Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Wanna be the Strongest in the World! (SekaTsuyo)
Japanese: 世界でいちばん強くなりたい! (せかつよ)
Airing date: 6/10/2013 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Sports, Action, Ecchi
Original creator: ESE
Original character designer: Kurojishi
Original art: Kiyohito Natsuki
Director: Rion Kujo
Written by: Kazuho Hyodo
Music by: MOKA☆
Character designer: Rin Shin
Producers: Movic and Earth Star Entertainment
Studio: Arms Corporation
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX and YTV
Opening theme: "Beautiful Dreamer (ビューティフル・ドリーマー)" by Kyoko Narumi
Ending theme: "Fan Fanfare!!!" by Ayana Taketatsu, Kana Asumi, Yuka Ootsubo, Miku Itou & Sora Amamiya
Main cast: Sakura Hagiwara (萩原 さくら) voiced by Ayana Taketatsu
Elena Miyazawa (宮澤 エレナ) voiced by Kana Asumi
Misaki Toyoda (豊田 美咲) voiced by Kyoko Narumi
Rio Kazama (風間 璃緒) voiced by Haruka Tomatsu
Moe Fukuoka (福岡 萌) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto
Jackal Toujou (ジャッカル東条) voiced by Chiaki Takahashi
Sweet Diva: Nanami Kanno (菅野 七海) voiced by Yuka Ootsubo
Yuho Mochizuki (望月 悠歩) voiced by Miku Itou
Aika Hayase (早瀬 愛華) voiced by Sora Amamiya
Makoto Kirishima (桐島 真琴) voiced by Eri Kitamura
Supporting cast: Kanae Fujishita (藤下 香苗) voiced by Rina Satou
Seiichi Inoba (猪場 清一) voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki
Kaichou (会長) voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto
Jumbo Yamamoto (ユンボ山本) voiced by Ayahi Takagaki
Claire Komiyama (小宮山 紅亜) voiced by Sumire Uesaka
Juri Sanada (真田 朱里) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Chinatsu Suzumoto (鈴元 千夏) voiced by Suzuko Mimori
Hornet (ホ―ネット) voiced by Sora Tokui
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Cs7SoKSJWk?rel=0&autoplay=1
TV series CM: http://www.sekatsuyo.com/page/pv3.html
Official website: http://www.sekatsuyo.com

Synopsis: Sakura Hagiwara and Elena Miyazawa are the leading members of a popular idol group Sweet Diva. One day, Elena is injured by the attack of a female pro-wrestler Rio Kazama during the recording of a TV program. Sakura gets mad at Rio and gives her a dropkick. To avenge Elena, Sakura enters the female pro-wrestling matches.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Aug 01 2013, 11:58 PM)- not expecting much: 7. IS <Infinite Stratos> 2
8. Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (my new idol pro-wrestling guilty pleasure xD)still I think the same after watching ep.1 xD as expected it's 'more fanservice than sport' (kinda like the jousting harem, Walkure Romanze) but it's been a while since i saw a new female prowrestling anime... I never finished the 2 seasons of Fighting Beauty Wulong because most episodes werent subbed properly, but i guess i didn't miss much so maybe this'll be an exception; Ex: droplist candidate - PS 5/10

IMO watching this anime for most part is just an excuse to hear the well-known female seiyuu moaning
tongue.gif

indeed though at times they're so loud that i have to turn down its volume xD what hooked me to try it, was Fumihiko Tachiki (in PV) yelling "agony! Agony!! AGONY!!! The Most Agonizing Anime Ever"... after watching the first 2 episodes looks like it'll be not the case but i imagined his hilarious narration from Kaiji, level E or Gintama making these female pro-wrestler matches into an epic guilty pleasure of mine
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 07 2013, 01:33 PM) IMO watching this anime for most part is just an excuse to hear the well-known female seiyuu moaning
tongue.gif

LOL

I wasn't paying attention during this last episode, and by the time they had gotten to somewhere around the 10th throw, my wife comes running into the room saying, "WHAT are you watching?!?!?"
tongue.gif

The moment she saw the side jiggle, and pinning scenes in the first pro match, she looks at me and says, "Your choice in anime has just lost all credibility with me Mister!"

