Kimi no Iru Machi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council
Kimi no Iru Machi OVAs/OADs, Suzuka's spin-off
Iru_machi_anime.jpg
Kimi-no-Iru-Machi.jpg

Title: A Town Where You Live Twilight Journey
Japanese: 君のいる町 黄昏交差点
Release date: 16/03/2012 & 15/06/2012 (OVA series 2 episodes)
Genre: Romantic comedy
Original creator: Kouji Seo
Director: Hiroshi Kobayashi
Character designer: Ryusuke Chayama
Chief animation director: Akira Takata
Sound effects by: Michihiro Ito
Studio: Tatsunoko Productions
Ending theme: "Tasogare Kousaten (黄昏交差点)" by Erina Mano
Main cast: Yuzuki Eba (枝葉 柚希) voiced by Megumi Nakajima
Haruto Kirishima (桐島 青大) by Miyuki Sawashiro and Yoshimasa Hosoya
Rin Eba (枝葉 凛) voiced by Aoi Yuuki
Akari Kaga (加賀 月) voiced by Nana Kouno
Nanami Kanzaki (神咲 七海) voiced by Saori Hayami
Takashi Yura (由良 尊) voiced by Toshiki Masuda
Haruna Koba (古葉 遥奈)
Kotone Kikukawa (菊川 琴音)
OAD PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWjCltFvy74

Synopsis: A Town Where You Live is an ongoing Japanese manga written and illustrated by Kouji Seo (18 volumes). The series takes place in Seo's hometown and is a character-driven romance set in the same universe and takes place few years after the events of the manga and anime series Suzuka. It follows Haruto Kirishima, a self-conscious teenager, and Yuzuki Eba, an extroverted teenage girl who moves from Tokyo into the Kirishima family's home in Hiroshima Prefecture to attend high school. Given that Haruto's father is an acquaintance of Yuzuki's father, the Kirishima's take her into their home. Haruto is not keen of the situation because he believes that Yuzuki is a complete stranger and that a girl his same age, who is not a relative, living in the same home will cause complications for him.

Necropinion: back in 2005 I watched Suzuka before registering here and didn't post about it until now that its first OAD spinoff was recently subbed so if you liked the series, or expected a new animated adaptation following the story as people mentioned in this thread many years ago then Kimi no Iru Machi will not disappoint you... but in case you didn't watch Suzuka yet it's not absolutely necessary if you guys don't want to bother marathoning it and start with the 2 OADs instead, anyway the second one will be released until june so still there is plenty of time to finish its 26 eps. meanwhile
wink.gif

Kimi no Iru Machi TV series, can a mod please split these last two posts and move them to a new thread with the title "Kimi no Iru Machi"? thanks in advance ^^ (done & done
smile.gif
- julez)

Airing date: 13/07/2013 (TV series 12 episodes)
Genres: Romance, Drama
Original creator: Kōji Seo
Director: Shigeyasu Yamauchi
Written by: Reiko Yoshida
Music by: Keiichi Oku
Character designer: Terumi Nishii
Studio: Gonzo
Network: TV Tokyo
Opening theme: "Sentimental Love (センチメンタルラブ)" by Mimimeme MIMI
1st ED theme: "Kimi no Iru Machi" by Haruto Kirishima (Yoshimasa Hosoya)
2nd ED theme: "Dear friend" by Kyouhei Kazama (Daisuke Ono)

Main cast: Haruto Kirishima (桐島 青大) voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya
Yuzuki Eba (枝葉 柚希) voiced by Megumi Nakajima
Asuka Mishima (御島 明日香) voiced by Ayane Sakura
Kyousuke Kazama (風間 恭輔) voiced by Daisuke Ono
Aoi Kirishima (桐島 葵) voiced by Chiaki Takahashi

Rin Eba (枝葉 凛) voiced by Saki Fujita
Nanami Kanzaki (神咲 七海) voiced by Yuki Takao
Akari Kaga (加賀 月) voiced by Nana Takano
Takashi Yura (由良 尊) voiced by Toshiki Masuda
Kiyomi Asakura (朝倉 清美) voiced by Aya Endo
Mina Nagoshi (夏越 美奈) voiced by Sayuri Yahagi
Narumi Kanzaki (神咲 成海)
Kotone Kikukawa (菊川 琴音)
Miyu Hoshina (保科 美夕)
TV series spot 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18QDEt3DJgo
TV series spot 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vnfZx4xpI
TV series PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN9XjSJUhmU
Official website: http://www.kiminoirumachi.com/

