68 replies to this topic

#41 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:59 AM

Epi 7. The meat of the story begins. That gives them 5 episodes to run through the reason for the series. I predict there will be a second season, mostly because there is a lot of room to bring more storyline in. I am betting on the fact that Shibasaki already knew that they guy that was hitting on her was a spy.  I think the next episode is going to entail how Kasahara deals with the fact that she and Tezuka inadvertently assisted in illegally disposing of books by helping out the guy that did the act in the hallway at the library.

#42 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3619 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

Yes it does look like we are going to get into an actual arch of sorts here. We got a look inside Tezuka's background and was introduced to his brother. Tezuka seems to be at odds with him because he betrayed the family or washed his hands of them. I'm not entirely for sure what his end game is but bringing Tezuka into the fold is something that seems high on his list.

Most of episode 7 was about Shibasaki who becomes more intriguing each eppy in my opinion. She seems to be really on guard around guys either that or she is just very stingy lol. At first I thought the guy was pursuing her on a romantic level and she eventually started to warm up to him. Though like mowerman said he ended up being a spy (I thought he was a reporter?). Now Kasa is accused of aiding the old guy at the beginning in disposing of the books and of course Dojo had a freakout moment dry.gif Somehow I haven't embraced his character at least not like Kasa. Maybe it's because he's had a very limited role these past few episodes. Plus his character doesn't seem to have much depth. He sympathizes with Kasa and then yells at her & well not sure what else at this point.

#43 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

Episode 7 made my head spin actually. I mean, I understood what it was actually about it. But I felt that the events were a little disjointed. I guess I'm used to TS to be more fluid on shifting scenes than this episode. I'm thinking that the everything in this episode would be ironed out on succeeding ones. I think this is going to lead on until the end (eppy 11 or 12???).

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ May 29 2008, 11:52 AM)
Somehow I haven't embraced his character at least not like Kasa. Maybe it's because he's had a very limited role these past few episodes. Plus his character doesn't seem to have much depth. He sympathizes with Kasa and then yells at her & well not sure what else at this point.

I actually think the opposite. (Of course, I'm very disappointed that Dojo only appeared on the last four minutes of the episode.) It's been emphasized a lot about how Kasa is a lot like Dojo when he was younger (fully emphasized on episode 6). And I think that his constant getting angry with her is pointed to that he gets mad at the things that he didn't like about himself and that he's trying to ensure that Kasa won't fall into that. Although there are other people (like me!) who see it as a romantic jumppoint (because I'm a shoujo lover first and foremost) biggrin.gif

#44 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hehe, I seen epi 8. Not bad. I had the feeling all along that the Lt was the hero that Kasahara had romanticized about since she was a little girl.  Now to see where that goes biggrin.gif  It all fits in with how badly she gets under his skin, because they are so alike. biggrin.gif  Unfortunately, Shibasaki didn't realize that the guy hitting on her was a spy till Tezuka told her who it was, but she took it in good stride and with grace.  I rather like how she slapped him in the face with it though.  It looks like either a good friendship or a deeper relationship might form between Tezuka and Shibasaki.  Will have to watch for the byplay there.  It might be next season before we find the answer to that one though, if there is a next season.

#45 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Mowerman @ Jun 04 2008, 10:18 AM)
Hehe, I seen epi 8. Not bad. I had the feeling all along that the Lt was the hero that Kasahara had romanticized about since she was a little girl.  Now to see where that goes biggrin.gif   It all fits in with how badly she gets under his skin, because they are so alike. biggrin.gif  Unfortunately, Shibasaki didn't realize that the guy hitting on her was a spy till Tezuka told her who it was, but she took it in good stride and with grace.  I rather like how she slapped him in the face with it though.  It looks like either a good friendship or a deeper relationship might form between Tezuka and Shibasaki.  Will have to watch for the byplay there.  It might be next season before we find the answer to that one though, if there is a next season.

Yeah I agree there seems to be some chemistry between Tezuka and Shibasaki.

I especially liked how she (Shibasaki) said she can even sleep with him (spy) if was necessary tongue.gif
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#46 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3619 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Jun 05 2008, 10:05 AM)
Yeah I agree there seems to be some chemistry between Tezuka and Shibasaki.

I especially liked how she (Shibasaki) said she can even sleep with him (spy) if was necessary tongue.gif

Yeah I lmao that was the line of the episode XD. Though it looks to me like they needed to pair Shibasaki up with someone and the best they could potentially come up with was Tezuka?! (talk about lacking in the personality department I feel sorry for her) I also have to admit that for some reason it just felt cheap when Tezuka's aniki revealed that Kasa's prince charming was none other than Dojo dry.gif Yesss biankita I know you were eating that up (shoujo love tongue.gif XD). Plus wasn't the prince charming guy much taller in the flashbacks??? *crosses fingers and hopes that it was one big misunderstanding* lol.

