh hey, speaking of good Tensei, The mage will master magic effectively in his second life got new chapters. :D

Oh! I read that up to ch10 last time I saw it. Thanks for reminding me of this series!

Speaking Mangas: Ongoing Recommendation time!

>>>Plot is inside the spoiler. + Self Commentary between the ()<<<

Ano musume ni Kiss to Shirayuri o / A Kiss and a white lily (Seinen, Shoujo Ai)

Spoiler

Suki x Suki (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen, Supernatural)

Spoiler

4 Cut Hero (Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen)

Spoiler

Tsurezure Children (Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shounen)

Spoiler

Kyuuketsu Baito Kirishima-Kun (Comedy, Romance, Seinen, Slice Of Life, Supernatural)

Spoiler

From Maid to Mother (Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo, Slice Of Life, Supernatural)

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users