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jun 27 2013, 08:01 AM)(done & done
smile.gif
- julez)arigatou ^^ also thanks to Senpai-kun for the heads-up, so in other words is recommended to watch the 2 OVAs before the first TV ep... after watching it I guess I liked more how Tatsunoko animated that OVA series, compared to Gonzo here so i hope next eps get better; Ex: low - PS 6/10

This post has been edited by julezia on Jun 27 2013, 10:17 AM

I watched the first episode recently and thought it might be helpful to give a little heads up to the people here who are planning on watching Kimi no Iru Machi. The anime starts pretty deep into the actual story. In fact, the anime story starts at chapter 80 of the manga storyline?! Ya, sounds kinda odd huh. Now I don't think this is a reason to have a freakout moment (complete w/violent spasms, haha) like many manga readers are probably doing.

If you want some immediate background on the story you can checkout the OVA series (Kimi no Iru Machi: Tasogare Kousaten) first if you haven't done so already. Do I think that is absolutely necessary? Umm no, if you haven't seen the OVA yet than I would instead invest my time in reading those first 80 chapters of the manga. They tell soooo much more of the story than the OVA series covers. But if (understandably) you don't have the free time to read that many manga chapters there still maybe a silver lining and that is episode 2 seems to go into flashbacks of how the main characters story/romance evolved. You're not gonna get 80 chapters full of romance development like you would reading the manga but at least you won't be completely in the dark and confused about why Haruto is now in Tokyo in search of a girl.

Okay that's about it for my Kimi no Iru Machi errrr public service announcement
wink.gif

I was planning on watching this.... thanks for the heads up. I'm really disappointed to hear this news because I was looking forward to it. I don' think the OVA can possible cover all the material that's in 80 chapters... so I guess I will read it when I have time and watch the anime later on. :/

This really is a shame, what were they thinking?!

Judging by where the anime starts, i can already tell where it will end.

im sure its going to cover all the stuff with Asuka and Haruto's short relationship. Then go over all the fighting kyousuke over Eba and eventually when Kyousuke dies and the grieving period ends , Eba and Haruto will finally get together and live happily ever after.

QUOTE (ysef200 @ Jul 17 2013, 06:55 PM) Judging by where the anime starts, i can already tell where it will end.

im sure its going to cover all the stuff with Asuka and Haruto's short relationship. Then go over all the fighting kyousuke over Eba and eventually when Kyousuke dies and the grieving period ends , Eba and Haruto will finally get together and live happily ever after.
All pretty predictable/re-hashed/run-of-the-mill stuff and one of the many major reasons I dropped this one after watching episode one...liked the OVAS though but to heck with the rest.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 17 2013, 09:54 PM)All pretty predictable/re-hashed/run-of-the-mill stuff and one of the many major reasons I dropped this one after watching episode one...liked the OVAS though but to heck with the rest. 
rolleyes.gif

I would say that if you read the manga storyline as events unfolded you wouldn't think it was too predictable. There aren't many drama-romance genre manga that get adapted into anime that aren't shoujo nowadays. Kimi no Iru Machi was one of the highest rated manga for a very long time on most of the major manga sites like Mangafox (usually around 3-4 million monthly views which is consistently top 5-10 out of all manga), Mangareader, Mangahere etc. So basically it was crazy popular. Not that many people would have continued to read it for several years if was just run-of-the-mill stuff. Though I suppose you can counter that if you have read one romance-drama-centric story you can say that you've read them all basically. Since after all the main jest of the plot is about people falling in love and building relationships.

Anyways don't want this to turn into an *Attack on Titan* like discussion with you where you say everything is predictable that you don't care for and I attempt to have a failed from the beginning discussion with you that's a complete waste of both our times (insert bangs head upside wall emoticon)! Haha those are always good times
wink.gif

QUOTE (ysef200 @ Jul 17 2013, 08:55 PM)Judging by where the anime starts, i can already tell where it will end.

Yep, that's probably all true if the anime ends after that arc which in high likely hood it will. Although the manga is still on-going so who knows how the story will actually end for sure. But I would strongly advise not to click on that s-tag since it contains a major spoiler if you haven't read the manga.

