FTP server (primary method)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

daft27

-nya
Retired
Ooh, I'm beginning to really love the code for this. I've already made changes to it two or three times and had it go active without shutting down any of the client connections. Now the only thing left to do is to expire sockets faster, so the locks come off even faster. The only thing I'm worried about is if I expire the sockets too fast, a person with a normal FTP client wouldn't be able to properly download anymore.

Wow... you sound so sophisticated. I don't understand what you mean?
huh.gif

Will it be good or bad for the users? But it should be friendly to the server as well, so that maintenance will not be needed to be done so often.

(Does this site has automatic deletion of old episodes?)

Oh, the code is very good for the server and clients but it still needs a few adjustments here and there to get lock-stuck free. Locks used to get stuck like 25% of the time but now it's more like 5%.

Well, all the files are marked with an expiration date but there's no code yet that actually goes around and checks. This is what will probably happen.

The older animes will be moved into seras's archive while the new ones stay in seras's new release's part of the server. When space starts to run out, I'll start removing files from the archive based on the series popularity.

So were rotating the episodes.

So say around 5 episodes of the 5 most recent.

And the rest of the episodes 1 and so on will be stored in Sera server :x ?

Kewl.

Ok
I'm lost.
I don't see expiration dates anywhere.
And how do we access Sera's archive?
Or is this all still being developed?

And what about posting the address, user name and pass to use a ftp software like smart FTP...or I am just talking crap??

The seras system has two parts to it, the 'new downloads' part and the 'archive part'. There's no visible difference between the two. It's just for better file management.

For example:
seras.fansub.tv (new downloads)
seras2.fansub.tv (archive... not active yet)

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back