• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 fayewong

fayewong

-kikei

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:The general thread is for stupid people.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

I just started making GIFs and they are really fun, the addition of the moving text seems nice on your signature although I think its moving a bit too fast.
user posted imageuser posted image
Click "NYA" if you wish to save my kitties! They need a new home!

#22 Clowd

Clowd

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Location:Saskatoon Saskachewan In my basment watching teh animes!!11one
  • Interests::|

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback, and to jump on the bandwagon i decided to animate mine as well,
user posted image
user posted image

#23 wwwwww

wwwwww

-chibi kami sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1613 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:01 AM

Hey DOR if u dont mind me asking what way did u use to colour the render or in other words how did u colour it? sorry if that sounded a bit rude unsure.gif .......

@clowd wow it looks like a flag now biggrin.gif .
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
hmmmm..........

#24 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Riding my 2006 GSX-R600, watching anime, working on sigs and of course hanging out in the art thread at Fansub.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:09 AM

You guys are very talented sig artists. Kudos everyone who participated so far. I just gotta know, how do you place a thumbnail so I can link it to my photobucket?
user posted image

#25 Clowd

Clowd

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:18 AM

For a thumbnail you would have to do something similar to this

CODE
[URL=www.insertlinktofullimagehere.com/1.jpg][IMG]www.insertthumnailimagehere.com/1_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

user posted image

#26 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Riding my 2006 GSX-R600, watching anime, working on sigs and of course hanging out in the art thread at Fansub.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:29 AM

@Clowd: You're awesome! Thanks for your help. I just wanted to add a screen shot of what my psd file looks like for my Sakura entry.

user posted image

user posted image

For whatever odd reason you can't see the screen shot, here's the direct link.
user posted image

#27 Clowd

Clowd

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:35 AM

@wingzero
Nice, looking at your PSD i learned two things.
1.I should name my layers.
2.you use ye olde CS1
Also i love the coloring you did, its awsome you just distorted the images and overlayed them for the colors on the bg?

@DoR.
When do we do the next tutorial and who decides it. Also should we have an alternative tut every week for GIMP users?
user posted image

#28 wittyfox

wittyfox

→√wittyfox=god Since god²=ME

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • Interests:drawing, most things artistic

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Clowd @ Oct 12 2006, 07:38 PM)

@DoR.
When do we do the next tutorial and who decides it. Also should we have an alternative tut every week for GIMP users?

I dont really know if thats necessary just yet. I think i am the only one who uses gimp.
I guess I did a pretty good job on getting close but not too many people commented on it.

@Clowd that would look alot better with a transparent back ground

edit:
501th post!!
user posted imagesuper cool animesite
God and founder of the witty squad.

"blog" updated daily
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user posted image

#29 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:53 AM

@Clowd: Thanks for the comments. I like to keep my psd's organized. Render coloring is kinda tricky. Once you experiment, you get the hang of what looks good. I really don't like the hue and saturation feature. I'll use that feature when I need to. My 6 layers referred to as "G blur" stands for gaussian blur. So what I did was free transformed copies of the current render (ctrl+T), stretch them out crazy or however you feel like that day lol, after that I busted an "overlay" then started moving the layers around. You'll be surprised in what you produce sometimes. This works well when you brush your bg's. Since I was going by the tut, it was a little bit harder because the bg was a filter and not brushing. There's other things that make this style I use to stand out but I will share that at a later time.
user posted image

#30 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Fansub TV Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:24 AM

Humm here what I come up with for my First time using Adobe Photoshop CS2
user posted image
Thx again to WINGZERO619 but now my brain is now burnt... laugh.gif

Come check out the Gif Thread

Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! Torrent Link Ecchi Pic 1-3 YEAH!!!

#31 fayewong

fayewong

-kikei

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 03:43 AM

It took me 10 mins to make this but I'm not sure what to say about it.
user posted image

I had a real hard time following the tutorial so I kinda went a bit off and did my own thing.

#32 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:15 PM

@Kansatsusha-sama: Not a problem. This is the best way to learn when someone teaches you and on top of that improves my skills and show examples of how to fix mistakes using tools like clone stamp. Kudos to your first sig on photoshop. I know ps is hard at first when you don't know where everything is or how to apply certain tools but practice makes more practice right lol... I love Primula. Even though she doesn't talk as much as the other characters, she's still awesome! +1 to your creation. After you practice more with ps and making sigs or other artwork, we can discuss how to fine tune your art using other tools.
user posted image

#33 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:14 PM

I have added all members to the member list who have joined so far.

Also the next tutorial will be started on monday. So the next person on the member list has to choose it, so that i will be wittyfox (don't forget to post it monday, or send me a PM with the link to the tutorial by PM so i can post it monday if you are absent for some reason) Just make it a photoshop tutorial and if you need anything special to make it yourself contact me. Unless everybody says they are done, we can post it today if wittyfox has find a nice one to make. But i think it will be better if we started one every monday.

Also the way i coloured my render is pretty easy. I already pm'ed it to another member.

QUOTE (PM)
I only used the brush tool and eraser tool. It's pretty simple create a new layer and brush a bit on the bit you want to have the color changed. Then set the overlay to hue (most times work the best) or another blending mode that make's it look good. But when making something black Hue is the best way to go. Create a new layer for each color you are gona change and color it. When you are done use the eraser tool and zoom in to 400% and remove all edge's that went out of there area's like hair color on the face etc... And you can join anytime just let me know before you join.