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 17 2013, 08:57 PM) LOL

I wasn't paying attention during this last episode, and by the time they had gotten to somewhere around the 10th throw, my wife comes running into the room saying, "WHAT are you watching?!?!?"
tongue.gif

The moment she saw the side jiggle, and pinning scenes in the first pro match, she looks at me and says, "Your choice in anime has just lost all credibility with me Mister!"
Could had been worse, if you were just innocently watching random video on youtube, and by chance landed on one of those troll videos with aniki's (Billy Herrington's) wrestling series...
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Oct 18 2013, 04:28 PM)QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Oct 17 2013, 09:57 PM)LOL

tongue.gif

The moment she saw the side jiggle, and pinning scenes in the first pro match, she looks at me and says, "Your choice in anime has just lost all credibility with me Mister!"Could had been worse, if you were just innocently watching random video on youtube, and by chance landed on one of those troll videos with aniki's (Billy Herrington's) wrestling series...
laugh.gif
seriously? err I prefer to not find out xD and i thought the '100 throws hell' was a bit too much for an ex-idol in ep.2, Sakura must be a Saiyan to endure all the pain without any bruise or blood trace o.0 she just felt like puking but thats it... what surprised me in ep.3 is how much she kept losing unlike most protas that win at first or after a few defeats, maybe isn't a masochist kind of wrestler who enjoys being beaten match after match like 'Kick-Heart' but still impressive
happy.gif

I dropped this one after episode 3.

For 2 simple reason's.

1: No wrestling school/gym ever will not give you proper training if you lose 50 times in a row with the same move.

2: QUOTE Since all contact between the wrestlers must cease if any part of the body is touching, or underneath, the ropes, many wrestlers will attempt to break submission holds by deliberately grabbing the bottom ropes. This is called a rope break, and it is one of the most common ways to break a submission hold. Most holds leave an arm or leg free, so that the person can tap out if he wants. Instead, he uses these free limbs to either grab one of the ring ropes (the bottom one is the most common, as it is nearest the wrestlers, though other ropes sometimes are used for standing holds) or drape his foot across, or underneath one. Once this has been accomplished, and the accomplishment is witnessed by the referee, the referee will demand that the offending wrestler break the hold, and start counting to five if the wrestler does not. If the referee reaches the count of five, and the wrestler still does not break the hold, he is disqualified. .

Even while you clearly see her touching the rope a few times. The rule is completely ignored in the anime.

Other things are that she became from a person who endured the harsh beginners training and 100 throws of hell to a complete i cant do anything but cry pussy. Even her match against rio she could do more and that is before her training. And after watching the end of episode 3 i can pretty much see where this anime is headed.

^ by "i can pretty much see where this anime is headed" do you mean that Sakura will have a winning streak, after Misaki's training in ep.4 to escape the Boston crab from now on? is the series so predictable? :/ ...sarcasm aside i expected it wouldnt turn as realistic as it apparents to be but, comparing other sport anime i have seen lately is more believable (and ecchi ¬¬) than lets say Inazuma eleven or wulong
tongue.gif

I'm really trying to give this a chance but all that is happening in the main screaming for 15 minutes of an episode. I can't believe someone thought that would be entertaining

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Oct 30 2013, 02:21 AM)I'm really trying to give this a chance but all that is happening in the main screaming for 15 minutes of an episode. I can't believe someone thought that would be entertainingi guess thats what the PV announcer means by 'most agonizing anime ever' but at least, 65 losses in a row wasn't predictable now that Sakura isn't losing by a same move since ep.5 -.-... still this is the first series I ever watched where the protagonist is beaten so many times which is a fresh change, I bet finally she'll win her rematch against Rio next week or else the plot will never advance
huh.gif

''sigh'' ep.7 started to get better than the previous episodes with Jackal Toujo's return to Japan, challenging her kouhai the national champion Misaki and other pro-wrestling rookies... but it had to be predictable that protagonist Sakura will fight against the world champ :/ I mean come on, why she chose someone who won once but lost 65 straight bouts instead of that 'mysterious masked girl'?
sleep.gif
'

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back