Kara no Kyokai - The Garden of Sinners

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

jul10

-mokyu
Retired

Title: Kara no Kyokai - the Garden of Sinners
Official Website: Kara no Kyokai
Premier: 2007
Type: Movie

QUOTE (ANN)Ufotable will produce an anime film based on the Kara no Kyokai franchise that began as a web novel in 1998 and continued as a doujinshi, drama CD, and light novel. No release timetable has been announced. Source: Animaxis

Too bad that this is not a series....
dry.gif
Well, other than Clannad, Inukami, and Shakugan no shana movie,this movie is also in my list.
ph34r.gif
For those who know much about Tsukihime and FSN, must be familiar with this...
smile.gif

th_77782_1_122_146lo.jpg
th_77784_2_122_45lo.jpg

From what I have heard, originally, Kara no Kyokai is a book that is written before Tsukihime. If i'm not mistaken this also take places in tsukihime world.

lol,this is what I've ben waiting for the most.
laugh.gif
Glad jul10-sama has make a thread for it.
laugh.gif

Note:Ryogi Shiki is mine okay?
biggrin.gif
I've known her and claim her for quite a long time ago...
laugh.gif

(I edit this since J-san seem like he didn't notice the mportant announcement..)
Ryogi Shiki's power is the same of Tohno Shiki from Tsukihime...but some of the fans say Ryogi's power might as well be stronger,as she can manifested 3 different personalities in herself for mastering more skill,and not only she can kill living things,she can even kill concept.
blink.gif
(scary....I think in the story she even 'kill' disease..
blink.gif
).
And yeah,like jul10-sama said,this story also took place in the world the same of Tsukihime AND Fate/Stay Night
biggrin.gif
.The world called Nasuverse...
rolleyes.gif

Aozaki Tohko(Aozaki Aoko's sister) play a major role in the story,and also works as a bridge to link Rakkyo with Tsukihime
biggrin.gif

Rakkyo-=Kara no Kyoukai

Ryogi Shiki is a tsundere type of girl....
ph34r.gif

Hmm the chick in the pic has the Tsukihime style knife too. So is she going to be seeing lines and then ripping thru flesh also. If that is the case then I'm in. Maybe she will be the new but popular anti-hero, has that kinda title *The Garden of Sinners* that makes me think that could be the case.

QUOTE (jul10 @ Mar 02 2007, 11:33 PM)

Title: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners
Official Website: Kara no Kyokai
Premier: 2007
Type:
Movie

QUOTE (ANN)Ufotable will produce an anime film based on the Kara no Kyokai franchise that began as a web novel in 1998 and continued as a doujinshi, drama CD, and light novel. No release timetable has been announced. Source: Animaxis

Too bad that this is not a series....
dry.gif
Well, other than Clannad, Inukami, and Shakugan no shana movie,this movie is also in my list.
ph34r.gif
For those who know much about Tsukihime and FSN, must be familiar with this...
smile.gif

th_77782_1_122_146lo.jpg
th_77784_2_122_45lo.jpg

From what I have heard, originally, Kara no Kyokai is a book that is written before Tsukihime. If i'm not mistaken this also take places in tsukihime world.

One of the three new threads that I was gonna make tomorrow. Yes its another TYPE Moon's masterpieces.

I was a bit surprised that ufotable was gonna do it.....usually ufotable does a cutesy anime like 2x2=Shinobuden and Manabi Straight!

Shiki Ryougi (main heroine) possess the same kind of eyes as Shiki in Tsukihime and the world the two anime/games are the same.

I claim Shiki-chan of Kara no Kyoukai as mine (I claimed her first!
mad.gif
)
laugh.gif

ByeBye

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 02 2007, 05:40 PM) Hmm the chick in the pic has the Tsukihime style knife too. So is she going to be seeing lines and then ripping thru flesh also. If that is the case then I'm in. Maybe she will be the new but popular anti-hero, has that kinda title *The Garden of Sinners* that makes me think that could be the case.
Actually as far as I know senpai-kun,she's even more popular than Tohno Shiki among Type-Moon's fan.
biggrin.gif
And Tohno Shiki supposedly didn't see only lines....but also 'points'...which when pierced,would kill a things' existence..)
ph34r.gif
And Nasu-sama once said
"for a novel to be as much enjoyable as a novel-graphc game,it must be 3 times more interesting"
Which means......?
tongue.gif

