3 replies to this topic

#1 greginboots

greginboots

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

Hey all, thanks in advance for any help.

Running windows XP, CCCP.

Recently, playback of multiple files has started having a strange error. I have trouble describing it, and I have no technical way of explaining it. Basically, the files (while playing) will abruptly stop a smooth stream of the actual image. The audio continues synced with the subtitles, but the image itself becomes choppy.

The playback continues for a while until windows informs me that my playback software has an error and needs to close. I have tried running through media player 11, media player classic, VLC media player, and zoom player. All have the same error.

As this is universal between multiple players it leads me to believe the files themselves are either corrupted or there is some new format change?

The most recent example of this would be Mayoi Neko Overrun 07.

Other files, for example Kaichou wa Maid-sama 08, work fine.
See you space cowboy...

#2 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &c.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Have you tried uninstalling CCCP and reinstalling the most recent version? Or alternatively, resetting CCCP? That would seem to be a good place to start (all the media players you mentioned with the exception of VLC would use the codecs from CCCP, so if it's a codec problem it would be the same in all players).
Alternatively, are you perhaps playing files that are high resolution (whereas the ones that work are a lower resolution - 1080 vs 720 vs 480).
Are the files that don't work of one file type or using a certain codec as opposed to the ones that do work (.mkv vs .avi vs .mp4 or xvid vs h264 or whatever)?
Don't forget, the edit and search buttons are your friend!
user posted image

#3 greginboots

greginboots

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:32 PM

Reinstalled CCCP, turns out I was using an old one. Go figure, updated software works fine. Man I feel like a noob, checking for a software update should have been the first thing I did. Wasted like an hour pouring through old threads and the FAQ ><

Thanks oodles.
See you space cowboy...

#4 dchaosblade

dchaosblade

- Lord of Chaos

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list, but to get a start on it: quotes, reading, writing, anime, games, computers, &amp;c.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:00 PM

hehe, it happens to all of us, no worries~ Glad that did the trick; I'm gonna close down the thread now~
Don't forget, the edit and search buttons are your friend!
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users