CANAAN

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: CANAAN (428 the Animation)
Japanese Title: カナン
Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Drama
Premier: 4th July 2009
Director: Masahiro Ando
Animation Studio: P.A. Works
Original Creator: Chunsoft and SEGA
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Character Design: Kanami Sekiguchi
Official Website: http://www.canaan.jp/

OP: "mind as Judgment" by Faylan
ED: "My heaven" by Annabel

Basic Info:

Canaan is an anime television series, conceptualized by Type-Moon co-founders Kinoko Nasu and Takashi Takeuchi, based on the scenario that they created for the Nintendo Wii visual novel 428: FÅ«sasareta Shibuya de. This anime is going to be 13 episodes.
Cast:

Maaya Sakamoto as Alphard
Miyuki Sawashiro as Canaan
Akio Ohtsuka as Sham
Haruka Tomatsu as Yunyun
Hiroaki Hirata as Santana
Junko Minagawa as Natsume
Kenji Hamada as Minoru Minorikawa
Mamiko Noto as Hakkoo
Rie Tanaka as Liang Qi
Toru Ohkawa as Cummings
Yoshino Nanjou as Maria Oosawa
Hironari Amano as Shinya Kano
Nakamura as Shinya Kano (Sub)
Narumi Konno as Hitomi
Osamu Takashi as Kenzi Oosawa

My Thoughts:

I'm not gonna write about this or try to collect info about this........because I want it to be more of a surprise but I'll tell you this...........CANAAN IS A MUST-SEE.....it will kidnappings, mysteries and incredibly bizzare happenings will be IN THIS ANIME.

I'm mainly looking forward to this because of Type-Moon involvements and the fact that the game is meant to be PURE AWESOMENESS!! XD
biggrin.gif

This will be IMPRESSIVE STUFF....oh btw, the studio did True Tears.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Let's just hope that it has more original Type-moon vibe, and less true tears vibe.

I am always up for a mystery/drama type series but if it is anything like Tears to Tiara, as in bored stiff well, it is bound to fail, big time. I am gonna avoid snoozing this summer as much as possible...especially, with my anime.
wink.gif

I can't see it being like either True Tears or Tears to Tiara as it is not the same genre. Granted it's by the same studio that did True Tears (which I liked
tongue.gif
) but.... still one of the shows I'm looking forward to.

I wouldn't worry about it being like True Tears as much in story, but more in production quality. I always thought True Tears was a nice looking show. Although after looking at the people behind this show I'm a bit more excited as the Director for this was also the director for Sword of the Stranger (the only other anime he directed) and he was also involved in the Cowboy Bebop movie, Ghost in the Shell, GitS: Stand Alone Complex, Rahxephon, FMA and the FMA movie......so a bunch of favorites really.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Jun 25 2009, 02:11 PM) I wouldn't worry about it being like True Tears as much in story, but more in production quality. I always thought True Tears was a nice looking show. Although after looking at the people behind this show I'm a bit more excited as the Director for this was also the director for Sword of the Stranger (the only other anime he directed) and he was also involved in the Cowboy Bebop movie, Ghost in the Shell, GitS: Stand Alone Complex, Rahxephon, FMA and the FMA movie......so a bunch of favorites really.
Well after you mention all those worthy animes, Barbo-san, then it is quite possible, this one will be worth watching and I will be hoping for the same quality in story telling and entertainment.
wink.gif

^ Well, hopefully. I'm just more worried that they'll focus either on the girls and romance part of it, or the "look kewl akshun xploshuns" stuff, and miss the philosophy and the acid trips that are, IMHO, the best aspect of Type-moon works. So, hopefully the guy learned sth from GitS. Sword of Stranger though, was a nicely done action flick, but was also very superficial in the story department.