Also you can brush a color in the hue layer and if you want to know if another color looks beter press CTRL+U highlight color and move the bars. But if you make the layer red and set it to hue you will get another color, so you have keep that in mind. For the red hair i used a red/brownish color.

I have colored 3 renders so far and with each render i have set the blending to something different untill i got the result i wanted. So you need to toy a little with that. If i have the time i will post all three results in a tutorial in the tutorial section, but i don't know when i will do it so i will keep you informed.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
BestAvatarandSignature.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:
Proud Captain of the AALS - Anti Anti Lolis Squad.
Secret planner of the third AALS - ALS war. Contact me for further information tongue.png

#34 Soi

Soi

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computers, Japanese/Korean Languages, Networks, Running, Spicy Foods, Technology, Zen

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

I'm not sure how active I'll be able to be with the tutorials but I should be able to do something every now and again. Not the first time using Photoshop myself, but never went beyond what I needed, so these tutorials seem like a great idea. Hope to advance my creativity in PS with these. biggrin.gif

For the first tut, after fiddling around with multiple backgrounds, finally stopped and made a sig. This is for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni:

user posted image -- v1.1 -- Decide your preference. -- v1.2 -- user posted image
v1.3 will wait for tomorrow if possible. Still have an idea to add on, though wish had more space, I always need more space tongue.gif

Used background from my last creation: user posted image mirrored and gave a red overlay tint.

Works in progress from tut creation and beyond...yet before the sig specifics.
http://img133.images...est2copytr6.jpg
http://img92.imagesh...est3copyou9.jpg
http://img133.images...est5copyrj1.jpg
http://img148.images...est7copylj4.jpg
http://img92.imagesh...est3copygl0.jpg

Feel free to use any if you spot an area you like.

~Soi - the Eastern Treasure
user posted image
http://myanimelist.n...ofile/Jinsei501

#35 WINGZERO619

WINGZERO619

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:49 AM

@Soi: Personally I would stick with the first one. Your background looks like it has too much contrast which makes it look burned. Another thing is your render. Looks like you haven't really made any image adustments such as brightness/contrast. Since you really didn't opaque your render, maybe you should bring it on top of all your brushing/filter layers then use image adjusting to match the render to your background's rich color. Your choice of text for "Rena" goes well but I would make it a bit more red unless it's the original title/name from what ever series it came from. As for the characters beneath "Rena", it's blending a bit too much with your bg since the text is black. You might want to give it a reddish/orangish stroke or something to that effect to make it stand out more. To top it all off, how about a nice border. Choose colors to compliment your sig.

The reason I don't like your 2nd version is because of the two opaque red bars you put across her forehead and neck. It would look a lot better if you put your render on top of those layers. Then i will look a lot better. Notice that the red on your text "Rena" looks a lot better than v1.
user posted image

#36 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:08 PM

This idea is working better then i thought.

Members so far:

Dragon-of-Rune
Wittyfox
Clowd
WWWWWW
Wingzero619
BAakaTheOne
Kansatsusha-sama
Fayewong
Soi

We already have 9 members in the test fase. So i guess this is a succes. And we will be having 1 tutorial each week. Don't forget to post a tutorial when it's your turn. So next monday it's wittyfox, the monday after that Clowd etc... If for some reason you can't post a tutorial on monday PM me it on the weekend then i will post it on monday. Also if for somer reason you can't participate in a week let me know aswell. Then the next person in line get's to choose the tutorial.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:
Secret planner of the third AALS - ALS war. Contact me for further information tongue.png

#37 fayewong

fayewong

-kikei

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:14 PM

We don't have to put a tutorial once we come up right? cuz I just want to participate and not search for a tutorial.

#38 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 04:25 PM

It is the general idea that when you come up you post a tutorial. To make it easy on you just pick another tutorial on the site's previous people has posted tutorials from. Like mine is from dutchdesignz and they plenty more tutorials to pick from.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:

#39 Dragon-of-Rune

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4643 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:32 PM

Second Tutorial: http://www.dutchdesi...hread.php?t=161

Wittyfox didn't had much time so he pm'ed me and asked if i would post the tutorial if he didn't make it in time.

Note:

- Grunge brushes can be downloaded from the link below the tutorial.
- You can use a anime render, but i think the result will look beter with a mecha render (anime or game based)
- Gimp users try to give it your own touch, or i can make some grunge layers and upload the psd file for you.

Amasignature2.jpg
crew.jpg
MostSeriousMember.jpg
Userbars:
chaoslegion.jpg
asa.jpg
FFFUserbar.jpg

Secret Info:

#40 wittyfox

wittyfox

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1255 posts
  • Interests:drawing, most things artistic

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

thanks DoR wink.gif
by the way I dont know if gimp users can upload psd files, I am pretty sure they cant though. but its ok, I rather just add my own touches anyway.

also wouldnt it be better if you made a new thread for each tut? so people who want to join wont have to look through the whole thread in order to find the link. It would also make it more like a real class room, because each thread would have a certain skill you would learn in the tut.
user posted imagesuper cool animesite
God and founder of the witty squad.

"blog" updated daily
user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users