Seiren (2017) & Amagami SS (2010-12)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

AnimeWiz07

-de gozaru~
Sempai

From ANN:QUOTE Plot Summary: A second-year high school boy finds himself uneasy during Christmas time due to an experience in the past. However, this year at Christmas, he gets his last chance to ask out a graduating female senior named Haruka Morishima — or one of several other classmates. The story of the anime will be arranged in an omnibus format, with each heroine getting her own version of the story animated. Each heroine will sing her own version of the ending theme song.

Cast
Hiromi Konno as Sae Nakata
Kaori Nazuka as Tsukasa Ayatsuji
Rina Satou as Kaoru Tanamachi
Ryoko Shintani as Rihoko Sakurai
Shizuka Itou as Haruka Morishima
Tomoaki Maeno as Jun'ichi Tachibana
Yukana as Ai Nanasaki
Kana Asumi as Miya Tachibana
Risa Hayamizu as Maya Takahashi
Takuma Terashima as Masayoshi Umehara

13 Episodes

Vintage: 2010-07-01

I'll probably be watching this one; expecting it to turn out somewhat like kimikiss. I'am glad that, from what I can tell, Haruka will be the main heroine. Definitely my favorite heroine from the list with Kaoru & Tsukasa following behind... by a good margin.

I was going to get to the thread-making.
tongue.gif
WORLD CUP literally takes me away from doing my normal activities.
blink.gif

This anime will be okay, its arc-type one where the male lead(or leads....not too sure) will fall in love with each girl in separate arcs.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Jun 28 2010, 01:03 AM) I was going to get to the thread-making.
tongue.gif
WORLD CUP literally takes me away from doing my normal activities.
blink.gif

This anime will be okay, its arc-type one where the male lead(or leads....not too sure) will fall in love with each girl in separate arcs.
rolleyes.gif

I understand. Too bad my two favorite teams (Germany/Argentina) face eachother so early in these final rounds.

I was thinking it might be like that, but then there is the fact that this'll be 13 episodes... maybe they'll add another season in fall as did kimikiss; otherwise I don't see any romantic pursuit happening on more than one girl. I do however hope that there will be more than one male lead, considering that those types of things always make these romances a lot more interesting.

It sounds interesting, but mostly because there are so many Doujins from this series out there which is hyping it a lot for me
tongue.gif

Ahhh, this definitely his the "school life romance" nail on the head. It pretty much covered everything this genre should have, from the bad introduction to his crush; to him having a bad experience with a girl. I was happy to see that there is in fact, another male character; so maybe we'll see a second pairing besides the main one.

That said, I see a lot of heartbreak happening for some of the girls, which will definitely be fun to watch. However, his little sister annoys me with her "brother complex". Although it's not the extreme kind, it might get annoying in the future; but I certainly hope it doesn't.

Note: It was probably the first time ever I've seen the male protagonist take the approach and confess ... much less in the very first episode. I'll keep watching since it was a good first ep.

I just finished watching the first episode not too long ago and was wondering when the forum was going to go up to comment! I thought it was really cute episode, definitely didn't expect the confession SO early, and being rejected on top of that too, ouch.

Nice 'overview' of the other characters, definitely good pre-showing of them and can't wait for their stories. I definitely like the school idol girl, she has a cute, very open and energetic personality, with the class rep being my next favorite. The main guy is also - thankfully - very likeable to me, went through the same boat as him honestly on the rejection thing, still am going through it so I might be biased since it's like... you know one of those songs you hear on the radio that gets to you because it describes what you're going through?

Anyway, with all my favorite shows ended already (B-gata, Angel Beats, etc), it's great to have something to look forward to again, this anime is definitely now on my watch list, and am actually curious to see the each girl gets their own ending, cause I tell you too many times you watch an anime and you just want to rage sometimes when the guy doesn't get with the girl you want (my first pleasant surprise being Angel Beats and I'm so glad he ended up with my personal favorite heroine).

So far my interest in this I'll have to rate at a 9/10. Actually dying to see the next episode now after that ending/resolution.

I'm hesitant about this show. As animewiz said it gives off a big KimiKiss feel, largely in part to the fact that the original character designs are done by the same person. (which is a major plus as I love them). That is a great thing for me as for straight high school romances, KimiKiss ended up being one of my favorites. But KimiKiss took a dating sim game and made one continuous high school romance story with multiple couples. Judging from how the first episode of Amagami was listed as Morishima Arc Chapter 1 I get the feeling that each arc will be the "what-if" scenario of Tachibana getting with each girl. That is unfortunately far far less interesting than what they could do.

A nice first ep.
Its good to see a male protagnist who doesnt die when talking to women and actually has guts. Too bad he good rejected and with a smiling face of Haruka on top of that. You could say that was heart-crushing.
Haruka seems a bit like an airhead who isnt really giving much thought of her soroundings but not an over the top airhead. But everytime she says "you are nice" I get the feeling she is just using him if he needs him. But she is displayed otherwise so I can shake of that feeling easily.
For the other characters I cant say much because you havent seen that much of them, but like I thought Kaoru is the best till now, both in looks and in personality.

@Barbobot: Maybe this anime will play out like Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo in which every girl got her own arc but it was still one overall story connecting everything. And that was pretty good back then, but if they really go alternate routes of the same days it will really be a letdown, but I dont think (hope) they will do that.

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Jul 02 2010, 05:46 AM) @Barbobot: Maybe this anime will play out like Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo in which every girl got her own arc but it was still one overall story connecting everything. And that was pretty good back then, but if they really go alternate routes of the same days it will really be a letdown, but I dont think (hope) they will do that.
Barbo is just trying to scare everyone.
dry.gif
I swear if they do mini arcs that are disconnected I will drop it. I was thinking more along to lines of your idea there Ossi, with him talking to a different girl every two to three episodes while still trying to win over his Haruka-senpai the entire time. This would be a predictable path, but at least it'd make for a great anime.

