K-On!

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired
07201089sr1.jpg

Title: K-On! (Keion!)
Japanese Title: けいおん!
Genre: School-Life, Music, Drama, Comedy
Premier: April 2009
Original Creator: Kakifly
Animation Studio: KyoAni (Kyoto Animation)
Director: Hisako Yamada
Character Designs: Yukiko Horiguchi
Series Script Supervisor: Reiko Yoshida
Art Director: Seiki Tamura
Color Design: Akiyo Takeda
Director of Photography: Rin Yamamoto
Musical Instrument Design: Hiroyuki Takahashi
Official Website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/

Basic Info:

The seinen moe 4-panel (4-koma) manga, K-On! by Kakifly will be getting animated for a Spring 2009 premier. The manga was serialized in the seinen moe 4-panel manga magazine Manga Time Kirara, and is also serialized in the seinen moe 4-panel manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Carat.

(~from Baka-Updates edited slightly by me~)

CAST:

Yui Hirasawa: Aki Toyosaki
Mio Akiyama: Yōko Hikasa
Ritsu Tainaka: Satomi Satou
Tsumigi Kotobuki: Minako Kotobuki
Sawako Yamanaka: Asami Sanada
Nodoka Manabe: Chie Tōdō
Ui Hirasawa: Madoka Yonezawa

Plot:

The story follows four girls who try to rescue their high school's light music club, even though they are all novices who cannot play instruments or read music.

(~from ANN~)

Random Pics:

My Thoughts:

Not really sure....it looks cute....and the dilemma they're in could work out pretty well for a decent comedy series this Spring.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Its reminding me of Hitohira, OtoBoku (in a way), Manabi Straight! and Hyakko.....nice combination.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Wallpaper:

Yeah, I heard that this was KyoAni's next project, the character design kinda reminds me of Lucky Star. It looks cute though, and makes me of my high school years when my friends and I wanted to start a band despite not knowing how to play any instruments lol, you can imagine how long that lasted

QUOTE (julezia @ Jan 23 2009, 01:22 PM) I wanted to start a band despite not knowing how to play any instruments lol, you can imagine how long that lasted
A few hours ??
wacko.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
j/k (I just had to.....
wink.gif
)

hmm cute girls playing music badly but still getting fans for obvious reasons.... sounds fun.
I wish I'd stuck with the musical instruments I knew how to play, now I can barely do scales
ph34r.gif

I've just updated the thread with cast info and the general credits from ANN.
rolleyes.gif

I'm not so sure this one is going to be as good as I hope it will. Yes, KyoAni is doing it, so based on their track record I'd say they'll do a good job, especially when we're talking about a series about music here; can anyone say God Knows?

But that's where I start worrying. Looking at the voice cast, I didn't recognize a single name, and only after looking into their other roles did I see that Asami Sanada (not even one of the four main girls) did such voices as Jun from Rozen Maiden and Vita from Nanoha A's and StrikerS, so that was a nice surprise. But what with the overt possibility that this series will be able to produce at least a few good tunes, I'd feel more assured about the quality of the singing and the acting if I had some prior experience with these VAs. And even if I have never heard of most of them, it still would have been loads better had they all been in more productions, or at least more that people would recognize.

Still, experience has taught me that even with an all-star cast (Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka) the series itself can turn out unbelievable bad, so I'm hoping with an non-noteworthy cast, the series will turn out unexpectedly good. So what am I expecting? Great music, great animation, and a funny story with interesting characters. I'm hoping the voice cast will surprise me.

Wooohooo !!! The girl have my favorite hairstyle. Kawaaiii ..... and moooeee ...

Ahemmm !! This might interest me.

There's a preview out. Not much revealed other than that they have rendered the character designs very well.

I've been reading a scanlation of the 4-coma and its extremely cute and funny. It's going to be interesting to see how they turn that brief style of writing into episode length stories.

Also, I'm in love with the club's advisor!
biggrin.gif

Too much moe >______<

In any case, I'm probably not checking this out, since I hate shows about music amateurs, done by people with little to no clue about music. There was only ever one anime that's an exception.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Mar 27 2009, 03:01 PM) Too much moe >______<

In any case, I'm probably not checking this out, since I hate shows about music amateurs, done by people with little to no clue about music. There was only ever one anime that's an exception.
well, you don't need much knowledge about music to make a decent anime of it; there are plenty of sources online to find valid information; nodame cantabile is most likely your exception, and all i can say to that is; there is no difference between that anime and other music genre anime series except that they did a bit of research for the script of nodame, but i gurantee those people don't know jack about music

anyway i'm actually going to try this one out (couple of eps) to see how it goes, the manga is pretty funny so it should be somewhat entertaining

I'm gonna die watching this...