QUOTE (julezia @ Jul 15 2013, 10:07 PM)I was planning on watching this.... thanks for the heads up. I'm really disappointed to hear this news because I was looking forward to it. I don' think the OVA can possible cover all the material that's in 80 chapters... so I guess I will read it when I have time and watch the anime later on. :/

This really is a shame, what were they thinking?!
If I had to make an educated guess... being as highly educated as I am
cool.gif
okay maybe more so this one
rolleyes.gif
would have been a better choice. I think that they might have feared they wouldn't have gotten the green-light to animate a substantial portion of the manga material. Eighty chapters is quite a bit to animate and we could possibly be talking maybe two full 24-episodic TV anime seasons to cover that. With that in mind I think they ultimately made the decision that they would start at the second major storyline arc since it contains the most dramatic (at least singular scene) story-telling of the manga. However it does feel like the cheap route to go though to leave out such a huge chunk of the beginning of a story. If I were the mangaka I would have been adamantly against this but in reality if somebody was writing me a fat check my purist-hardline stance might quickly loosen $$$$$$$$ xD.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jul 14 2013, 12:11 PM)They tell soooo much more of the story than the OVA series covers. But if (understandably) you don't have the free time to read that many manga chapters there still maybe a silver lining and that is episode 2 seems to go into flashbacks of how the main characters story/romance evolved.
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jul 18 2013, 10:00 AM)Anyways don't want this to turn into an *Attack on Titan* like discussion with you where you say everything is predictable that you don't care for and I attempt to have a failed from the beginning discussion with you that's a complete waste of both our times (insert bangs head upside wall emoticon)! Haha those are always good times
wink.gif
LOL I appreciate your advice ^^ then I'll make sure here and the one about Shingeki no Kyojin aren't ruined like that, for me and everyone else who are still interested to see both ¬¬ this reminds me something similar happened in Kokoro Connect... but it turned out quite good instead ;p so as you predicted by ep.1 PV the TV series has some flashbacks like the OVAs, if it's not so much trouble for you remembering the manga which chapters they skipped in ep.2?
smile.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 21 2013, 03:00 AM) LOL I appreciate your advice ^^ then I'll make sure here and the one about Shingeki no Kyojin aren't ruined like that, for me and everyone else who are still interested to see both ¬¬ this reminds me something similar happened in Kokoro Connect... but it turned out quite good instead ;p so as you predicted by ep.1 PV the TV series has some flashbacks like the OVAs, if it's not so much trouble for you remembering the manga which chapters they skipped in ep.2?
smile.gif

Ah well the Attack on Titan comment was just a fun poke at a long time nakama since we seem to have differing opinions on one of the main characters. So ya it wasn't directed at others in the FTV masses.

The entirety of episode 2 was a flashback (It looks like from previews that might be the case with the third as well). So basically the flashback episode covered chapters 1-5 of the manga. If you watch the episode you can go back and read those first five chapters and see (umm really get a feel for) if you think they left out too much or was it covered satisfactorily.

I don't really want to sway anybody with how I felt about the flashback either way. I would say it's probably just best to judge for oneself. The only thing I will say is that in the manga Eba comes off as a bit more playful x mischievous towards Haruto (w/the additional scenes). Eh how to put it into the proper context... she's more of a ****tease xD... but like a spoonful of sugar... in a most delightful way haha. Though one interesting thing of note is that the voice actors for some of the characters use a pronounced country-esque dialect. It makes it feel like they're actually from that small town.

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jul 21 2013, 09:00 AM)Ah well the Attack on Titan comment was just a fun poke at a long time nakama.

Ossan, thanks for the attaboy...appreciate it.
smiley-pope-38x32_zpsb971bae6.gif
You know as well as I do in the world of the Internet one can never be too careful as to whether one is trolled, rolled, or cut out...and here I thought you were tossing me out to the dogs...I speak from the heart in your proving me wrong.
tongue.gif

But I digress...in all fairness to my fine anime evaluating/watching reputation, I did try to like this one and actually looked forward to the series only to be disappointed. I did enjoy the OVAS though and tried reading some of the manga but lost interest.

