• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#661 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:02 PM

So this was season 2 of Index. It was indeed better than the first season with more story to boot. Index wasn't as useless as before and the other characters were fun to watch (i can't seem to forget that Komoe-sensei who chases Stiyl laugh.gif He really was fun when he said that he had trouble with losing her). Sometimes the story did seem to drag along though which does hurt the overall impression..
Still in all a good second season and better than the first one 8 out of 10 for me.

#662 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts
  • Interests:on vacation~

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'm also giving it an 8/10. I think this is one of those rare sequels that actually manage to be better than the first installment. It was action packed and always kept me interested, which can be a challenge with some shows tongue.gif Looks like the third season might be even better, with an upcoming war which will probably have lots of cool action scenes and plot developments.
Best of all we got to see what happened to Last Order at the end, I was wondering if we would see her at all.... tongue.gif and it ended with the usual scene of Index biting Touma's head and him saying his trademark line: "Such misfortune!" tongue.gif Poor guy.

Currently Watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zur�ckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#663 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

Seems like Im the only one who thinks that season 1 was better. The pacing in this on was planly awful, the storys were except for the Orsola, Daihaseisai arc and the Vento arc uninteresting and useless. And even in these arcs there was so much useless stuff.

Only really good points where the addition of some characters (Seiri, Orianna, Laura & Misuzu) and that the overall plot is very interesting.

Overall it was a nice season but I didnt enjoy it the whole time. Season 1 was better and Railgun is just worlds above.
7/10 from me (Season 1 was 8/10)

Oh yeah and just why did they add that russion girl in on of the eps? She played no role at all oO
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#664 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

My Russian girl do you mean Sasha? Well pretty much she was in the Angel Fall story arc last season, and since they were focused on showing off the nuns from the Chatolic Curch and whatnot this season they might of wanted to include her since she probably will show up in the third season, I'll bet.

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#665 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.
    I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.

Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004
    Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005
    Sempai in June 2006
    Fansub TV Team in October 2006
    10000th post in July 2011
    Fansub TV Leader in January 2011

Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 09:58 AM)
My Russian girl do you mean Sasha? Well pretty much she was in the Angel Fall story arc last season, and since they were focused on showing off the nuns from the Chatolic Curch and whatnot this season they might of wanted to include her since she probably will show up in the third season, I'll bet.

Or its because Sasha was an awesome character and us fans wanted at least some screen time of Sasha tongue.gif

#666 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

Ok Kit I'll give you that one... for now. tongue.gif

Besides when they showed her for a short time we see how utterly physically powerful she is, along with her partner who somehow likes getting hit with her crowbar at times. Heck she even mentioned as to why she was wearing that special bondage-like outfit as well.

In any case I hope Shasha does show up in the third season mind you.

#667 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts

Sempai in June 2006

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 05 2011, 08:49 PM)
In any case I hope Shasha does show up in the third season mind you.

Well from what I've heard, the second season ends half way through volume 13 of the light novel. There are currently 22 volumes available, which, if you ask me, is more than enough to be animating a third season right now. Maybe this is why many people were disappointed? Still a sluggish plot development and a lot of source material to work with?

#668 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

But isn't that good story telling if they have a lot to work with and a chance to do character development in the process? In any case the problem with this is that there are a whole lot of characters that have been introduced or will be introduced that would make the character charts of other series look insignificant by comparasion though.

Anyways I'm still looking forward to the third season, but I'm sure we'll have to wait after Shanna season 3, and of course Railgun season 2. Although wasn't this studio known to do Louise? I mean her series is long overdue for another season mind you.

#669 Warsprite

Warsprite

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Apr 06 2011, 09:32 PM)
In any case the problem with this is that there are a whole lot of characters that have been introduced or will be introduced that would make the character charts of other series look insignificant by comparasion though.

There are a crapton of characters. Actually one of the things I like most about the series is that it has so many characters, and so many of them are interesting.

Speaking of character charts though, there's a massive, and spoiler-iffic one here:

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Characters

#670 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

Any info on when the third season comes out?

I just rewatched the first and second season. It's as awesome as I remember it was.

Someone really needs to make a .gif of touma punching all the different girls in both seasons, with a message like "Living The Life" at the end.
user posted image

#671 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8830 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

Just found out that the original light novels have ended for To Aru Majutsu no Index....how much light novel material did the anime use or is it taking a different twist to the tale ?

