Shichisei no Subaru

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Titles: Seven Senses of the Re'Union (Subaru of the Seven Stars)
Japanese: 七星のスバル
Airing date: 5/7/2018 (TV series 12 episodes)
Original creator: Noritake Tao
Original character designer: Booota
Director: Yoshihito Nishōji
Written by: Takao Yoshioka
Music by: Hisakuni, Kaoru Ōtsuka, Tak Miyazawa and Takuma Sōgi (SUPA LOVE)
Character designer: Yumiko Yamamoto
Chief animation director: Haruna Nagata
Art director: Tomonari Suzuki
Sound director: Satoshi Motoyama
Director of photography: Naoki Serizawa
3D director: Sadanori Kaneda
Color design by: Tarō Kaguchi
Prop design by: Hiroyuki Honda and Takao Takegami
Effect design by: Takashi Hashimoto
Creature design by: Hiroshi Kajiyama
Monster design by: Tomohito Hirose
Magic circle design by: Katsuyoshi Kishi
Key animation by: Mamiko Nakanishi
Action supervisor: Yuji Moriyama
Artwork sheets by: Megumi Yamamoto
Editing by: Rie Itō
Animation producer: Yūji Higa
Line producer: Kazuhiko Sukō
Music producers: Ken Matsubara and Manabu Yokoyama
Producers: Junichiro Tanaka, Manabu Yokoyama, Shiho Miura, Takaaki Nakanome and Takayuki Takagi
Studio: Lerche
Network: TBS, BS-TBS
Opening theme: "360° Hoshi no Orchestra (360°星のオーケストラ / 360° Star Orchestra)" by petit milady (Aoi Yūki and Ayana Taketatsu)
Ending theme: "Starlight" by Erii Yamazaki

Main cast: Haruto Amō (天羽陽翔) voiced by Kengo Takanashi

Asahi Kuga (空閑旭姫) voiced by Nichika Ōmori

Satsuki Usui (碓氷咲月) voiced by Akari Kitō

Takanori Mikado (御門貴法) voiced by Kaito Ishikawa

Nozomi Kusaka (草間望) voiced by Yumiri Hanamori

Clive Vivali (クライヴヴィヴァリー) voiced by Takuma Terashima

Supporting cast: Elicia (エリシア) voiced by Chika Anzai

gdpetti said:
reminds me of Serial Experiments Lain... her character and how she came out of the program... which also reminds me of Re: Creators, since i just watched it... thought forms....
also ep.1 that girl who died in-game and RL, but now 'lives' as her avatar :huh:

You said this was like Anohana? Ok, I'll check it out now that I'm done with the whole Battlestar Galactica series.... which had the same problems throughout, the later prequel series was worse, good acting, but bad setups... oh well.

Plot
In 2034, in the globally popular MMORPG "Union", there was once a top group of players named Subaru, made of six elementary school friends. However, once one of their members passes away inside the game, Union ended service. Six years later, a new game called "Re'Union" is launched, with similar mechanics, and when Haruto, one of Subaru's original members, meets Asahi, his partner who died six years before, the members of Subaru gather once again to uncover the mystery behind it.
Yeah, checked out that vid, is similar in feel... just part of a game and not real life.
What I would like to see in these animes is different characters and not the same ones repeatedly... I suppose a lot of the industry is game based these days, no? So, that would factor in... but it's why the tropes get so dull... .the same thing over and over... a slight twist is her death in the game? then reborn in the new game? It's based in a light novel series... which hasn't ended from the wiki entry.

This line from a site adds one element:
In the popular MMORPG world 'Union' there existed a legendary party named Subaru. This party, made up of a group of childhood friends and elementary schoolers, exceeded the limits of the game with their various senses. However, due to an incident which resulted in a death, 'Union' ended its service and the group of childhood friends went separate ways. Six years later, highschooler Haruto logged into the new 'Reunion' and reunited with a single girl. Asahi—one of old 'Subaru' party members, and his childhood friend who should have died six years ago. Is she a digital ghost, or...?
So, this 'incident'... was it in the 'game' or not? reminds me of that Battlestar Galactica prequel... Caprica... the potential to 'die' in the game if you fall asleep while in it? something like that.

gdpetti said:
You said this was like Anohana? Ok, I'll check it out now
Both animes seem alike in cast aspects and relationship since childhood, aside the fact their main heroines died... since ep'1 but what got my attention more is why lots of hate, very unfortunate (a producer scandal) to be 'lucky stars' -_-

Was about to start this.... first I looked at the comments.... :blink: not good... much talk about plot holes... a S2 to fix them? but bad DVD sales, worse ever? etc.... Not looking good to start, hunh? :eek:

Read a few more... Wow, the hate on this one is strong!... gotta check it out now! :lol:

gdpetti said:
first I looked at the comments.... :blink: not good... much talk about plot holes... a S2 to fix them? but bad DVD sales, worse ever? etc.... Not looking good to start, hunh? :eek:

Read a few more... Wow, the hate on this one is strong!... gotta check it out now! :lol:
from the main reasons why I started this thread xD after finishing? Honestly, i don't think that deserves So much hatred... I have seen (or dropped) far worse similar ones, at least it got me interested to watch despite flaws and clichés :p

Watching this now.... on ep5... I don't see what all the hate comments are about... it's nothing special so far but very few are... it's ok... with the 'dead' girl the main interesting aspect.
As for sales, perhaps it gets worse? Or are those declining anyway, so only the hottest ones sell anymore?
Otherwise, I don't see the reason for the hate/... well mostly hate... some had it as ok... maybe all those 'plot holes' show up later?

PS.. on ep 7 ... I recognize most or half of the VAs... from other characters in anime I liked... which helps.... I wonder if the problems others had was due to the gaming aspect? as I don't play the games, so maybe I don't recognize these 'plot holes' they mentioned? Otherwise, the undercurrent for the reason she's 'dead' is starting to show in glimpses...

gdpetti said:
I don't see what all the hate comments are about... it's nothing special so far but very few are... it's ok... with the 'dead' girl the main interesting aspect.
As for sales, perhaps it gets worse? Or are those declining anyway, so only the hottest ones sell anymore?
Otherwise, I don't see the reason for the hate/... well mostly hate... some had it as ok... maybe all those 'plot holes' show up later?
guess haters got mad because some mysteries aren't explained yet, until S2?... Sword Art Online is way hated, also Isekai Maou at first but still I like both :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6wit4Epeo

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back