#1 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:14 AM

Limited beta.

All accounts created before 2007 are now previewing the new anime series page. If there are no reported problems (or critical functionality missing) with it, then the new design for that section will go live!

user posted image

comments and suggestions welcomed
crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#2 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

It looks great Daft. I dont see anything vital missing. Is the front page getting a remodelling too?

#3 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

Well after checking out the series page to see it for myself, I have to say I like it. So far so good, but the only issue I have is one of the ad banners cutting into the one pic when you pick an episode to d/l. I thought I should let you know about that one.

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#4 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.
    I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.

Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004
    Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005
    Sempai in June 2006
    Fansub TV Team in October 2006
    10000th post in July 2011
    Fansub TV Leader in January 2011

Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (daft27 @ Aug 18 2010, 10:14 PM)
All accounts created before 2007

Wow! That makes a few of us feel old now doesn't it tongue.gif

As for the new layout the random image that appears as the banner for each anime is an interesting touch. Maybe for the screenshots there should be more than just one image each time? Otherwise, it definitely looks a lot cleaner than the original layout, especially considering all the "junk" that was on the side originally.

A bit off-topic, but I think the recommendations stuff needs to be fixed somehow since some recommendations for the series are a bit random at times. Same goes for descriptions, but I guess those are another set of projects at the moment.

Well after checking out the series page to see it for myself, I have to say I like it. So far so good, but the only issue I have is one of the ad banners cutting into the one pic when you pick an episode to d/l. I thought I should let you know about that one.

I'm not sure if clicking "hide advertisements" solves this problem or if adblockplus on firefox is preventing this. Screen shot please?

edit: wait, Kid-Wolf's account was created during 2007, I guess daft meant before 2008 maybe?

Edited by Kit-Tsukasa, 19 August 2010 - 06:31 AM.

#5 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

Can't really post a screenshot, but the link should explain it as long as you're not using FireFox, or any adblocker thingies.

http://anime.fansub....2114/K-ON!!/20/

#6 Primula

Primula

-プリムラ こいびと

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1937 posts
  • Interests:Anime, loli(lol), origami, game, drawing expecailly anime girl, computers, etc... making animated sig
    Girls in anime characteristic that I usually like. Kuudere, Tsundere,& certain unique type

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

i was like errr IT NOT THE SAME ANYMORE.... WHERE THE DANG STAFF OPTION TO fix an episode cause of a report of a troll episode... i found it later and put it on sleep for next ep sub release
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --> Posted Image<br/><br/><br />
<span><input type=button value="Show Spoiler" onclick="this.style.display='none'; this.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('span')[0].style.display = '';" style="font-size:10px"><span style="display: none"> Posted Image </span></span> <br/><br/><br />
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...CODE=4&MID=9346' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Posted Image</a><br/><br/><br />
Come check out the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://boards.fansub...pic=1429&st=100' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'><span style='color:green'>Gif Thread</span></a><br/><br/><br />
Ecchi Pic 1 Torrent...<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent..._pics_1.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 2 TORRENT!! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.datorrent...i Pic 2.torrent' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Torrent Link</a> Ecchi Pic 1-3 <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.fileqube....IAGnWeevm186537' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>YEAH!!!</a>

#7 JunMisugi

JunMisugi

-書籍の恋人

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3209 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

Good job Daft, it looks pretty good biggrin.gif . Like Warita already said I also don't see anything out of place or vital missing on the first look.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

Helen Keller

#8 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Aug 19 2010, 02:27 AM)
edit: wait, Kid-Wolf's account was created during 2007, I guess daft meant before 2008 maybe?

Oh, all team members are set to preview the series page as well.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 19 2010, 02:16 AM)

Can you send a screenshot?
crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#9 khael

khael

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being M

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Location:Room 29A, 1232 Lightbringer Building Adversary St. cor. Queens St., 6th Circle Hellstown
  • Interests:Anime! And gaming! And money!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

Dude I can see it. Maybe all Sempais are set to preview it?
user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

If you're going to enforce rules, don't be a hypocrite. You know who you are.

Things to note when reading my posts:
I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.
Also, I ****ed YOU'RE mom.

#10 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Ok I this is what I'm talking about. I can't post up a screenshot, but hopefuly I can attach it instead.

*edit*

Ok this is what I'm talking about on the right side of the shot. I mean that ad is kind of cutting into the pic if you ask me.

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot.jpg

Edited by Kid-Wolf, 19 August 2010 - 04:27 PM.

#11 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (daft27 @ Aug 19 2010, 01:02 PM)

The picture looks very nice...
<cough>Sempais</cough>

tongue.gif

#12 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts

Sempai in June 2006

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 19 2010, 09:23 AM)
Ok this is what I'm talking about on the right side of the shot. I mean that ad is kind of cutting into the pic if you ask me.

yup definitely not seeing that on my browsers. Tried Firefox and Chrome already. I have no intention of trying Internet Explorer though.

