Princess Lover!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: Princess Lover!
Japanese Title: プリンセスラバー!
Genre: Romance, Drama, Comedy, HAREM, Ecchi
Premier: 5th July 2009
Director: Hiromitsu Kanazawa
Animation Studio: GoHands (they worked as 2nd animation for Gundam 00 2ns Season)
Original Creator: Ricotta
Series Composition: Makoto Nakamura
Character Design: Shingo Suzuki (also the Animation Director)
Official Website: http://www.prilover.tv/index.html

Basic Info:

The anime is set for 12 episodes and is based on a ero-game.

OP:"Princess Primp!" by Miyuki Hashimoto
ED: "S.S.D" by yozuca*

Cast:

Takuma Terashima as Teppei Arima
Emiri Katou as Seika Houjouin
Kaoru Mizuhara as Erika Takesono
Kaya Miyake as Maria
Megumi Toyoguchi as Sylvia
Minoru Shiraishi as Haruhiko Nezu
Norio Wakamoto as Isshin Arima
Nozomi Sasaki as Ayano Kaneko
Ryoka Yuzuki as Charlotte
Takehito Koyasu as Vincent
Yousuke Akimoto as Alfred
Yuki Matsuoka as Yuu Fujikura

Plot #1:

Main protagonist, Teppei is taken in by his grandfather after the unfortunate death of his parents. It turns out that Teppei's grandfather is a force in the economic, high society world of Japan, and without a successor his grandfather makes him the legitimate heir.

Thus Teppei is enrolled in such a prestigious school where students all belong to the highest castes of society. Charlotte and Sylvia are princesses of their respective nations, while Seika is a daughter and renowned model of the fashion world. Yuu is Teppei's maid who serves him and goes to school with him as part of the Arima household.

(~from A-S~)

Plot #2:

Arima Teppei lost his parents in a traffic accident. His grandfather Isshin adopted him by force and ordered him to succeed the head of Arima Group Corporation. At Shuuhou Gakuen, a high school only for wealthly students, Teppei's new life as a celebrity starts.

(~from MAL~)

My Thoughts:

I'm hoping that a really intense love polygon will brew in this series and not FAIL like Akane-iro.
wink.gif

I have a bad feeling that this will be my guilty pleasure show for this season that I'll watch even though it seems like it will not be that good.

Anyway good to see the old JCD mass posts for new series being done. lol

I think I will watch it (at least the first couple episodes), because it doesnt really sound bad.

@JCDRANCER: Akane-Iro was no fail. Ok I dont know the game, so I dont know how good/bad the Anime is compared to the game, but jusst as an Anime I think it was good (even tough Tsukasa was not nearly enough shown).

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jun 26 2009, 07:14 AM) @JCDRANCER: Akane-Iro was no fail. Ok I dont know the game, so I dont know how good/bad the Anime is compared to the game, but jusst as an Anime I think it was good (even tough Tsukasa was not nearly enough shown).
you need to go to jail for even typing that out... Akane-Iro sucked soooo bad lmao, i don't even remember how many people dropped that show after like 3 eps
blink.gif
blink.gif
blink.gif
i think the major turn-off on that anime was the voice acting, not to mention the totally thrown off ending

anyway i'm gonna keep an eye on this one, if it comes over as funny with a good side of romance i'll defin give it a shot; hopefully not an game adapt burn like certain others this year (TTT)

Well this got me interested.

Also, yes I also watched Akane-Iro all the way to the end and I was disappointed on how they decided to a last minute change up and had him go with his non-blood related sister. All I can say I hope this series doesn't do anything that idiotic at the end or it'll kill the whole series for me. So I have to agree with AnimeWiz on that point there.

Although with what the plot says about this series I'm kind of hopeful over this.

I'll certainly will give this show a chance. The preview was interesting enough. A series with a potential to give a complicated love story (and lost of comedy
biggrin.gif
) is always worth a shot.
Hmm, Akane Iro wasn't all that bad. The writers tried to include to much. If they just stuck with the story about Jun'ichi and Yuuhi it would have been a very good story. Now it was just entertaining to watch.
And i agree with Kid-wolf: the ending was very disappointing,

to no one's suprise; the pink haired oujo-sama seems like the lead heroine... doesn't mean she'll get picked (go ahead and have your fantasies) but she is the most likely to end up with him... my personal opinion? yep, she is the one who'll end up with him

anyway its defin... the guilty pleasure this summer
laugh.gif
i'll keep watching since its a suprisingly good show even though its an ero-game adapt; the fanservice isn't over the top like certain other shows this year, but more like eye candy that leaves things to the imagination... for now at least
laugh.gif
im guessing a few groups will pick this one up

Base on the good review so far, plus the chase scene and the sword play involved... I think I will pick this one up to give it a try.

Sorry incase I whine like a spoilt brat
sad.gif

I wanna ask, how long will it usually be before a new anime get a subber? It has been a while and no team seems to pick this up, so any1 know which team gonna pick this anime. thx

EDIT: nvr mind, I have watched the raw, the japanese isnt that hard so I can grasp around 95%. Interesting setting we got here
rolleyes.gif
,the animation is a bit strange I think, or probabily just not used to it. Other than that, all the characters are cute and likable.

Although the first sub of princess lover is out I highly recommend passing on watching it. The censorship in the episode is ridiculous and just stupid in general. It is possible that the uncensored version will be out on thursday (thanks to AT-X) and then just hope someone subs it. The anime itself has potential but only if they get rid of the censorship (seriously censoring half the screen simply because it show a little skin or panties is just stupid). So far I do like the anime but not enough to watch the rest of the series with the annoying censorship. I recommend waiting for the uncensored version on Thursday so you don't have to deal with the mysterious ink blots that occur throughout the anime.