In my attempts to read and to watch the first episode, no matter that it was deemed popular, hoping the "get her back routine" would keep me interested, that old familiar feeling came back...the one that tells me "been there, done that" and well, in all anime honesty, it had to go. You already know that if an anime does not get me on the first try...well...
So there it is, my long time nakama, I tried and failed and moved on.

Have fun watching though!

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jul 21 2013, 05:41 PM)Ossan, thanks for the attaboy...appreciate it.
smiley-pope-38x32_zpsb971bae6.gif
  You know as well as I do in the world of the Internet one can never be too careful as to whether one is trolled, rolled or cut out...and here I thought you were tossing me out to the dogs...I speak from the heart in your proving me wrong.
tongue.gif

But I digress...in all fairness to my fine anime evaluating/watching reputation, I did try to like this one and actually looked forward to the series only to be disappointed. I did enjoy the OVAS though and tried reading some of the manga but lost interest.

In my attempts to read and to watch the first episode, no matter that it was deemed popular, hoping the "get her back routine" would keep me interested, that old familiar feeling came back...the one that tells me "been there, done that" and well, in all anime honesty, it had to go. You already know that if an anime does not get me on the first try...well...
So there it is, my long time nakama, I tried and failed and moved on.

Have fun watching though!
Yep it's all in good fun and jest. I've always been one to respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Hey if we didn't all have different perspectives etc. than there wouldn't be much worth debating in the first place.

Just for the record though by no means am I trying to champion this as a potential all time great anime if it came off that way. The funny thing is I originally had no real intention of posting in this thread until I watched the first episode and decided to fill in others who might watch this series. I was really just going to post about One Piece because I was all hype and whatnot about the latest happenings. I stopped by a few other threads afterwards for old time's sake but I think I'm about burnt out again
unsure.gif
posting just doesn't hold the same appeal that it used too. It's hard to get any worthwhile quality x meaningful discussion points going and things get pretty blah *yawns* fast.

QUOTE Just for the record though by no means am I trying to champion this as a potential all time great anime if it came off that way.
Oh I know that.
wink.gif
For me, the best romantic anime was the one and only old skool series, Hana Yori Dango.
One of the turnoffs right off the bat with this series is the female character who comes off like she's a constipated tsun-tsun girl who barges in thinking she has rights to Haruto-kun's sissy's apartment...whatever.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE I stopped by a few other threads afterwards for old time's sake but I think I'm about burnt out again
unsure.gif
posting just doesn't hold the same appeal that it used too. It's hard to get any worthwhile quality x meaningful discussion points going and things get pretty blah *yawns* fast.
I know exactly what you mean.
rolleyes.gif
Anyway, see you on the other side.
wink.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jul 21 2013, 11:00 AM)The only thing I will say is that in the manga Eba comes off as a bit more playful x mischievous towards Haruto (w/the additional scenes). Eh how to put it into the proper context... she's more of a ****tease xD... but like a spoonful of sugar... in a most delightful way haha. Though one interesting thing of note is that the voice actors for some of the characters use a pronounced country-esque dialect. It makes it feel like they're actually from that small town.
QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jul 21 2013, 07:10 PM)The funny thing is I originally had no real intention of posting in this thread until I watched the first episode and decided to fill in others who might watch this series. I was really just going to post about One Piece because I was all hype and whatnot about the latest happenings. I stopped by a few other threads afterwards for old time's sake but I think I'm about burnt out again
unsure.gif
posting just doesn't hold the same appeal that it used too. It's hard to get any worthwhile quality x meaningful discussion points going and things get pretty blah *yawns* fastthat's ok ;p after all it's up to you when you wanna post and nothing can force you to do so here or somewhere else, about ep.3 you were right again with the flashback but this time was less common and the way this adaptation is developing similar to the series "I"s Pure"... now is clear that Eba is a ****tease when Haruto remembers the first time she kissed him so i think she's lying about going out with a guy in the present time, because she was jealous after looking at him with a girl in that haunted house -.- also noticed on the desk he was touching a carved 'SuzukaxYamato'
tongue.gif

I tried, but can't watch this....

I remember screaming to myself as I read the Manga, "AKARI!!! AKARI-AKARI-AKARI-AKARI!!!!! Haruto, YOU IDIOT!!!!!! Go out with Akari!!!!

