JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Who is your favorite character from the first 4 parts?

• Jonathan Joestar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dio Brando / DIO

• William Antonio Zeppeli

• Robert E. O. Speedwagon

• Joseph Joestar

• Caesar Antonio Zeppeli

• Rudolf von Stroheim

• Lisa Lisa / Elizabeth Joestar

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Jōtarō Kūjō

• Noriaki Kakyoin

• Jean Pierre Polnareff

• Mohammed Avdol

• Iggy (I guess dogs count)

• Josuke Higashikata

• Rohan Kishibe

• None of them / another one from JoJo's Part 1 to 4

• Total voters

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Part 1: Phantom Blood)
Japanese: ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 (Part1 ファントムブラッド)
Theatrical release date (Part 1): 17/2/2007 (anime movie, 3rd animated project)
Airing date (Part 1): 5/10/2012 (TV series 26 episodes, 4th animated project)
Genres: Action, Adventure, Horror, Drama, Fantasy, Supernatural, Suspense
Original creator: Hirohiko Araki
Directors: Naokatsu Tsuda, Kenichi Suzuki (TV) and Junichi Hayama (movie)
Written by: Yasuko Kobayashi (TV) and Mitsuhiro Yamada (movie)
Music by: Hayato Matsuo (TV Part 1) and Marco D'Ambrosio (movie)
Character designers and animation directors: Takako Shimizu (TV) and Junichi Hayama (movie)
Art directors: Shunichiro Yoshihara (TV) and Satoru Kuwabara (movie)
Director of photography: Kazuhiro Yamada (TV) and Hideo Okazaki (movie)
Sound director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (TV) and Yasunori Honda (movie)
Color design by: Eriko Murata (TV) and Mieko Seki (movie)
Sound design by: Tom Myers (movie)
Animation producer: Kōji Kajita (TV)
Art setting: Kaoru Aoki and Yasufumi Soejima (TV)
Editing by: Kiyoshi Hirose (TV)
Produced by: Hiroyuki Oomori, Jun Fukuda, Ryosuke Mori and Toshiyasu Hayashi (TV)
Studios: David Production (TV) and Studio A.P.P.P. (movie)
Network: Tokyo MX, MBS, RKB, TBC, CBC, BS11
Theme song (movie): "Voodoo Kingdom" by SOUL'd OUT
Ending theme (S1): "Roundabout" by Yes (1972 single)
OP: "JoJo~Sono Chi no Sadame~ (ジョジョ~その血の運命~ JoJo~That Blood's Destiny~)" by Tommy Hiroaki Tomonaga

Main cast (Part 1): Jonathan Joestar (ジョナサンジョースター) voiced by Kazuyuki Okitsu (TV) and Katsuyuki Konishi (movie)
Dio Brando (ディオブランドー) voiced by Takehito Koyasu (TV) and Hikaru Midorikawa (movie)

Erina Pendleton (エリナ·ペンドルトン) voiced by Ayako Kawasumi (TV) and Nana Mizuki (movie)
William Antonio Zeppeli (ウィル・A・ツェペリ) voiced by Yoku Shioya (TV) and Rikiya Koyama (movie)
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (ロバート·E·O·スピードワゴン) voiced by Yōji Ueda (TV)

Supporting cast: Jorge Joestar I (ジョージ・ジョースターI世) voiced by Masashi Sugawara (TV) and Tsutomu Isobe (movie)
Dario Brando (ダリオ・ブランドー) voiced by Tadashi Miyazawa (TV) and Kazuhiro Ozawa (movie)
Tonpetti (トンペティ) voiced by Tamio Ōki (TV) and Yoshisada Sakaguchi (movie)
Wang Chung (ワンチェン) voiced by Hiroshi Naka (TV) and Jun Itoda (movie)
Bruford (ブラフォード) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda (TV) and Tōru Nara (movie)
Tarkus (タルカス) voiced by Tetsu Inada (TV) and Yoshinori Sonobe (movie)
Imagine-Nation review: http://www.youtube.com/embed/lz1WqJFA250?rel=0&autoplay=1
Torrent http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=369359
Movie teaser: http://www.youtube.com/embed/YC54t2VSE4I?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie PV: http://www.youtube.com/embed/tB66laScBPU?rel=0&autoplay=1
Movie clip (16 mins): http://www.youtube.com/embed/QOUDdJRvn2Q?rel=0&autoplay=1

Synopsis: This is the story of the Joestar family, and their battles against bizarre enemies. Jonathan Joestar’s battle against the vampire Dio Brando starts it all, and it continues into roughly each second generation of Joestars through all parts of the story.