Note:Ryogi Shiki-chan....despite being a kinda scary girl.......likes STRAWBERRY PARFAIT/ICE CREAM very very much.......
ph34r.gif
(kinda the same with Ciel's obsession over curry...
ph34r.gif
)...fans always make fun of this strange thing about her...
tongue.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Mar 02 2007, 11:55 PM) Actually as far as I know senpai-kun,she's even more popular than Tohno Shiki among Type-Moon's fan.
biggrin.gif
And [bTohno Shiki[/b] supposedly didn't see only lines....but also 'points'...which when pirced,would kill a things' existence..)
ph34r.gif
And Nasu-sama once said
"for a novel to be as much enjoyable as a novel-graphc game,it must be 3 times more interesting"
Which means......?
tongue.gif

Note:Ryogi Shiki-chan....despite being a kinda scary girl.......is very very likes STRAWBERRY PARFAIT/ICE CREAM.......
ph34r.gif
...(fans aways make fun of this strange thing about her...
tongue.gif
)
Before I began posting on this thread neither D-san OR Senpai had made a post yet when I visited...............hmmmmmmmm..........so thats why I was unaware that u guys had posted.

As I'll say again Shiki-chan is mine and if u want u can battle me for her...................bwhahahahaha
tongue.gif

CYA

JCD who are you talking about now anyways they are all starting to run together...you can have her
tongue.gif
and it's on to the next thread
rolleyes.gif

Oh and d'observer so she see's points good geez why so she kill with finer precision
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Mar 02 2007, 06:07 PM) JCD who are you talking about now anyways they are all starting to run together...you can have her
tongue.gif
and it's on to the next thread
rolleyes.gif

Oh and d'observer so she see's points good geez why so she kill with finer precision
biggrin.gif

nope senpai-kun.
sleep.gif
.Don't tell JCD-san that.Because I've claimed the girl first.J-san should have enough girls in his harem by now...
sleep.gif

I don't really sure whether Ryogi Shiki-chan could see points as well,(still didn't read the novel...
tongue.gif
pretty busy playing Tsukihime right now..
biggrin.gif
)..but giving to the facts that she can kill concept,it may as well mean her power is much the same.
wink.gif
or even better!
ohmy.gif

If I'm not mistaken,she too have experienced near-death experience,and was in comatose for 3 years.and soon wakes up with the power.
biggrin.gif
Ryogi clan is one of the demon hunters family(like Nanaya clan in Tsukihime),and Ryogi clan's specialty is that they can create multiple personality within themselves for mastering more skils,and switch to a better personality,fitting to their enemies' ability during battle.
ohmy.gif
And her lineage might as well explained why she could obtain such a crazy power.

But,like I said,maybe her eyes is not the same of that Tohno Shiki is having,since Shiki/ROA,even though have experienced death as well,and got Mystic Eye for it too,his power is actually different,as he sees more like 'life' than death(which makes his eyes inferior comparing to Shiki)

And I'm now quite sure that I'll be always hooked by the girls that Takeuchi-sama's designed...
ph34r.gif
all of them are really cute...
tongue.gif
...yet have their distinctive feature with unique appearances..
biggrin.gif

I see woah d'observer you are way into this. The whole waking up after 3 yrs. with powers sounds pretty intriguing...thought the whole mystic eyes seeing life not death well I'm a little over my head with that. Though i can understand a bit what you mean. I now see what you do with your time when you aren't trying to rid your computer of viruses
tongue.gif
wink.gif
plus you can't get that kinda knowledge w/out staying up late some nights and for that a *Hoot Hoot* is in order
biggrin.gif

side-note: my head is dizzy from emoticons
rolleyes.gif
now i understand you masterplan.

haha,damn right senpai-kun.
biggrin.gif
I am so into this thing.
biggrin.gif
The storyline is too unique that even though I've only read the synopsis for a bit,I'm already hooked with the series.
tongue.gif
I hope I can find myself some free time to read the novel.And of course,I hope the movie would be just as good.
rolleyes.gif

--there's a possibility it might turn to an anime series later,just like XXXHolic...
rolleyes.gif

Extra info:Unlike Tohno Shiki,Ryogi Shiki-chan can turn her Mystic Eyes on and off as she wishes.
tongue.gif
Well,she can't afford to constantly seeing a world where things are so fragile and could break apart any moment....

