Samurai Flamenco

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Samurai Flamenco (Samumenco)
Japanese: サムライフラメンコ (サムメンコ)
Airing date: 10/10/2013 (TV series 22 episodes)
Genres: Superhero, Comedy-drama
Director: Takahiro Omori
Written by: Hideyuki Kurata
Music by: Kenji Tamai and agehasprings
Original character designer: Chinatsu Kurahana
Character designer: Yoshimitsu Yamashita
Action supervisor: Tatsuo Yamada
Design works by: Waiichi Yuda
Main animator: Masaki Yamada
Art superintendent: Hirotsugu Kakoi
Art composition by: Hiroshi Kato
Color design by: Shigenobu Kaihoko
Photography director: Kenji Takahashi
Editor: Kazuhiko Seki
Producer: Aniplex
Studio: Manglobe
Network: Fuji TV (Noitamina)
Opening theme: "Just One Life" by SPYAIR
Ending theme: "Date Time (デートTIME)" by Mineral Miracle Muse

Main cast: Masayoshi Hazama (羽佐間 正義) voiced by Toshiki Masuda
Hidenori Goto (後藤 英徳) voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
Sumi Ishihara (石原 澄) voiced by Chie Nakamura

Mineral Miracle Muse: Moe Morita (森田 萌) voiced by Erii Yamazaki
Mari Maya (真野 まり) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Mizuki Misawa (三澤 瑞希) voiced by Mao Ichimichi (M・A・O)

Supporting cast: Jun Harazuka (原塚 淳) voiced by Tōru Ōkawa
Joji Kaname (要 丈治) voiced by Jūrōta Kosugi
Akira Konno (今野 明) voiced by Satoshi Mikami

Official website: http://www.samumenco.com/
CMs:

Synopsis: Original anime scheduled to run on noitaminA for 2 cours. The anime's taglines read, "To those 'adults' who don't want to become adults..." and "Hero will never give up, never hide, never be defeated, never accept evil."

Male model Masayoshi Hazama decides to become a superhero, despite having no superpowers or the technology to create a high-powered suit. He becomes the hero, Samurai Flamenco and begins to fight crime in the name of justice. Police officer Hidenori Goto finds out about Samurai Flamenco and his real identity by a twist of fate, which leads to him getting involved into lots of trouble. Nonetheless, these two young men will come face to face with hardships of being crime-fighters while discovering what it truly means to be a hero of justice.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 02 2013, 03:51 AM)Samurai Flamenco: I miss a good action flicki was missing a superhero show for this season ;p that said, the "hero" reminds me Twelve from Mirai Nikki yet its sidekick chemistry is sort of Tiger & Bunny... also today premiered Galilei Donna and Koroshiya-san: the Hired Gun, but both 1st episodes weren't interesting enough for me :/ Ex: very low - PS 6/10

Ahaha, so I was off with the "action flick" prediction - but that's their fault for marketing it the way they did.

Other than that, the show's taken off marvelously, and is probably competing for being the show of the season to me.

I am responsible for 206 of the views
biggrin.gif

xD lol i get it.

Getting better with each ep XD

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 24 2013, 04:09 PM) Getting better with each ep XD
Yeah I agree this series has really grown on me

I died laughing when the police officer was standing on the building as samurai flamenco
Saying "Whoa this feels good"

This is definitely one of the best shows this season
biggrin.gif

It's not overly serious, and with just the right amount of humors, drama and developments.

At least Masayoshi will now be getting some proper basic martial art training. Not that a "hero" in a modern Japan society can use violence against petty crimes (he'd be charged with assault, even if it is against people not following the rules/laws
laugh.gif
), but at least if he does get beat-up again, he won't get hurt or in pain as much...so I think pain endurance training before fighting technique would be the sensible thing to do
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 27 2013, 03:18 AM)This is definitely one of the best shows this season
biggrin.gif

It's not overly serious, and with just the right amount of humors, drama and developments.

At least Masayoshi will now be getting some proper basic martial art training. Not that a "hero" in a modern Japan society can use violence against petty crimes (he'd be charged with assault, even if it is against people not following the rules/laws
laugh.gif
), but at least if he does get beat-up again, he won't get hurt or in pain as much...so I think pain endurance training before fighting technique would be the sensible thing to do
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 18 2013, 11:58 AM)Ahaha, so I was off with the "action flick" prediction - but that's their fault for marketing it the way they did.