#672 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts

Sempai in June 2006

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ May 29 2011, 10:38 PM)
Just found out that the original light novels have ended for To Aru Majutsu no Index....how much light novel material did the anime use or is it taking a different twist to the tale ?

Season 2 covers up to novel 13 of 24. The remaining of the novels cover the Third World War. The sequel: To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament recently began to be published and is a direct sequel to the events of 24th novel.

#673 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8830 posts

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ May 30 2011, 06:13 AM)
Season 2 covers up to novel 13 of 24. The remaining of the novels cover the Third World War. The sequel: To Aru Majutsu no Index: New Testament recently began to be published and is a direct sequel to the events of 24th novel.

Thats good news, so it seems a 3rd season a little more likely than I thought before. rolleyes.gif

#674 Repede

Repede

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

How closely is the anime to the novels?

I been itching to read the manga, but it's kinda behind.
user posted image

#675 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts

Sempai in June 2006

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Repede @ Jun 01 2011, 03:32 PM)
How closely is the anime to the novels?

I been itching to read the manga, but it's kinda behind.

It's pretty faithful. A few additional bits here and there, but overall pretty close. See my last post.

#676 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8830 posts

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I watched the entire 2nd season over the weekend whilst introducing a few of my friends to Bakemonogatari as well as playing a lot of Halo Reach.

The 2nd season was decent but as I was watching it, I just felt like this is really really boring, it felt too similar to many other animes. The 2nd season to me didn't really accomplish anything in my eyes, it was slow and had incredibly cheesy lines throughout the series. Especially Touma's so called speeches and I hated the fact that Index would sometimes just bite Touma for the smallest of disagreements. Vento was awesome but her reason for hating "Science" was really shit.

This series and particularly the 2nd season had a lot of cool characters but they weren't given enough air-time or even fleshed out this season.

I really can't give this season of the series much praise, it was disappointing for many reasons but it wasn't horrible. I think I only listened to one of the OPs fully but I skipped them all the time because I didn't think they were any good.

Touma puches too many girls, actually too many male characters punch the crap out of the grils and women in this series. I think the author has some sort of fetish. dry.gif

My overall opinion was that the 2nd season, "weak, disappointing but cool characters". I give the 2nd season a 6/10, I gave both the 1st season and the Railgun series a 8/10.

However, despite all this disappointment remains hope that a possible 3rd season could make a knock-out victory from what I have read, the story really heats up in the light novel from this point onwards. biggrin.gif

#677 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:52 PM

Because season 3 has already started I might as well bring this back up to the top of things. So pretty much we are now going into the WWIII story arc it would seem for this season, and not only that but how things that don't involved Touma directly is causing a major impact in Academy City and the two Church factions as well.

#678 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:40 PM

So we are coming to an end to the WWIII arc, and apparently Accelerator is getting his own spin-off series, as well as Misaka getting her 3rd season too.

#679 gdpetti

gdpetti

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:23 AM

Spin off after spin off... so the story will never end... as planned... milk it to death and beyond.... I barely remember the story line... 2012 S2? JCDranzer said? Wow, has it been that long for the manga to put out enough chapters? or where he/she too busy doing all the spinoffs? I never watched that spinoff of the girls.... wasn't it just a redo of the same storyline from this one that they were in? Same spinoff idea with that other long dead storyline of Haruto... spun off with the last movie... another Naruto in the making they hope? If so, they have to put out more product, just get more writers on staff to crank it out.... that's how it's done... it's all about the money, right? ;)

Is S3 any good? I  remember liking this show... though SSCDanzer was right.... it started to drift.... and setting up that spinoff proved it... and now they're thinking of another? I don't even remember who 'Accelerator' was/is.... some dude eh? Wow.... 2012 was S2.... no wonder.

Is it any good? if so, I'll have to go back and check out the previous S1/S2... .to remember it well enough.... or not. :lol:

#680 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

Understandable, but the complains usually end up being there's too much Touma to there's not enough Touma at all. Also, it basically does kind of a Civil War of Academy City with the underground groups of sorts before the WWIII story kicks off. Also, it shows that Hamazura is another Level 0 to actually pay attention too as well.

Also, yes 7 years can really throw someone off of what has happened so far too. I'm honestly not sure as to why it was held off in the first place for that long though, it's sort of reminding me when they did this with the Shanna series and the Louise series too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users