Time to pushed this thread back to the 1st page...and to have peoples in FTV to be interested in this GREAT story...
ph34r.gif
(well,I hope the anime evrs. would be as good as the original novel...)
Taken from Evospace-sama's site without his knowing...
tongue.gif
Some spoilers are included...but I think it's not much a big deal...
wink.gif

Some of the characters' profile....it's REALLY REALLY interesting...
ph34r.gif

---Ryogi Shiki
A girl from the Ryogi family. The Ryogis were trying to create a human being that surpasses all human beings. Not only did they train their children with different types of martial arts and fencing, they made the children divide their personality. This way, one personality can be an expert in one subject while the other personalities can be experts of other subjects. For that reason, Shiki had two personalities,Shiki and Shiki(2). Shiki is the feminine constructive side while Shiki(2) was the masculine destructive side. When the two personalities switched she even speaks in a different way. The feminine Shiki was consciously in charge of the two personality. In the accident on February 1996, she believed Shiki(2)'s personality died, and she forced herself to act like him to fill his emptiness. She spoke rough like a man even though she was the feminine Shiki. But Tohko said that as long as she was a Ryogi, their personality don't mix together. Because she has a cold look and an uninterested attitude, people tend to avoid her, but she does speak with her own thoughts and shows emotions. She has a rough haircut that she cut herself. She always wore a kimono, and when she went out at night, a leather jacket over it. Because she missed school during the two years she was unconscious, Mikiya is making her go finish her high school. She believed she was a killer but in fact she never killed anyone through out the story. (Not counting the monster Araya Souren and the bastard Shirazumi Lio)

She got the power of seeing the death of things when she awoke from her coma. She said she saw herself lying in an empty dark space during the time she was in the coma. That was probably the root of all things. In the epilogue, a third personality of her is revealed. This is the true personality of Ryogi Shiki that is directly connected to the root of things, or she is the root itself. The other Shiki is unaware that this Shiki(3) exists. This is the personality that kicked the butt of Araya Souren. The other Shiki was already fast as the speed of sound, but she was like she can be at the right place before it happens. However, she was like an hollow personality that had too much power and knew too much. She wishes Mikiya and Shiki can be happy together and disappeared within herself. Her origin was "nothingness" Shiki supposedly doesn't like the cold, but this is like an icon thing suggesting the existence of the third personality.. It was snowing where Shiki(3) met Mikiya for the first time and the last time. When Mikiya bought her ice cream one day, she bought it later on without thinking.

—(Ryogi) means double sided, and a state where the two extremes, Yin and Yang, are clearly separated. (Shiki) means a system, an equation, a formula, etc.(Shiki(2))means intelligence, understanding, knowledge, etc..

---Kokuto Mikiya
A friend of Shiki since high school. An ordinary boy with glasses, usually wearing all black. He was astonished when he saw one of Tohko's doll in some exhibition, and after finding out where she worked, he quit his renowned college and got hired to work for her. He has skills useful to live in the real world more than any other characters. He's also a friendly person who can be friends with anyone. For one thing, all the female characters in the story likes him in one way or another. But his real important person is Shiki. He always went to see Shiki during the 2 years she was in coma. Shiki likes to call his name with a elongated "o" sound with no "u" at the end. You can tell that she really enjoyed being with him, because from a third person, she was always smiling when she was with him.

He is kind of like Shiki in Tsukihime, but more mature.

----Aozaki Tohko
Tohko used to be a skilled sorcereress at the London Mage's Association but she got tired of the sorcerer's life and left to run a normal business. She can use Rune sorcery, but her main power is to create a puppet. It can be used to replace a lost body part of someone, or even a whole body that acts as a container of a soul. But that's something other sorcerers can do as well. The reason she is called the "puppet master" is because she can create a body that is identical to the original. A puppet made out of sorcery can look similar to a human body, but there are always flaws. Her puppets are created without any flaw. She created a human body that exactly look like herself. When she dies, the puppet automatically switches on and becomes her new body. She already forgot which body was her original, but it didn't matter because she can feel that she's alive. Even with this amazing power, this wasn't her original goal, which was to arrive at the root of things by creating the perfect initial model of humans which was much simpler in the beginning. But all she could do was to create herself perfectly. She's a descendant of a sorcerer's family. She is the 6th successor, but seems to be kicked out of the house for some reason. It's a taboo to call her a "Rotten Red Color" The Mage's Association gives a title of colors to their high ranking sorcerers. What she wanted was blue, but she got the opposite, red. The color of žò (Tou) is a pale red/orange, by the way.

She's an handsome woman in her late 20s, also wearing a pair of glasses. When she takes off her glasses, her personality switches. She is warm and cheerful person with the glasses, cold and strict person without. Actually a graduated student from the Reien Girl's Academy. She was interested in Shiki's powers, but didn't think about using it for her own ambition.