#47 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:48 AM

i agree that it was majorly disappointing that they would pair shibasaki with tezuka... i actually thought that she would be paired up with komaki - just two secondary characters who just like looking after and laughing at the two badly tempered bakas. happy.gif and here i actually thought that tezuka admitted to be slightly inclined to being gay hahaha biggrin.gif

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jun 07 2008, 04:24 PM)
I also have to admit that for some reason it just felt cheap when Tezuka's aniki revealed that Kasa's prince charming was none other than Dojo  Yesss biankita I know you were eating that up (shoujo love  XD). Plus wasn't the prince charming guy much taller in the flashbacks??? *crosses fingers and hopes that it was one big misunderstanding* lol.

senpai-kun... don't care!!! *loves shoujo fluffy goodness*

based on episode 9 raws, it wasn't. he is the prince. i think satoshi cheapened it because kasahara humiliated her. the episode was very sweet and i kept watching it over and over for all the cheese that wasn't cheese- sub group typesetting... so long! :'( there are also more interesting shibasaki and tezuka moments that kinda made me think that the two are more friends than a potential couple. .

actually, i made some wishful thinking that prince charming would be dojo, but now that it happened, i was slightly disappointed and thought it would have been much more interesting if it was someone else like genda or inamine. as for prince charming seemingly taller in flashbacks, i always thought it was because in kasahara's visions, her prince charming would be someone who is "larger than life". but that's just me... although, i smell a let down on the storyline since i see this season ending with internal conflict within the library corps rather than actual battling the media enhancement committee --- season two???

#48 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (senpai-kun @ Jun 07 2008, 04:24 PM)
Yeah I lmao that was the line of the episode XD. Though it looks to me like they needed to pair Shibasaki up with someone and the best they could potentially come up with was Tezuka?! (talk about lacking in the personality department I feel sorry for her) I also have to admit that for some reason it just felt cheap when Tezuka's aniki revealed that Kasa's prince charming was none other than Dojo dry.gif Yesss biankita I know you were eating that up (shoujo love tongue.gif XD). Plus wasn't the prince charming guy much taller in the flashbacks??? *crosses fingers and hopes that it was one big misunderstanding* lol.

You have to remember she was a lot younger then too, so size may be proportional. She just had a growth spurt that put her a head taller then him biggrin.gif.

#49 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:39 AM

Finally got around to watch a subbed version of episode 9.

I'm really glad about how the "confession" was made out. I mean, if Kashara told Dojo straight out that she knew that he was her prince, I would have hated it because it would have gone downhill from there because like most rom-com anime, they tend to become boring and cheesy after that. But I love how she declared that she will be giving up on her Prince Charming and will just try to impress her superior officer instead.

*fangurl mosde, fangurl mode* laugh.gif

#50 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3619 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (biankita @ Jun 11 2008, 01:39 AM)
*fangurl mosde, fangurl mode*  laugh.gif

Omg I was like noooooooo! fangirls are eating this up and surely enough biankita you reaffirmed my greatest fear tongue.gif XD. Putting that aside, I was a bit confused on what exam they were taking (officer exam... did Kasa level up?) There were a ton of great screenshots from episode 9 and I helped myself to several of them just for fun and kicks.

My favorite one was Kasa's image of Shibasaki as supreme ruler over the library corps lmao.
user posted image

Tezuka loves kids!
user posted image

Kasa hip toss on Dojo?!
user posted image

#51 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:19 PM

senpai-kun... of course we (fangirls) would be! how could we not with this episode??? all kasadojo fangirls have been at it since that walking through the rain to get her scene in episode 8. if we bottled it up, we could solve the oil crisis.

as for the results of the promotion exam??? i will get back to you... i will have to ask a quasi-friend who i call in my head lucky-**tch-who-can-read-japanese-who-read-the-novel.