Necropinion: besides bakuman s3 I was looking forward this fall the most to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 25th anniversary new series, adapted of its 1st arc Phantom blood from Hirohiko Araki's manga which movie was at japanese theaters back in 2007 but isn't released in DVD/BR yet -.- ...this is the prequel to the 2 OVA series (1993-1994 and 2000-2002 respectively) based of arc 3 Stardust crusaders, after watching the first episode with high expectation I give this promising wacky adaptation preliminarily 8/10
biggrin.gif

To be honest the first time I saw the previewpicture I thought this show would be about two gay clowns, well except for the gay-part I wasnt so much off.

Overall there was not much I liked in this first ep.
- Animation was weird and didnt fit, especially the soundicons.
- It was totally rushed, it feels like they just ran through 5 volumes in one ep. On top of it everything was completely predictable.
- Characters are laughable and made no sense.
- Violence against animals, which I totally despise.

Only the second new show I started this season (Shinsekai Yori beeing the first) and the second dropcandidate appeared already. I hope thats not a bad sign for this season.

Oh and btw, how could they be that tall, intelligent and unchildlike when they were still twelve?

Pretty much this series so far seems to be about Jojo clashing with Dio here. Pretty much it's spoiled rich kid that doesn't try to act like one, and Dio the total douchebag. But that's the reason why Dio is so awesome at times. I mean he's known to be that type of guy anyways since he went though a tough life with a disrespectful father. Not only that but even getting by with doing whatever he can before he even was sent to Jojo's home.

Still I have to say I'm looking forward to this for various of reasons here, and one of them of course is Dio's certain move that everyone knows about if they even heard of this series.
tongue.gif

K_O seems to be missing out on the JoJo magic
tongue.gif

I do have to agree somewhat that the first ep was a bit too in-your-face too early on. That stylization was great stuff though
biggrin.gif

I thought this was pretty awesome in a completely ridiculous way. I've never seen any of Jojo before, so I have no idea what to expect. Coming in this way, I was totally surprised by the style of the show. Their extreme emotional reactions to things was hilarious!QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 06 2012, 11:33 AM)Oh and btw, how could they be that tall, intelligent and unchildlike when they were still twelve?
I was utterly flabbergasted that they were both TWELVE! Twelve yearolds on steroids, thats for sure
tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 06 2012, 11:46 AM) But that's the reason why Dio is so awesome at times. I mean he's known to be that type of guy anyways since he went though a tough life with a disrespectful father. Not only that but even getting by with doing whatever he can before he even was sent to Jojo's home.
I don't think I can ever like Dio, even if he turns out to be an awesome villain because of what he did to Danny
sad.gif

This show is....somehow....quite amazing. I laughed harder at this than any of the comedy shows this season. Even the names are cheesy and bring up thoughts of macho men moveies of a decade long past. Its like youre watching a super lame stephen segal or sylvester stallone movie and are enjoying every minute of it.

I spent a good portion of the show trying to figure out why it was so familiar, thinking back to some show with an equally rediculous name, bobo bobobo something something, then it hit me: touhou uses analogues of the jojo characters and it shows up in fan references. Seeing as i have no clue whats going to happen in this series, it actually spoiled some of it for me as now i know some of the characters not-yet-revealed abilities
tongue.gif

Well enough of that, seriously, the show is entertaining and different, a nice and refreshing change. There's being different for difference sake and then theres difference that works, this show falling in the latter. Which is ironic, considering its not really different but harken back to the days of some cheeseball series, a series out of time and place. That, combined with what seems to be unintended satire, makes this amazing. Score one for the watchlist!

QUOTE (wedora @ Oct 11 2012, 12:32 PM) I spent a good portion of the show trying to figure out why it was so familiar, thinking back to some show with an equally rediculous name, bobo bobobo something something, then it hit me: touhou uses analogues of the jojo characters and it shows up in fan references. Seeing as i have no clue whats going to happen in this series, it actually spoiled some of it for me as now i know some of the characters not-yet-revealed abilities
tongue.gif

Oh hey, that's right, I think I've seen some of those too.