Eba: "Baggage-Chan"
Asuka: "Best-Friend-Chan" Don't mess with that. You'll have no one to go to that gives a crap about you if you mess up with her! Akari won't want to hear about it.... (And rightfully-so!)
Nanami: "Suzuka-clone-Chan" A bit of flash, but no substance to keep things going.
Rin: "Masked Feelings-Chan" So busy trying to "play" with other people's minds and lives that she doesn't really ever open up to anyone unless something catastrophic happens.
Aoi: "Too Good For You-Chan" Haruto isn't even in the same sport, much less league as Aoi. He could never deserve her even when is isn't being a d*ck to everyone around him. (Which isn't that often.)

Apologies if this seems a bit harsh, but I've never read a manga where I found myself truly loathing the main protagonist like I do with Haruto...

DO NOT read this spoiler if you haven't read the Manga, or are someone who hates knowing what's coming, as this pretty-much sums-it-up for me.

Trying to steal your "ex" back from a guy who befriended you earnestly, and is on his death-bed just because YOU decided that you are "destined to be together"? I don't care that Haruto tried to justify his giving the guy "something to fight for" and turning him to a girl who TRULY loved/idolized him as being kindness... In the end, the poor guy didn't get to make the kind of memories with the girl HE loved without dealing with all of Haruto's CRAP getting in the way. HE was the one who was dying, not Haruto, and NOT Eba. She made her decision, and he should have respected it as he should have respected her. How RUDE is it for Haruto to decide for Eba that he knows what's better for Eba than Eba does herself?

SO not liking that guy no matter how you try and "Days Of Our Lives" romance-spin it! He basically makes EVERY girl in the cast cry tears of gut-wrenching anguish directly caused by him at some point or another!

QUOTE (Repede @ Jul 31 2013, 03:20 PM)Ugh, this manga really pissed me off.
QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Jul 30 2013, 03:57 PM)I tried, but can't watch this....

Apologies if this seems a bit harsh, but I've never read a manga where I found myself truly loathing the main protagonist like I do with Haruto..you guys too? now I'm even more curious to find out and see it for myself xD no wonder it's the same mangaka from Suzuka, it reminds me a lot of people insulted her but still I don't think that Haruto can be hated as much as err Makoto from School Days?... though i started to hate Ebaggage-chan after watching ep.4 :/ as he suspects there is something fishy with her ill biker boyfriend, are they really going out? doing it to make him jealous or leave her alone? why many cats? when is the real 3some?
laugh.gif

alright with episodes 5 and 6 i changed my mind about this series gradually getting more interesting, many issues make sense after revealing what its main cast went throught since they were younger... now is a love triangle war declared by Yamato instead of giving up to 'take' Eba away from Kazama, though he has only a year of life -.- is this going to be more intense or more frustrating than Suzuka? or both? ;P
tumblr_ms9ftdST3Q1rw1wnno1_250.gif
tumblr_ms9ftdST3Q1rw1wnno2_250.gif
just in case you guys think there aren't enough cats in this series here are more
tongue.gif

it's kinda predictable from the start. but somehow I was hoping he could stay faithful to his kanojo
sad.gif
after all, Eba was the one who abandoned him, also she had no reasons after kazama died, it really made me angry >_< I mean if he s still in luv with Eba , why did he tk a gf?!! it's so sad to hurt her this way.
blink.gif

It played with my nerves but still it's a good series an I really enjoyed it
smile.gif

I concur this series isn't as bad as I expected at first but what bothers me were their frequent close ups, specially how much they rushed the adaptation in only 12 tv episodes from 27 manga volumes... the same happened in a prequel OVA subbed last week about Haruto's childhood friend Akari, his 1st crush before he falls in love with Yuzuki but still I'll see the finale to be released this month
happy.gif

just saw the finale subbed :/ i wonder if they'll animate the sequel Fuuka next...

Suzuka (TV series 26 episodes) summer to fall 2005 - 8/10
Kimi no Iru Machi: Tasogare Kousaten (2 OVA eps) winter to spring 2012 - 7/10
KnIM (TV series 12 episodes) summer 2013 - 6/10
KnIM: Uchi ga Kita Machi (3rd OVA bundled with manga 26) winter 2014 - 7/10
KnIM: In the Place of Promise (4th OVA w/manga 27) spring 2014 - 6/10

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back