Well someone did pick it up to sub but you may want to wait on it. The only subbed version out right now is the annoying black inked censored version in which it censors the minutest form of oppai or pantsu. AT-X will have the uncensored version on Thursday and hopefully someone will pick it up after that for the uncensored version.

I do believe this anime has potential and since I am a fan of the visual novel and eroge anime genre I will probably like this given what I know so far. If I find someone who is upping the non-censored version I'll let you know.

Love the characters for this series and I agree that the animation is a bit odd but not in a bad way.

Moderators Note: Just remeber to use the edit button if you need to tack anything onto your posts.

Ok after the first episode I have to say I wholeheartedly approve of this series. I mean this series makes me feel like re-watching Fate/stay night for some reason esplecially because if Silvie at the end of this episode with her fencing style.
tongue.gif

Im really posititvly surprised.
I thought this will be a normal Harem anime, but the action was quite good and the plot could be good too, if its done right. And since there was fun in it too, I dont think this series will be dropped by me.
Oh and of course it has the second important things in animes: cute girls ^^

Censorship wasnt that bad, to be honest I wouldntve realized censorship if it wasnt mentioned here ^^

@Kid-Wolf: Yeah I thought too that she looks like Saber, even almost the same hairstyle.

lol, I thought it was pretty good. I got an extremely good laugh out of his grandfather's voice...is it the same VA as Charles from Code Geass? All I could think of when I heard him talk was a 1700's wig with with the curls, which then proceeded to "Charles nooooo!" in my mind from the Juggernaut clip. Had me laughing for a good few mins.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Jul 08 2009, 08:46 PM) Sylvia = Saber clone = mai waifu

This series makes me remind of Shuffle!, since it's a similar harem situation with girls trying to woe the guy....the girls are great in diversity and charms, and the protagonist isn't a wimp neither which is a plus.
lol I always tought of you as a Saberphile MKK-san.
laugh.gif
The only thing I'm going to worry about is how this seires will end since you brought up the Shuffle! thing. I mean the way tat series ended was kind of a letdown though. I just hope this will not be the case of this series.

Although one can only hope.
tongue.gif

For this type of anime I have to say that it was a pretty good episode. Big plus is the protagonist himself, not one of those sterotypical whimpy anime male lead with nothing special beside finding himeself somehow surrounded by girls. I like that thre is more to the plot than the relationships, it would be nice to see how the avenging his parents death thing turns out. The censorship was anoying but not enough to stop you from watching, although it was pretty ridiculous how they went through the trouble of censoring some measly pantyshot scenes.

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Jul 08 2009, 06:46 PM) This series makes me remind of Shuffle!, since it's a similar harem situation with girls trying to woe the guy....the girls are great in diversity and charms, and the protagonist isn't a wimp neither which is a plus.
oh i wish i could agree... at least then we'd have a somewhat interesting outcome... but there really is no guessing required to know who he will pick at the end
dry.gif
the only similarities i see is that its a harem
sad.gif

now on what oppai said about our protag: finally, right?
laugh.gif
i guess JP got tired of indecisive, cowardly male leads even though (*insert bashing* but i restraint myself) ; i think thats the highlight of this series, a guy who doesn't act like getting a boob in his face or talking to a girl will have him die of a heart attack

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Jul 08 2009, 11:10 PM) oh i wish i could agree... at least then we'd have a somewhat interesting outcome... but there really is no guessing required to know who he will pick at the end
dry.gif
the only similarities i see is that its a harem
sad.gif

now on what oppai said about our protag: finally, right?
laugh.gif
i guess JP got tired of indecisive, cowardly male leads even though (*insert bashing* but i restraint myself) ; i think thats the highlight of this series, a guy who doesn't act like getting a boob in his face or talking to a girl will have him die of a heart attack
I feel like the instance of a not-so-milquetoast male lead in harems though is becoming slightly more prevalent so that doesn't make this instance that special to me. It's certainly better than a wimpy lead, but I'm not gonna say "finally a good, strong male lead!" about this show. (ex. Asu no Yoichi)

Anyway........pretty characters. Big fan of Sylvia, though I gotta say the series seems destined for a Teppei x Charlotte ending. Not that I don't like Charlotte though. I like her teasing of Teppei cause it kinda countered the ojou-sama impression I had of her. At least Sylvia seems like she'll be the main competition, of course having a head start of being his fiancee doesn't hurt one bit.

Long Live the Guilty Pleasure of Summer '09.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jul 08 2009, 09:24 PM) <snip>
pft, yoichi was a failure of a man; except for his fighting skills; and even that was exaggerated to a point where i was uninterested in the action scenes
tongue.gif

and i agree that this will basically charlotte vs sylvia; even if the winner is already clear; getting there should be a blast (i'd like to point out that i'm fine with either one; one of the few harems where another girl besides the lead female is ridiculously hot)

P.S: first encounter/kiss > fiancee that you've never met
laugh.gif
tbh i'm hoping for a harem ending... it worked with "They're my noble masters" (or w/e it was called) so it should be good here as well... if not... then the obvious ending they chose to go with is fine by me

Well, the trend lately is to get rid of wimpy male lead, it seems... and I am all for it. Its only a matter of time before they bring in a Kira clone
tongue.gif

And downloading while we speak
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back