Got hooked up with the AWESOME and UNIQUENESS of these?Good....
rolleyes.gif

Wow, D-san, I want to read the novel as soon as possible. I want to see how the relationship develops between Shiki and Mikiya. D-san, do you know where I could get the Kare no Kyoukai light novel scanlations in English ?
biggrin.gif

Time to revive the thread yet again
ph34r.gif
...by me...yet again...
ph34r.gif
.with some pics I've got at animepapers(credits goes to them!
biggrin.gif
).

But i think I myself didn't visit the the thread much after reviving it....
rolleyes.gif

Oh well,this thread might be more lively once we got to know more about the movie...
biggrin.gif

Shiki-chan likes strawberry ice-cream!!
laugh.gif
(I think two of these has already been posted by jul10-sama..
ph34r.gif
oh well,who cares...
rolleyes.gif
)

I have to say this out loud but this is the most anticipated anime movie of 2007 for me and that I want to see it really badly simply because of the aspect of this Shiki having similar eyes has the Tsukihime Shiki. I'm playing the Tsukihime game and I've got up to teh 9th day..it reminds my time of when I was playing Shenmue 1 and 2 on the Sega Dreamcast and on the XBOX (I played Shenmue 2 again after I played it on the Dreamcast).
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (J-san)I have to say this out loud but this is the most anticipated anime movie of 2007 for meFor me as well!!
laugh.gif
Why?because I'm one who has pledged loyalty to Nasu-sama and Takeuchi-sama with the rest of Type-Moon!
rolleyes.gif
Anyway,I've read some part of the novel,and...well.....being a Type-Moon's slave,with no graphics or soundtracks,YET! I've already being absorbed by this story which is supposedly 3 times more interesting than Tsukihime
rolleyes.gif
(according to Nasu-sama himself...
rolleyes.gif
)

A bit of the novel's content....just want this to become a teaser and to hook a few more people to look forward for this promising movie...
rolleyes.gif

*WARNING!Mind-splitting content up-ahead!Reading this might as well twist and snap your mind in two!Read on your own risk and discretion!(I'm not responsible for things like 'OMG!The God-damn spoilers!' or '....?
huh.gif
...Too complex...my mind...my intelligence...logic...reasons...seems fading away..' okay?!
ph34r.gif
)

---"Kokutoh, what do you think a view from a high place reminds you of?"

This sudden question pulls me back into reality.

I haven't really been at a high place since I went to the Tokyo Tower as a child. I don't really remember what I thought about it then. Only thing is that I tried so hard to find the place I lived, but ended up not being able to find it.

"Maybe small?"

"That's too shrewd of a remark, Kokutou."

A cold response comes back. Well, I was a bit doubtful about my remark myself. I pull myself together and try to think of something else.

"Let's see. There isn't much that it reminds me of, but I do think it's beautiful. A view from a high place is overwhelming."

Probably because this response was more from my heart, Tohko-san nods in agreement.

And still staring outside, Tohko-san continues to talk.

"The scenary you see is magnificent. Even an boring one looks beautiful. But that's not the impulse you feel when you look down onto the world you live in. The overlooking view only gives you one impulse..."

Saying the word "impulse", Tohko-san cuts off her sentence.

Impulse is not something that comes from within you like feelings, but rather something that attacks you from the outside. Even if the one attacked by it doesn't want it.

Something like violence that attacks you without warning, that is what we call impulses.

Then what is the violence that is brought by an overlooking view?

"That is being "far". A vision too big creates a vivid seperation between you and the world. People can only feel safe around things close to them. Even if one has the most detailed map and knows exactly where they are, it's only information, right?
For us, the world is only something we can feel ourselves. The boundaries between cities, countries, and the world, is only something that our brain recognizes and we ourselves cannot feel them unless we actually go to that place. And in reality, there is nothing wrong with that way of recognition.
But if the vision is too large, discrepancy occurs. The 10m area around you that you actually feel and the 10km area that you are looking down on. They are both the world you live in, yet you feel the first one as more real.
See? There's already an inconsistancy. It's more correct for you to recognize the larger world you see as the world you live in rather than the small space around you. But no matter how hard you try, you cannot feel that you are living on this big world.
The reason being, what feels more real is always something that is around you. Your reasoning as your knowledge and your experience as your feeling crashes against each other and eventually, one will lose and confusion will start.
... how small the city is from up here. I can't even imagine my house was down there. Was that park shaped that way? I didn't even know that was there. This is like a town I don't know about. It feels like I've come to a place far away.
... A high perspective brings these kinds of thinkings. Even though the person is still standing on one part of that city they're looking down on..."