I'm leery of the possibility of a mini-arc structure, too as that would put me right off the show. Also, there has been so much great character art floating around since the show was announced which got me interested in watching, but I for some reason I kind of felt disappointed about how the girls looked in the anime. I guess that's to be expected since you just can't do that kind of detail in an Anime, but I didn't get that feeling from say, Hatsukoi Ltd. for example. My biggest complaint though is that I was bored through most of the episode probably because it was too straight of a romance story without any unique twists or real comedy to keep it interesting. I'm getting the feeling that this one just isn't for me no matter how cute I think the character designs are, especially Kaoru's.

It looks alright, but it's basically yet another cookie-cutter romance/slice-of-life. Don't know about you, but when you toss the usual and stereotypical character types (I refuse to call "characters" in these kinds of shows actual characters) into typical situations for the XXX number of times I lose my interest mighty fast.

But putting that aside, it looks good. Nothing really to write home about, nothing that's really going to change the industry in any way, but it's good. Hell, why do we guys always go for that ONE girl who doesn't really case about us when there are plenty of other girls around us. Sigh.
laugh.gif

It was a nice enough first episode. I liked the way the writers tried to introduce all the girls. Some of them were nice but it is still too early to make an opinion about them. The main male character was a good change for once. Finally one who still dares to confess even though he got hurt before.
I don't hope that he gets Morishima in the end. It would be too simple of a story. There were much more interesting girls around...like the first grade girl and the class president. I would rather see him with one of them in the end. Otherwise it would just another story in which the protoganist gets the school princess.

QUOTE (Arbiter Libera @ Jul 02 2010, 04:13 PM)Hell, why do we guys always go for that ONE girl who doesn't really case about us when there are plenty of other girls around us. Sigh.
biggrin.gif
That is because we always want what is the most unreachable. Sometimes somebody has to hit us with a frying pan or something to open our eyes
smile.gif
(let's hope that this also applies to this series
laugh.gif
and he gets the best girl around him and not that hard to reach girl..)

now this is a anime love story that main character get rejected and way he acted such a pussy way walk into his closet

hey i been rejected few times i dont go all like that...

Amagami SS, a show that I thought was potentially good until AIC showed up. My hope is that AIC will redeem themselves with this show. The first episode told me two things:
1) the show will be told in parts. Anidb says there are 13 episodes planned at the moment while MAL says 26. I don't know which to believe at the moment, but this means that each arc will range from 2-4 episodes given that there are 6 girls. From the preview for the next episode the latter seems to hold a little bit more at the moment
2) We may end up getting "world resets" as a result, as if the whole anime itself was a game. Not a bad idea, but not necessarily good either if done improperly.

With that out of the way, time to get into the actual preliminary review of the show. I held my expectations quite low coming into the series, especially given AIC's performance in the last 2 seasons after coming off a strong run in 2009. The biggest surprise this series had was the beautiful artwork and character design. Animation wasn't very fluid nor detailed though despite airing in HD. The OP video felt very lackluster whereas the ED video, or at least for Haruka's chapter, was very very well done. Music was good (not so much the instrumental at the end though) and video was definitely a nice touch.

As for a story, since it's too early to tell how AIC and director, Yoshimasa Hiraike (Director of Working!!, Solty Rei, and Kaleido Star), plans to go about the rest of the series. So that will have to wait and see. In addition, Hiraike also directed the first good episode of Mayoi Neko Overrun!: Episode 3, an episode where the plot actually moved forward significantly, if not the only episode that did so. I do like the somewhat fast pace for this show since most shows end up having a protagonist failing to ever make a confession even by the time the show is over. It's nice to see that Junichi makes a confession and is rejected immediately in an elegant manner rather than a tsundere fashion. Not to mention that Haruka is a seemingly honest person, which makes everything else more interesting (so long as she doesn't go yandere XD, School Days anyone?). With that said, this show has some promise going for it. A lot more than I expected when first expecting this show. Perhaps it will live up to the expectation I had when the project was first announced instead of the lowered expectation I made two weeks ago. The ending by Itou Shizuka was very good and the rest of the cast seems promising despite not hearing too much from them this episode.

For a harem show visual novel adaptation, this started off on the right foot. The question now is will it hold for the remaining episodes of the series.

Preliminary Score: 7/10

Preliminary Expectation (From Summer Preview thread): Low

Love the hair. I have a sweet spot for the curls and waves I saw. Character designs are beautiful as well.

It may be generic, but sometimes you need a good generic refresher that does it right. Whether its successful remains to be seen, but I have high hopes from ep 1.

The pacing in this ep was flawless. Nothing felt rushed, disjoined, or slow...just a well-done introduction with plot advancement at the same time. Also liked the realistic character personalities.

I'll keep watching unless it takes a reset approach and fails miserably at it.

Took an immediate dislike to Morishima. Someone please wipe that smirk off her face.

Oddly, what really caught my eye was the girl that sits behind Tachibana. Rather than just existing as generic, wooden and immobile background scenery, she fiddles with her hair and picks at her nails in a bored fashion. I thought that to be a nice detail.

First episode was pretty good. Love the character design. Well somehow it looked like morishima was just toying with the guy;will get to know more in the next episode .....this series looks kinda interesting., Looking forward to the next episode ... want to c what happens next. Didnt watched romantic anime for a long time. I hope it turns out to be a good one.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back