Too much MOE

LOL I watched the trailer and I can't wait for it to come !

sad.gif
Anyway, so sad... No more Clannad...

Kinda reminds me of manabi straight too..

I've seen the 1min trailer. the sound seems catchy and I'm looking forward for this..

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Mar 27 2009, 03:33 PM) well, you don't need much knowledge about music to make a decent anime of it; there are plenty of sources online to find valid information; nodame cantabile is most likely your exception, and all i can say to that is; there is no difference between that anime and other music genre anime series except that they did a bit of research for the script of nodame, but i gurantee those people don't know jack about music

anyway i'm actually going to try this one out (couple of eps) to see how it goes, the manga is pretty funny so it should be somewhat entertaining
Well, it maybe as you say, but the research they did for Nodame was very good, regardless. The show felt natural, and, although it was obviously very decorated, I felt at home with it. I also enjoyed the way they animated the hands for the instrument players. As an amateur musician with a professional musical family, I'm very demanding =)

As such though, K-ON! seems like it won't even be about music, but rather the usual moe fanservice, so I may need to retract part of my previous statement about my reasons to not look forward to it
wink.gif

ahahaha
laugh.gif
this show is filled with small comedy stuff just like i thought; already in love with it, so this will be my slice of life/comedy of the season, watched a few other new animes as well but they failed miserably

Yui & Mio are my favs
tongue.gif
don't get me wrong tho, Ritsu & tsumugi (?) are close behind Yui is; she will win you over after just one episode

PS: lol @ that perfomance, it'd be cool if this actually puts focus on them getting better, btw the OP and ED rock hard; especially the ED

QUOTE (AnimeWiz07 @ Apr 02 2009, 06:47 PM) PS: lol @ that perfomance, it'd be cool if this actually puts focus on them getting better, btw the OP and ED rock hard; especially the ED
I laughed so hard when I read that about the ED, AnimeWiz.

Mainly because the subbed version I downloaded was a joke sub so I stopped watching, but went to the ED after reading your comment on it just to see what it was. I was met with quite the fantastic surprise as the joke subbers replaced the ED with Dancing Queen by ABBA.

I'll have to wait for the subbed version as tokyotosho is flooded with either fake/joke torrents or torrents that just don't come up in an effort to make fun of how some shows of new seasons are over subbed in the beginning. (Made me laugh) But anyway I already got a favorite as Mio, the bassist, hands down claims that spot.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Apr 02 2009, 11:35 PM) I laughed so hard when I read that about the ED, AnimeWiz.

Mainly because the subbed version I downloaded was a joke sub so I stopped watching, but went to the ED after reading your comment on it just to see what it was.  I was met with quite the fantastic surprise as the joke subbers replaced the ED with Dancing Queen by ABBA.
lol; yeah i watched part of the fake subs, funny stuff but so dumb
tongue.gif

to be honest i think Mio is going to steal the show, even though Yui is supposed to be the main protag
ohmy.gif
... then again most people seem to love Yui, she is getting claimed left and right
blink.gif
simply put, Moe would be called Yui if it was to take physical form

anyway if the anime plays music like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igEKaCJhtk0 while they perform and such it'd already have gone beyond my expectations, and the first ep is up
rolleyes.gif

Edit: so i watched episode 1, this show had me laughing a lot; i can say that i was smiling almost the entire episode; Ritsu's made up flashback about the promise with Mio was so killer
laugh.gif
Yui just spells out funny since the moment she had woken up at the very start of the episode... as for Mio and Tsugumi... background jokes mainly, but when they hit they really hit
tongue.gif
just like Yui's comment at their performance

haha, yeah this show seems like it's going to be LOTS of fun. The comment about the performance was awesome How can I put it, I was speechless... you guys weren't that good
laugh.gif

Also I had to love the Yui-vision moment where she imagines herself playing the castanets in a band
laugh.gif
so moe and so funny at the same time
She really is oblivious though. So far my fave character has to be the girl who was originally going to join the literature club. And damn they were "cunning" when trying to keep Yui from quitting, now we all know what motivates Yui huh?lol

I just watched eppy 1. It reminds me of Lucky Star, which isn't a bad thing. Yui was a bit TOO moe for my tastes
tongue.gif
too clumsy, too retarded at times.. I've also been known to trip on my own two feet but.. still I couldn't sympathize with her character lol

I really liked Mio though, she's my kind of character: quiet and smart. Too bad she lets Ritsu push her around like that
laugh.gif

if you like slice of life type animes, then you'll probably enjoy this.
I also really loved the ED... need to download
wink.gif

Looks fun
biggrin.gif
I had to giggle at some of the scenes in the first episode. Prediction, Yui has hidden musical talent that will burst out when she starts to learn the guitar
biggrin.gif
The flashback leads me to believe it is so, being a former instrument player.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back