Though it's seriously hard for me to believe that there's someone with an Internet who's completely unfamiliar with the series. I mean, certain quotes from the first OVA and/or the fighting game are almost as (in)famous as DBZ's "over 9000!!!!"
laugh.gif
Though from what I hear that stuff won't show up in this show for a while if at all, because it's starting from the very beginning, while all that crazy stuff is from the 4th or 5th generation.

QUOTE (wedora @ Oct 11 2012, 12:32 PM)This show is....somehow....quite amazing. I laughed harder at this than any of the comedy shows this season. Even the names are cheesy and bring up thoughts of macho men moveies of a decade long past. Its like youre watching a super lame stephen segal or sylvester stallone movie and are enjoying every minute of it.actually the mangaka mixed many famous artist names for his characters and Stands (ghostly ripple) by example Dio Brando from Ronnie James Dio and Marlon Brando xD or Vanilla Ice, after you watch ep.2 you'll notice there are also references from late XIX century London legends like Jack the Ripper or JoJo's outfit similar to Sherlock Holmes... looking for clues to cure his father and prove the guilt of Dio who just discovered how the mysterious aztec mask from a vampiric cult works, Bram Stoker's Dracula story took place in England too ¬¬ hopefully Erina appears again (this series really needs a female lead at least) but I wonder if she's prettier after 7 years?

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 11 2012, 12:49 PM)Though from what I hear that stuff won't show up in this show for a while if at all, because it's starting from the very beginning, while all that crazy stuff is from the 4th or 5th generation.
definitively this is one of most epic shounen series of the year including OP and ED from the best themes this fall (70's band YES FTW), I classify that unique style with onomatopoeias as "serious humor" explained in Bakuman or as you posted "Jojo's magic" ah and don't worry Ossi... Araki's gay clown designs will be more common later ^^ anyway it'll be a pity to not hear in this chapter any Ora Ora ORA! or THA WARLDO!! Wolfie expected, hopefully it keeps going until their Stands appear after its second arc and then from the 4th up to the finale because the 3rd was already adapted in all the OVAs

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 10 2012, 12:46 PM)QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 06 2012, 11:33 AM)Oh and btw, how could they be that tall, intelligent and unchildlike when they were still twelve?I was utterly flabbergasted that they were both TWELVE! Twelve yearolds on steroids, thats for sure
that was a 80's trend seen back in Hokuto no Ken or Saint Seiya's main characters age between 13 and 15 but not only the boys looked incredibly muscular or manly, even girls were full-grown as well o_O probably we're just too used to the reversed design in most current animes where some adults look so young or have loli faces:

80's Saint Seiya (13) vs Cassios (15) vs Shiryu (14) and Saori Kido/Athena (13) ->

90's NGE girls (14) 2000's HnG Maria (17) 2010's MR Oikawa and Sawaki (18+)
laugh.gif

So we now have Speedwagon showing up with this episode here, and not only that but it seems that Dio now knows that the stone mask not only activates when blood is spilt upon it, but it also causes the wearer of the very mask to become a vampire.

So it'll look like Dio will become a vampire within the next few episodes it would seem. not only that but it seems that Jojo turned out to be a total badass as of now here.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 12 2012, 11:19 PM) that was a 80's trend seen back in Hokuto no Ken or Saint Seiya's main characters age between 13 and 15 but not only the boys looked incredibly muscular or manly, even girls were full-grown as well o_O probably we're just too used to the reversed design in most current animes where some adults look so young or have loli faces:

80's Saint Seiya (13) vs Cassios (15) vs Shiryu (14) and Saori Kido/Athena (13) ->

90's NGE girls (14) 2000's HnG Maria (17) 2010's MR Oikawa and Sawaki (18+)
laugh.gif

I haven't seen episode 2 yet, but I just wanted to say thanks for the insight Necro!
Interesting to see the change in animation style over the years juxtaposed that way. Funny how the 18+ year olds look the youngest
tongue.gif
and that's from Moyashimon, a show I would not expect that from, but still!

I was thinking that the "Brando" in Dio Brando was inspired by Marlon Brando. I wonder how the author came up with the name Jojo anyway? Whenever I hear his name I think of the Beatles song "Get Back"

QUOTE Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it wouldn't last.
Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona
For some California grass.

