London MCM Expo 27-29 May

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Maiku_Ando

-sama
Staff member
Leader Council
Just a little thread for anyone who might be going to the MCM Expo in London Excell this weekend.

For those who don't already know about it details are their website. Tickets are £10.

Whos going?
Anyone entering the cosplay or other events?
Anyone get any pictures?
Who spent all their money on figures/DVDs/manga? lol

I'm planning on going on the Saturday, feel free to post in here if your going to be about.

If anyone wants to meet up as an FTV group, maybe people could wear their avatar as a badge or sometihng. (But dont put the website on it, don't want to advertise to the UK anime companies lol)

And now the general disclaimer....
If your thinking of meeting anyone from the forum in real life, please ensure that you know the person or meet in a well lit public place such as the expo itself.
Feel free to post who your going to (try to) meet in here, but to ensure the person you are meeting really is the person from the forum, don't give out your personal info in the thread, send it via pm (remember anyone can read the threads).
Please do not assume trust in anyone because of status on here, post count, Staff or Sempais etc, use your own judgment.
And finally, this is not an official FTV or staff endorsed thing, its just a random idea.

As Warita said below, don't be too scared by this, but just use common sense and becareful etc is all its there to say.

Edited to be less scary.

If you happen to be in London this weekend I could be willing to meet, I don't live so far away from London ExCel so it wouldn't be a chore for me to get there. Issue is money for me; I don't think I would want to spend so much money as I need it for the coming months. I could meet in some pub or whatnot if you are interested but it's all about timing that. PM if you are interested.

Do you think it is so dangerous to meet people from FTV? I have met with loads of people I know from the internet over the years and whereas I didnt always like them in RL, nothing ever happened to me, that would make me this suspicious.

I dont think there is such a huge difference between meeting somebody from the internet and talking to a complete stranger for the first time in your life. You take an equal risk that the person is a nutcase or might be even dangerous. Thats why critical assessment of his/her personality is crucial and you shouldnt feel lulled into a false sense of security, just because you talked to the person couple of times online. But I assume that is common sense, isnt it?

What I wanted to say is this: I like the idea of meeting up with FTV members and the long red waring about how dangerous it could be is IMO an overkill. It might in fact scare some people into not wanting to meet.... and I think that is a pity.

If I was in London, I would love to meet up with you. So far I have met only two FTV-lers: My sweet Monsta and Julezia. Both was a pleasure
smile.gif

I edited it to make it a little less scary, I just didn't want anyone to suddenly go out and meet someone without thinking about what there doing, and to make sure that some imposter didnt try to be someone from here (hench my comment about keeping personal info in a pm). Sometiems the geeky Otaku world can have some very unsavory characters, so just wanted to be careful is all.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back