#52 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3619 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:22 AM

The pace of this anime is sorta strange. After last episode, biankita and her legion of clone army fangirls go crazy lmao, & so you would expect a follow up Kasa X Dojo lovu lovu episode. That was not the case at all here. Episode 10 turned into a Kasa hazing episode?! She was in charge of whipping into shape a bunch of pansy library defense corps girlie's in another library around her hometown. These women had been beaten into submission by Operations Division chicks (Shibasaki wannabees dry.gif ). They had this dynamic working where the the Operations Division outnumbered the Defense Corps by like 15 to 80 something?! Anywho, they did not like Kasa stepping onto their turf and hazed her for the majority of the episode. Though after getting patted on the head, Dojo threw her a bone (aww puppy love fangirls go crazy! shoujo! shoujo! haha), she put those Operations Division chicks back in their respective places.

side-note: The whole not having her mom know fiasco was finally put to bed this episode. Now she can tomboy around all she wants lol. Oh and it seems like Shibasaki is falling for eh Tezuka?! Personality wise it's gonna be hard for him to keep up w/that firecracker (hot and explosive kaboom! XD) oh boy that was kinda lame...

#53 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

I think you have the method wrong but the means are still the same. The Library's Chief was a pacifist who drilled it into her subordinates to have the attitude that the Defense Force was not necessary and therefore perma-hazing occured.  However, the reciprocation of the actions of the Library Operations Division's acts started at the bottom and worked their way up, which turned out to be a good thing because the Defense Forces were able to take charge of the situation before the two leaders met, effectively ending the Chief Librarian's aggressive pacifist policies prior to her being approached with the promise that she would receive punitive actions for her behavior. I really hate Pacifistic/Aggressive people, pretty much because of what happened in this episode. They make out like you are the bad guy and you can't put a finger on them because of evidence, usually, until they get out of hand, as they did involving Kasahara's parents. It was really apparent how this episode was going to go once it got to the hazing of Kasahara though.  I mean, there is no way ape woman would sit aside passively and let that go on.  She spent all the episodes up to now, pretty much getting in to the position she is in.

#54 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

actually, this is one of the things that i appreciate about the show. biggrin.gif

just watched episode 11 in raw. $%^^&*( If they killed who they made it look like they killed , I will have a witchfit.

#55 Marine-RX179

Marine-RX179

-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2892 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (biankita @ Jun 11 2008, 12:39 AM)
Finally got around to watch a subbed version of episode 9.

I'm really glad about how the "confession" was made out. I mean, if Kashara told Dojo straight out that she knew that he was her prince, I would have hated it because it would have gone downhill from there because like most rom-com anime, they tend to become boring and cheesy after that. But I love how she declared that she will be giving up on her Prince Charming and will just try to impress her superior officer instead.

*fangurl mosde, fangurl mode* laugh.gif

Yea...the interesting thing about episode 9 was regarding the misunderstanding between Dojo and Kasahara, it was mainly because they both acting in a tsundere manner...and we know we all love tsundere biggrin.gif

#56 MidoriAislinn

MidoriAislinn
  • Kouhais
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (biankita @ Jun 20 2008, 09:00 AM)
actually, this is one of the things that i appreciate about the show. biggrin.gif

just watched episode 11 in raw. $%^^&*( If they killed who they made it look like they killed , I will have a witchfit.

Oh wow, watched episode 11 in subs and I think they did. I mean if they did, that'd be so interesting. I wouldn't be completely surprised and I might even welcome it after finding out that Dojo was her prince. And it'd be a refreshing change from the usual shoujo-cheese but that isn't to say that I wouldn't be a little heartbroken.

#57 trespasser

trespasser

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:50 AM

Just finished 11 myself, I cannot believe how it ended. Out of all the things that could happen. Why that?! Ugh and to think that there isnt much more left either sad.gif
"Pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness. Thy actions cause men pain and suffering. Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins. How would you like to see what death is like?"
— Enma Ai, 'Jigoku Shōjo'

#58 biankita

biankita

-dono

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 05:45 AM

*cries* why are there some people who are rooting for a dead ending??? it's the last episode already... they could at least have a happy ending for the series protagonist.

this is one of the few anime where i am placed in an insane situation where i can laugh, cry, get mad, think and fangirl separately in a span of 23 minutes. i feel like a lunatic watching an episode but i enjoy it. the worst thing they can do is screw it up by killing off a pillar of the show.

by the way, there is no second season. this series was based on a four-volume light novel and they compressed all four novels on the 12 episodes. sad.

#59 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (biankita @ Jun 22 2008, 11:45 PM)
by the way, there is no second season. this series was based on a four-volume light novel and they compressed all four novels on the 12 episodes. sad.

That would explain the somewhat jumbled up story line. It doesn't look good for LT Doujou.  I think they will put at least one more episode in there.  To either confirm or deny whether Doujou is dead.  You simply can't leave this many strings hanging open to end a series, without plans for another season to close things up.

#60 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

Well if you take into account the opening of each episode (She seems to be mourning a lost)

It doesnt look good for Lt Doujou
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users