Regardless, I do agree that it is a tad ugly if it happens to other users. Oh and the Di Gi Charat moe trend continues~

#13 daft27

daft27

-nya

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 19 2010, 12:23 PM)

what browser / platform?
crew.jpg
mostrespectedeh8.jpg

#14 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

I prefer using IE7 since I tried 8 and it just seems like it has too many things for me that I probably one use on my laptop anyways.

#15 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

Gave most of my comments on msn but I may have found a slight bug, the random image on the top of the series page is sometimes the full size image, i just got a k-on 1280x720 image, but its not scaled so most of the image is not visable, and its just like the bottom corner is visable, going to eat bw/slow the page load.

I noticed my avatar appears beside an empty post on the top of the discussion part, see pic:
user posted image
Not sure if thats intended or not, it kinda looks like a temptation to make a comment or post as the "add reply" button is there, so it looks kinda cool, but I think it would look more awesome if you used javascript to made a hidden div with the quick reply form, so they click it and the form drops out to write a post, without having to leave the page. I use that on my site for youtube and category edit forms, feel free to copy the script if useful. Or even just including the quick edit form already visable in the gap where a post would be.

A small suggestion for the user menu on the right, maybe add a link to the "sheduler editor" / koushin-editor.php

The Privacy and terms of use links are right on the buttom line, maybe adding a <br> to separate them from the browser's status bar.

Still think it looks awesome tho.

#16 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

About that avatar Maiku-san, I think that's to show that you are currently logged onto the site at time time, so it is able to show off your avatar no problem it would seem. So it's not just you there since I saw it too. I just thought it was something to show that you were online browsing the anime series.

Besides seeing things on this site changing might actually help bring in new members onto this site... at least I hope it should.

#17 perimiter

perimiter

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:anime,anime and more anime<br>metal,comp,TV,movies,drugs(just kidding),female race ect.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:42 AM

sleep.gif" i dont really like it but if you could add the shortcuts you had in the old version the one's that transfer you to animesuki then its ok with me.

P.s. if you want to make the site more populer then you need to do some thing with the licensed anime like maybe post the latest episode that came out with some pic but without the download links and just add the names of the teams that sub these anime.
i dont know how much is possible from what i just said but i would like to see that on the site.

Edited by perimiter, 23 August 2010 - 07:51 AM.

user posted image

#18 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Yes that's the only setback so far. Also, having a link setup for siad sub groups that get hosted onto this site might also be a good idea. I mean some most times they do a 480p and a 720p version and host it on thier very site. Not only that but it helps reduce the troll subs disgusing themselves as a legitamate sub group.

#19 khael

khael

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ being M

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Location:Room 29A, 1232 Lightbringer Building Adversary St. cor. Queens St., 6th Circle Hellstown
  • Interests:Anime! And gaming! And money!

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

The idea of linking to fansub homepages/ircs might indeed work. But by doing that, you're effectively advertising the fansubs. It could work but without the fansub groups in them that is, for the licensed series of course. As for the unlicensed ones, what Kid-Wolf said might work.
user posted image

"If it's for the sake of seeing others suffer, no effort is too great." ~Prince Baka

If you're going to enforce rules, don't be a hypocrite. You know who you are.

Things to note when reading my posts:
I have bad memory.
I'm like that anime character who's bad with names. I'm literally bad with names and faces.
I'm tired of political correctness/correctness in general, screw that, this is the internet.
Spelling liek dis doesn't necessitate illiteracy. U call it linguistic anarchy i.e. being lazy.
Also, I ****ed YOU'RE mom.

#20 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts

Sempai in June 2006

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (perimiter @ Aug 23 2010, 12:42 AM)
P.s. if you want to make the site more populer then you need to do some thing with the licensed anime like maybe post the latest episode that came out with some pic but without the download links and just add the names of the teams that sub these anime.
i dont know how much is possible from what i just said but i would like to see that on the site.

The point of not posting fansub group names for licensed series at all is because a simple google search will often provide you with the group's website, irc channel, or even a torrent link. This alone defeats the purpose of supporting the companies that license titles.

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Aug 23 2010, 12:50 AM)
Also, having a link setup for siad sub groups that get hosted onto this site might also be a good idea.

See thread in sempai/mod forum regarding new "project". I recall daft also working on this or at least on his to-do list about a year ago tongue.gif

Not only that but it helps reduce the troll subs disgusing themselves as a legitamate sub group.

If there was a way to implement a filter into the server, it would be great, but I doubt that's possible..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users