Other than that, the show's taken off marvelously, and is probably competing for being the show of the season to me.yup I must admit i underestimated this surprising series after watching the first episode because like you mentioned, I was expecting a show full of action but I was disappointed thinking it would become a slowpaced slice of life instead :/... but i'm glad my first impression was wrong ^^ i just marathoned ep'2 debuting the fangirl idol Mari, ep.3 about Red Axe and ep.4 specially cracked me up with the Flamenco magical girl kicking criminal groins after she saves Samumenco
tongue.gif

the 'realistic superhero' plot is starting to blur each time but ep.6 took the cake xD Samumenco just turned into a err, male sentai version of Bakemonogatari's Senjogahara using office/school items to defend himself (stapler nunchakus!) ;p
Samurai Ink Eraser! + Samurai Retractable Pen! = Flamen Shoot
laugh.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 19 2013, 02:00 PM) the 'realistic superhero' plot is starting to blur each time but ep.6 took the cake xD Samumenco just turned into a err, male sentai version of Bakemonogatari's Senjogahara using office/school items to defend himself (stapler nunchakus!)
Yea...who would have thought what appears to be a "nunchuck" is in fact a projectile weapon
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Nov 20 2013, 03:39 PM)QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Nov 19 2013, 02:00 PM)the 'realistic superhero' plot is starting to blur each time but ep.6 took the cake xD Samumenco just turned into a err, male sentai version of Bakemonogatari's Senjogahara using office/school items to defend himself (stapler nunchakus!)Yea...who would have thought what appears to be a "nunchuck" is in fact a projectile weapon
biggrin.gif
'I spent most of my time practicing this technique' xD what i find weird was the faithful cop seduced by Mari, not yet a pic of his girlfriend or her voice :/ by the OP (he drops roses to the sea) I bet she's dead ... now that the vigilantes swept most crimes from the city ep.7 got more dramatic and darker, with Masayoshi's past and the supervillains debut oO are they responsible of killing his parents?
ohmy.gif

somebody please explain to me wtf is going on with this, i was thinking its either a dream or the movie he was working in, but seriously dafuq

Just saw episode 7...and my only comment is...

WTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTFWTF!?

Eh who knows, maybe it finally gets to be a proper hero action flick?
unsure.gif

That better have been a dream. What the hell?!?
blink.gif

Since I've never commented on thsi show before, let me tell you about my three favorite things.

1) Tomokazu Sugita doing the straight-man, incredulous ranting and raving thing, sometimes almost reaching Sakata Gintoki levels.

2) The speaking voice of Morita Moe, Flamenco Sapphire, especially when she randomly blurts out English words and phrases. I'll be keeping my ears open for future performances from Yamazaki Erii.

3) Ishihara Sumi, Masayoshi's hard-working, sometimes Oni of an agent, especially when she being sexually harassed by that creepy website guy, because I'd be hitting on her day and night too if I had the chance too.

Glad I took the liberty of tossing out a suggestion for you to watch this one, A~san.
rolleyes.gif
This one was recommended to me by my good friend, Ossi~san who knew I would like it.
wink.gif
I sent it to nijlandp~san as well and he likes it too.

Anyway, this new/surprising/silly twist hopefully proves interesting.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Klyern @ Nov 22 2013, 10:18 AM)somebody please explain to me wtf is going on with this, i was thinking its either a dream or the movie he was working in, but seriously dafu
QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Nov 25 2013, 05:18 PM)Eh who knows, maybe it finally gets to be a proper hero action flicit really happened o_O the plot just turned 180° from a comedy paroding sentai and tokusatsu series, into a gory shonen show so i only hope it'll be better than Zetman (i kinda liked it but some did not)... about ep.8 apart a decapitated cop and other 2 killed there weren't more casualties, without counting monsters ¬¬ the series wasnt meant to be taken seriously but it's turning too weird lately
sleep.gif

Interesting how the story went to crap the same time the animation did. Probably the demands of doing multiple action sequences led to the profusion of flat, unshaded, unfinished-looking non-action sequences. For example, the police funeral, the background characters on the bus, AAA at their photo-shoot and Gotou and Masayoshi talking to each other at the end of the episode all looked awful.

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 29 2013, 07:04 PM) Interesting how the story went to crap the same time the animation did.
Totally agree with you there...before I make any rash decisions though, will wait it out and see if things get back to their normal witty ways otherwise, if the story presses onward with the silly get-ups and what-nots, this one is gonna go in my anime dumpster irregardless of how much I admire and swoon for handsome, no-nonsense, Goto-hot-san.
wub.gif
wub.gif

By the way, A~san...I do recall very clearly that busty and over-the-top perky, Mari-chan, was observed to say pretty much the same thing when she was voicing her discontent to her side kicks about how "she was becoming uninterested." Granted, she was upset at not catching more of those drag queen like villains but if this series continues to stifle whatever fun was to be had, well, I may just adopt her attitude.
tongue.gif

QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 29 2013, 09:04 PM)Probably the demands of doing multiple action sequences led to the profusion of flat, unshaded, unfinished-looking non-action sequences. For example, the police funeral, the background characters on the bus, AAA at their photo-shoot and Gotou and Masayoshi talking to each other at the end of the episode all looked awful.fortunately the ep. 9 quality improved but lately its twisted plot is enough to go back with my initial score, I had a bad feeling after watching the pilot but didn't expect this series to trainwreck soon... my guess is that they're testing how the audience will react to this kind of twists, like Harazuka asked SF 'why monsters explode' or people dont care anymore after getting used to them (FTV News?)
tongue.gif

lol that last skit with her singing reminded me of exel saga, but it wasnt funny as much as it was akward.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back