Kobato

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Anybody

-sama
Sempai
KOBATO
coverte.jpg

Length: 24 Episodes
Starts: October 06, 2009
Producers: Madhouse, CLAMP, NHK
Genre:Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy

Kobato is a clumsy and naive girl with a naive outlook into the world and almost no common sense. Going towards the mysterious and unknown goal, she is observed, schooled and followed by Iorogi, plushy-dog with a really nasty temper and bad personality.

We enter into the story when she begins to work at the local kindergarten with one goal - to fill a mysterious bottle with sadness from people hearts.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fD6NEi_Czo

----------------
An anime adaptation of yet another CLAMP manga.

Its done by madhouse, so I can at least hope for a good quality animation.

Sadly it also confirms that it will probably have an anime-original ending...

I'm curious to see how this will turn out. I haven't read this one, so I have no idea what its about, but since it's by CLAMP I think we'll be in for a treat
smile.gif
I also like the artwork in the promo pics, I hope Madhouse does a good adaptation.

Its CLAMP......must-see for me! XD In 3 more days. =)

I dunno, I hope the actual eps will look lots better than the promo... Now, of course, graphics is only secondary if the story is great, but it's just sad to see the great CLAMP art destroyed.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 04 2009, 02:25 AM) I dunno, I hope the actual eps will look lots better than the promo... Now, of course, graphics is only secondary if the story is great, but it's just sad to see the great CLAMP art destroyed.
Agreed.

Kobato looks nothing like Kobato.

Oh and Anime-original ending is expected.

I guess this will be next claymore/gantz in a sense of madhouse fracking up the ending.

And so first episode has aired.

LEt's see:
- Kobato does not look like Kobato, she looks half-bloated like TC Sakura and way too young.
- Iorogi has way too bright colorings. I excepted him to be in a bit darker blue specter. And Kurogane's VA does NOT fit him. Not sadistic and angered enough.
- Hated the sugarcoated cheerfulness of everything. Kobato is great for comedy and etc, but Madhouse is clearly trying to push it as "another ccs", which makes me puke.
- Hated anime-original additions.
- Animation quality was lackluster...it felt like watching anime from 2002-2005.
- Not too fond of OST.

Overall: hopefully next episode will improve. However, while better than I excepted, First episode did not impress me.

OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvbBvnA6_x0
ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sjm8TYgcuc

Well, subs aren't out yet, but the OPED look better than the promo in terms of animation.

Better not be anything like Card Captor, I only saw a few episodes as a kid and am not too fond of it. I was hoping for something more like Tsubasa.

KOBATO SO KAWAIIIII
Huuuuuu she's so cuute and bright~

Simple and sweet first episode with bits of comedy. Animation looks good!
I love it so far and I'm excited to see more, Kobato's overall character is amazing, she's not too clumsy to the point where she's annoying and she has a pure heart and comes with very cute shoes, I like her shoes very much. >>;
The ED with the bottle was neat, the music is just as sweet. (๑→ܫ←)ಌ

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 06 2009, 04:33 PM) Well, subs aren't out yet, but the OPED look better than the promo in terms of animation.

Better not be anything like Card Captor, I only saw a few episodes as a kid and am not too fond of it. I was hoping for something more like Tsubasa.
I would call it "CCS turned into half-serious comedy for grown ups", as while it has similar premise, it explores the nature of human naivety and relationships and how it all works.

Its not as "cruel" to its characters as TRC, although each character is emotionally tormented in one or another way.

All I can say so far(even manga-readers know nothing about Kobato or wtf is going on) is that from my view, Kobato reminds me of Suu(from Clover, another of CLAMP works), so I would not be surprised if behind her naivety and everything there is some sort of twisted CLAMP-ish character torment in her past.

I havent seen the first episode to the end, the file must be corrupted or something... I might be watching this one, it looks interesting. Hopefully it wont get too sad.
biggrin.gif
Fortunatelly I havent seen card captor sakura and blessedly Kobato doesnt remind me of sakura from tsubasa chronicles, as I couldnt stand that caracter.

As for Kobato herself, she is naiv, but in a sweet way, so far it wasnt exagerrated. She reminds me of myself, when I was younger.

I think Kobato has just the right amount of cuteness, I really like her character so far. Her naive actions are really sweet and funny, especially when Iorogi gets irritated by them. I look forward to seeing how the story will unfold.

It didn't remind me of CCS at all, but maybe when she starts collecting the heart shards it will... who knows, but right now I'm liking this.

My main qualm about this one is if you're going to have a huge positive audience reaction to a singing performance, shouldn't that performance actually be sung well and in key?

The singer seemed to be gasping for air trying hit that high pitch and just ruined the mood for me. Other than that, this was pretty mediocre, but I'll hope it gets better as it goes along.

this seems to be the hidden gem of this season... after a very lackluster promo/trailer we have a quite solidly animated first ep, good voice acting (could be better; but hey there's a budget to keep) and enough plot to make me return.

the most common complain i have read so far is how the anime doesn't look like the manga.... well surprise surprise it is a different media!!
and i think the song in the park was good enough; i didn't hear the actress gasping or anything like that... maybe i need a better sound card....

anyway....if you like sweet anime, solid animation, and a healthy dose of kawaii kobato belongs in your list for this season

hehe... This anime doesn't seem to have a good story to it. Afterall, it's still not clear.

I'm a softy for these happy animes, though. So I love it!

If I were to rank it as I do for other animes, it'd rank low, but it just hits my happy spot, so in my personal rankings for myself, it's pretty good...for now.

Mmmhmm, it's simply sweet but I have yet to find it a bore, I don't know much about the story since I haven't read the manga but from a short a description and the first episode ending with what seems to be quite a beginning to something, I'm now interested and curious. ^ ^
I hope it turns out well. :3

Watched ep. 1... Yappari, the animation quality looks nothing like the manga or other scans I've seen around, vastly inferior... A lot of drawings look pretty lazy to me.

In terms of story, I'm hoping for some decent character development here. If done well, it could work sort of like Kino no Tabi. If not, it'd be some other boring repetitive series.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Oct 08 2009, 12:29 AM) In terms of story, I'm hoping for some decent character development here. If done well, it could work sort of like Kino no Tabi. If not, it'd be some other boring repetitive series.
Hint: apparently the anime producers will mish mash Kobato and Wish into one storyline, so as to end it at ep 24....

And to think that I still had some hopes for this adaptation

i watched first episode it pretty good funny i like the song she sing very beautiful i wish anyone know that song she sing but frankly its 2 early for that.

My first impression of the show ..... the misadventure of Sakura and Kurogane.
tongue.gif

Very nice indeed and I like it ever since Clamp in Wonderland amv.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back