There's more to this mind-splitting things...but it'll get too long and the mods surely won't be happy if I do that..
rolleyes.gif

Anyway...please read the interesting contents above and join us(seems there's only a few of 'us' here...) on this journey(?) of waiting for Kara no Kyoukai's movie in full-anticipation!
biggrin.gif

Kara no Kyoukai...Borderline to emptiness....yeah...Type Moon planned the game project of this in like 199? then created Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Mikiya the main male lead looks just a little like Tohno Shiki, and Azaka, a side female looks like Rin (F/SN) or Akiha (Tsukihime), then Touko the red head is like the one master eliminated by Kirei in F/SN, Lancer's master I think, she then called up Magna Angra from the Grail. Geez these storylines all ties into each other...Aoki is related to the "teacher" Tohno has...ok im getting confused...
sleep.gif
don't try frying your brain.

WHEEEEZEEE!!!!

Kara no Kyoukai's main page has been updated!Check this out!
cool.gif

Rakkyoooooo!!!!!

Now I'm sure I'm really lucky to have claimed Shiki-chan!
tongue.gif
The artworks looks good(Edit:did I use the words 'good' there?...oppps....sorry..I meant to say REALLY GOOD or GUREITO!!
biggrin.gif
),it seems the movie will indeed be a promosing one!
biggrin.gif
With the recent excellent works of Manabi Straight!,I really hope they'll give the same quality of work with Rakkyo..
rolleyes.gif
ufotable Banzai!
biggrin.gif

Anyway....Touko's hair is no longer blue......
rolleyes.gif
but she's really pretty....I don't know which one I'd prefer now...Aoko or Touko...
rolleyes.gif

And Mikiya looks a lot like the "Fake Killer" in Tsukihime's Plus-Disc...
rolleyes.gif

But it's too bad we only get to see 4 main characters so far....I hope I can see Fujinon there...
rolleyes.gif

All in all....it's GUREITOO!!!!
laugh.gif

QUOTE (d'observer @ Mar 22 2007, 07:45 AM) WHEEEEZEEE!!!!

Kara no Kyoukai's main page has been updated!Check this out!
cool.gif

Rakkyoooooo!!!!!

Now I'm sure I'm really lucky to have claimed Shiki-chan!
tongue.gif
The artworks looks good(Edit:did I use the words 'good' there?...oppps....sorry..I meant to say REALLY GOOD or GUREITO!!
biggrin.gif
),it seems the movie will indeed be a promosing one!
biggrin.gif
With the recent excellent works of Manabi Straight!,I really hope they'll give the same quality of work with Rakkyo..
rolleyes.gif
ufotable Banzai!
biggrin.gif

Anyway....Touko's hair is no longer blue......
rolleyes.gif
but she's really pretty....I don't know which one I'd prefer now...Aoko or Touko...
rolleyes.gif

And Mikiya looks a lot like the "Fake Killer" in Tsukihime's Plus-Disc...
rolleyes.gif

But it's too bad we only get to see 4 main characters so far....I hope I can see Fujinon there...
rolleyes.gif

All in all....it's GUREITOO!!!!
laugh.gif

D-san, since you have claimed Shiki-chan first, I shall leave the battle and claim another girl: -

I claim Touko-chan(the beauty in glasses, she's the one in the new part of D-san's sig, which is the banner image of the official site for Kara no Kyoukai) as mine FOREVER........DUWA!!!!!!! (I have officially claimed her first in FTV!)

Yay!A short trailer of Rakkyo at Anime Fare 2007.
biggrin.gif
It's a cam shot,so it's kinda low in quality,but I can't stop thanking the guy who uploaded this.
laugh.gif
The animation seems really good,and we can see the same style of lighting and camera angle as in Manabi Staright!.
biggrin.gif

Kara no Kyoukai-Garden of Sinners

And glad I'm now free from the battle with J-san over Shiki-chan.
tongue.gif
Anyway,since not much people seem interested in the movies and no one wants to make their caim,I now officially make a clearly show my greedy side announcement that I,d'observer have now claim over Kokutoh Azaka and Asagami Fujino in Rakkyo.I'm intent to make a Rakkyo's harem with the girls....
rolleyes.gif
Yay!
laugh.gif

Anyway,it's being said and argued that the movie might as well be 7 in numbers...
blink.gif
woot!Though it still can't be confirmed whether it'll be several movies divided in 7 parts or really 7 movies,some nice sempais of me at other forums have already confirmed that it'll not be a single movie.It's clearly said by ufotable that "it'll not be just one movie for Rakkyo",as said by the sempais.Yay!
biggrin.gif

AND,ufotable crews said they're big fans of Rakkyo.....
rolleyes.gif
Yay!
laugh.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back