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 12 2012, 11:19 PM) definitively this is one of most epic shounen series of the year including OP and ED from the best themes this fall (70's band YES FTW), I classify that unique style with onomatopoeias as "serious humor" explained in Bakuman or as you posted "Jojo's magic" ah and don't worry Ossi... Araki's gay clown designs will be more common later ^^ anyway it'll be a pity to not hear in this chapter any Ora Ora ORA! or THA WARLDO!! Wolfie expected, hopefully it keeps going until their Stands appear after its second arc and then from the 4th up to the finale because the 3rd was already adapted in all the OVAs
If they do end up going all the way (which I somewhat doubt for now), it'd be silly of them to skip an arc just because it has been done before, a remake couldn't hurt. Besides, of the two OVAs, only the old one was really any good, the other one could really use some stylistic touch this series has.

As if this didn't jump out at anyone after Speedwagon showed up then by all means this seires is all about either band names or people back in the day where rock was a pretty interesting type of music gendre. Pointing out the obvious Dio Brando = Dio (Lead singer for Dio), Robert E.O. Speedwagon = R.E.O Speedwagon, as for Jojo I want to say that he's baised of a of song from someone, but I'm not to sure though.

QUOTE (julezia @ Oct 13 2012, 06:29 PM)I haven't seen episode 2 yet, but I just wanted to say thanks for the insight Necro!
Interesting to see the change in animation style over the years juxtaposed that way. Funny how the 18+ year olds look the youngest and that's from Moyashimon, a show I would not expect that from, but still!

I was thinking that the "Brando" in Dio Brando was inspired by Marlon Brando. I wonder how the author came up with the name Jojo anyway? Whenever I hear his name I think of the Beatles song "Get Back"you're welcome J-chan ^^ I think you're right about the Joestar generational nickname inspired from that song and probably is the same one Wolfie tried to remember, just like he posted where Speedwagon's name came from i guess the character that appears in ep.3 preview has to do with the band Led Zeppelin... ah as a fun fact back then the Beatles were refering to Joseph See (Linda McCartney's first husband) because both were from Tucson, Arizona where they lived with Heather until he left them to go to africa and Get Back was written around the time Paul adopted her so I bet he wanted Jojo to stay out of the picture
wink.gif

Damn, that was epic. I do hate how censorship kills the atmosphere, will have to rewatch whenever they release an uncensored version...

So with episode 3 we finally get Dio truning into a vampire, and also we got one of his well known chatch phrases as well here, but it still needs more Wwwrrrrrryyyyy!!!11!
laugh.gif

Anyways i have to say that Jojo showed how much of a badass he can be when it comes down to it. Also, it looks like next episode he now has to deal with a lot of shennanigans it would seem from here on out.

This show reminds me of Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen in that, though the story starts from the beginning, the show is really made for people who are already fans of the franchise. I grew up watching Mazinger (Tranzor Z) so I thought that show was fun, but not having any previous exposure to Jojo, this show does nothing for me.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 13 2012, 06:45 PM)If they do end up going all the way (which I somewhat doubt for now), it'd be silly of them to skip an arc just because it has been done before, a remake couldn't hurt. Besides, of the two OVAs, only the old one was really any good, the other one could really use some stylistic touch this series hasit's just a hunch of mine because they made a movie about this arc before and there isn't any official number of episodes confirmed yet, also you can notice cameos of all 8 generations in the opening and teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIE7jytHaq8 & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24BukQYxZuw ...would be awesome even if they decide to remake all the OVAs abridged but that'll depend of its popularity (which can be seen already in fanvids), now that Zeppeli teaches JoJo to master ripple energy in ep.4 I feel like drinking a glass of wine (but careful to not cut myself) xD more epic and wacky stuff to come

Dangerous Joestar (bgm? dunno) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLTVzxMgqpM
Dr. Dio (parody with Dr. Mario's music) http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm19156436
Dio's URYYYY and other memes in ep.3 http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm19158920
Ika Musume no Kimyou na Bouken http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm12840122
laugh.gif

Just like I thought Erina became a real hottie over the years. At least one good thing from the animation (the worst beeing Jojos clothes -.-).

I dont know why but somehoe I dont want to drop this even though the show is one of the worst this season. If I would rate it now it would probably be a 2/10. All the wannabe GARness, lousy animation, strange sounds, unlikeable characters and overall complete stupidity of the show really annoys me but I cant turn it of somehow -.- Its probably like a bad accident you just cant look away because you dont see something so horrible that often and you want to witness it and see how worse it will get.

Well now Jojo is finally learning how to be manly even while fighting and holding a glass of wine. I now know where the "Not a single drop split," orignally came from aside from Yuugi from Touhou now.
tongue.gif

In any case I have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to deal with Dio by the next episode here.
tongue.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back