Is this the end of fansubs!?

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MKK2004

-ecchi
Retired
as usual, I go to my fav. torrents site Tokyotosho for some new animes. No problem, just downloaded Blood+ 23. Then about 10 minutes ago, when I visited the site, I got a warning of how the site is down by the U.S. agencies and my I.P. is now logged. Is this only applied to Canadian users or everyone? ZOMG this is bad, this is like the beginning of the end of fansubs! GOD DAMN IT, remember kids, VOTE DEMOCRATS NEXT TIME!

well after i saw this thread i went to investigate and here is what i got

omgzorz2uq.jpg

note i do not live in the united states its actually the united kingdom <3 guardster

ftv is fine due to the fact that there are no usa copyrighted materials on here. So this site, is safe. BTW, u might wanna try using small ddl sites due to the fact that bittorrent is being targeted BY the usg. There was an article in TIME mag. a while ago about it. The USG's big beef is really about music and movies being distributed by the BT method. As I said, FTV is safe. Unless the japanese government comes after us, OH NO!
ph34r.gif

this sucks big time.

This is really scaring me. I live in Canada and i got the site too. I'm scared now and getting paranoid.
I really hope it's just april fools

QUOTE (rs0ne @ Mar 31 2006, 08:17 PM) April Fools ?
rolleyes.gif

i think so too...
wink.gif
besides its march 31st...and most likely apr 1 for the admins at tokyostosho..

first i think its only a prank...
wink.gif
second Fansub TV won't close because it is all unlicensed anime...
wink.gif
third... thanks to Daft27 for making such a site that won't get a statement like that... ever...
biggrin.gif

I think i just heard a collective change of shorts after this one. thats y you should just ddl or move the files after dling with bt just to be sure. AND thank god fansub is safe anyways.

yeah, cause i got a lot of impotant info from here....
biggrin.gif

btw just want to tell you all there is some manga site is closed for real
here's the proof:
blokir4hy.jpg

what do you think?

QUOTE (Sirusboon @ Mar 31 2006, 09:46 PM) Manga Download has something similar nearly shat my self till I read "resistance is bakaish"
I didn't want to Quote my self thanks alot Shin
---
Two other things, 1) going to the main site takes you to the index.php I doubt if the site was shut down that would still be there instead of just a notice, 2) Leaving the banner up isn't too convicing.

lol yeah I was about to go crazy when that page popped up for Tokyo until I accidently clicked the middle area and the words Tokyo Tosho April Fools you idiot. For me April 1st just struck 19 minutes ago so it kind of pissed me off when I learned it was a joke, even if we're not all in the same time zone hehe
laugh.gif

QUOTE (MKK2004 @ Mar 31 2006, 08:40 PM)

I guess MKK just scared alot of guests...
mhen don't scare...
tongue.gif
anyway it only comes oncea year...
rolleyes.gif
good one MKK... really kinda spooky...
laugh.gif
but anyway... is there some chance that may be true?
unsure.gif
blink.gif

That was by far the best April Fools Joke you can do on an Otaku I was going crazy like what the hell im going to do but Im not going to Hong Kong Subs Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Im glad its not true thank god good one MKK!!!!

Good One.

I've seen this happen before at several other sites, so I instantly knew it to be an April Fool's Joke. Many sites are partaking in this little internet ritual, so don't worry one bit.
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back