Pupa

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: pupa
Japanese: ピューパ
Airing date: 9/1/2014 (TV series 12 short length episodes)
Genres: Horror, Fantasy, Psychological, Shounen
Original creator: Sayaka Mogi
Director: Tomomi Mochizuki
Music by: Konishi Kayo and Yukio Kondo (MOKA☆)
Character designer: Maki Fujii
Studio: Studio Deen
Produced by: Earth Star Entertainment and Pupa Production Committee
Network: SUN, Tokyo MX
Opening theme: "pupa" by Ibuki Kido and Erii Yamazaki
Ending theme: "Dare yori Suki na no ni (誰より好きなのに)" by Kusuma Sisters (Yurika Kurosawa, Minato Wakasa and Haruna Usui)

Main cast: Utsutsu Hasegawa (長谷川 現) voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki and Mariya Ise (young)
Yume Hasegawa (長谷川 夢) voiced by Ibuki Kido
Shirō Onijima (鬼島 四郎) voiced by Kōji Yusa
Ai Imari / Maria (伊万里 愛 / マリア) voiced by Kyōko Narumi

Supporting cast: Hotoki (仏木) voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda
Sachiko Hasegawa (長谷川 幸子) voiced by Mamiko Noto
Yūhei Arita (有田 雄平) voiced by Shiori Mikami (young)
Arita sisters (有田 三姉妹) voiced by Yurika Kurosawa
Imagine-nation review: http://torrents.animes-bg.com/download.php...20x264).torrent
TV series PVs:
Official websites:

Synopsis: The "life-and-death sibling" story follows Utsutsu and Yume Hasegawa, a boy and his little sister who find themselves all alone. One day, Yume sees a mysterious red butterfly and her body undergoes a strange metamorphosis—into a creature that eats humans. Utsutsu struggles to find a way to restore his sister.

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Aug 02 2013, 02:51 AM)Pupa - dat premise.telling by that trailer above it'll be quite gory and disturbing to watch o_O it was perfect in halloween but is delayed, because apparently they'll air it uncensored ¬¬ looking forward to see tomorrow how 'terrific' is ep.1; Ex very low - PS 5/10

QUOTE (Ausdoerrt @ Jan 16 2014, 01:25 PM)pupa - through a fault of my own, admittedly. I expected this to be a full-on series. With 5-minute eps, half of which are made up of OP and ED, this will lack the level of detail it needs to make the story interesting.quite a letdown for me to see the first episodes because it doesn't have enough impact being shortened, now i get why 8 were screened as a 'marathon back in december' last year at a japanese theater... most likely had a positive feedback from fans because OP/EDs weren't shown in between, making them look like ''a normal length'' Tv ep :/ still its plot is more interesting than most short series
smile.gif

I think I'll wait until it's complete before watching it. This kind of thing in a three minute format would just be way too frustrating. Maybe when it's done some helpful person will cut them all together and make it easier still to watch. If not, I'm pretty adept at skipping OPs and EDs.
wink.gif

I'm watching it weekly because of that evil hottie in black o_O yup it'll be better with episodes put together, also a single OP&ED like it was done with Puchimas which was shorter but aired almost daily... i'm ok with short eps. about comedy but their length ruin serious genres like terror or psychological, i would prefer if studio Deen did like Toei airing 3 of Robot Girls Z at once (25 minutes montly)
smile.gif

no matter the censored bits these latest 2 episodes were quite shocking to see, now makes sense why Utsutsu had scars before Yume transforms in a monster because she was born a man-eater already o.0... btw Happy Valentine's Day! ;p
i'm surprised it was reviewed in NHK World but they did with SnK so why not?
wink.gif

Just got around to this one. Not going to talk about the gore, that's already been covered here and frankly I've seen worse. I thought the story had potential but the abbreviated format really hurt in that department. A lot of unanswered questions and no resolution. Would have been much better as a full series in the standard format.

~souchan~

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back