This WON'T BE DISAPPOINTING.........NOT ONE BIT.....its Nasu's work.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 25 2009, 03:23 PM) This WON'T BE DISAPPOINTING.........NOT ONE BIT.....its Nasu's work.
biggrin.gif

All remains to be seen my fine, anime addicted, friend
tongue.gif
Looks good, sounds good...now, we just have to see if it will deliver. Hoping it does!
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 25 2009, 10:36 AM) This will be IMPRESSIVE STUFF....oh btw, the studio did True Tears.
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

When I first read the summary of the series back during its announcement, I first thought the wackiness of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki....then I saw the image next to it and was like Type Moon/Kara no Kyoukai.....so this series has hope as it is Type Moon material. However, if it's from the game 428 and faithfully adapting it, I heard Type-Moon had nothing to do with the actual content and only involved in the extras of the game where it was actually animated. I haven't played so I wouldn't not fully but I heard the game was actually more of a live-action that animation, so let's see what Type-Moon can pull here.

P.A. Works not only has done True Tears, but also Skip Beat!, some Soul Eater, as well as some of Eva 1.0 so animation is bound to look at least decent.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jun 25 2009, 08:24 PM) However, if it's from the game 428 and faithfully adapting it, I heard Type-Moon had nothing to do with the actual content and only involved in the extras of the game where it was actually animated. I haven't played so I wouldn't not fully but I heard the game was actually more of a live-action that animation, so let's see what Type-Moon can pull here.

To be exact Type-Moon created an entire scenario(or "route") for that game.

This anime is adaptation of that route only.
wink.gif

This might be a series that you need to play the game to understand the anime, but I hope that isn't the case here. Well here's hoping that they do a good job explaining things up to the unique story route that wasn't in the game then.

I just saw the first episode RAW, and I see as a darker than BLACK and black lagoon mix. I was just thinking about subbing this when some people said to leave it to others. If it's not subbed by tomorrow, I'll upload a special file to megaupload:)

QUOTE (truth2belief @ Jul 05 2009, 01:26 AM) I just saw the first episode RAW, and I see as a darker than BLACK and black lagoon mix.
In a good way or in a bad way?
biggrin.gif

DtB sucked balls, and Black Lagoon had a cool story but was extremely cheesy and full of horribly done Engrish and Jap-Russian that made my ears bleed. So is CANAAN a combination of the two then? Or is it just similar in terms of athmosphere, and not quality.

It's hard to believe someone hated Darker than Black, at least, in my opinion. It's even repeatedly recomended...

but I guess that's a different story for everyone. I do feel the same about Black Lagoon though. swear, swear, swear, bang, bang, bang, loli, loli, loli brothers and sisters... fanservice, fanservice, fanservice...

I do like Canaan. it's the type of art style i like and it's action, that's recently been extinct due to the flooding of ecchi anime around. (this show does have some very hot scenes, though)

Since you don't like those two anime, however, I'm not sure if you like or hate it. Others that did probably will though.

Well, BL was above average. DtB was much much worse, with the loads of fanservice, cliche developments and dialogue lines... I can't believe they're making a season 2 for it.

Well, I'll check the first ep of CANAAN as soon as it's out, since there's nothing much else to watch this season.

Well you can tell this series has the Type-Moon feel to it. I'm only saying this after seeing the first epsiode. From the looks of things it seems that Kanaan actually has something close to the given Mystic Eye ability that Type-Moon is known to use more or less. Aside frm that they do have a nice balance on doing a dark story with some light involved in it.

So I'm going to follow this seires.

Sub Group Name Removed has taken the first episode. I guess I'll stick with Yoshimune for the meanwhile. Hope you guys like the anime, it's not bad.

EDIT: oops, i didn't know that rule. hehe. and Yoshimune is a name of an anime series.

Uhh, 441 MB for one episode is a bit... Hopefully it's justified, and they manage to cut it down a bit later on. My harddrive isn't made out of rubber, I can't stretch it that much =)

...And my Internet isn't allmighty. I'll give it till morning to finish the DL, and comment once I watch the new ep. Hopefully it's something worth DLing.

episode 1 was pretty good; actually one of the better starting episodes of the summer... still not up there with aoi hana's first ep, but i loved the action in this show... i take it a few of the lead characters have special powers? i guess thats "fair" since their alone... but that should make their one on one fights that much more enjoyable

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back