Ookiku FuriKabutte

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

DarkSkyLady

-moeagaru-loli
Retired
Ookiku-Furi-Kabutte.jpg

Title: Ookiku FuriKabutte
Japanese Title: おおきく振りかぶって
Genre: Sports
Premiere: April 4th, 2007
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures Inc.
Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Official Website: http://www.oofuri.com/

It's based off of a manga. Mihashi moves on to high school convinced he is a lousy baseball pitcher. There he meets the catcher Abe and the team manager Momoe who together work to make Mihashi and the team shine.

Couldn't find much else on this one.

QUOTE (DarkSkyLady @ Mar 03 2007, 05:28 AM)
Ookiku-Furi-Kabutte.jpg

Title: Ookiku FuriKabutte
Japanese Title: おおきく振りかぶって
Genre: Sports
Premiere: April 4th, 2007
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures Inc.
Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Official Website: http://www.oofuri.com/

It's based off of a manga. Mihashi moves on to high school convinced he is a lousy baseball pitcher. There he meets the catcher Abe and the team manager Momoe who together work to make Mihashi and the team shine.

Couldn't find much else on this one.
Hmmmmmmmm...........maybe not really the anime I usually watch but hey my good friend DarkSkyLady made this thread.........so I'll definitely try it. Its reminding me of like Hungry Heart, Asuza will Help (OVA), Stephen Chow's "Shaolin Soccer" and Mighty Ducks Movies with that idea of becoming the best.

Personally, I think the OverDrive sports anime will be better by being crazy, quirky, funny and its your basic Shonen package.

Cya

Well i just saw the first episode of this...dont know what to say yet tho. There was enough comic relief in it wich is always a plus
biggrin.gif

(need to watch at leasst 2-3 episodes b4 making an honest statement)

But it is a fact that the manga of this has won an award, the Osama Tekuza Culture Award.

Dont know however how it will compare to MAJOR, wich i really,really like.
Think this is more about interpersonal relationsships and character than Major. But i simply love MAJOR (one my fav sports animes ever)

Oh man the main character guy *pitcher* is such as wuss it was almost hard to stomach. The catcher and the rest of the gang have got their work cut out for them trying to help him grow a pair because i'm not sure he had any to begin with. His old team must have done a real number on him. His mentality is all screwed up. You just know when he gets in his first real game action he is gonna fold something fierce. Well that would be the most realistic approach but this is an anime and you never know. I gotta see some more episodes before i can give any real breakdown X analysis. One eppy just isn't enough when you are just table setting with no real standout scenes.

i do kinda like how its on a different side than major, who after all his constant bickering finally figures out he isn't the only one playing baseball.

i do like how this main character doesn't see his ability it could turn out really good and is a break from major which i do really really like but it the same thing every season
1. change teams to defeat better team
2. get to some point that after u stop acting like a one person team that there are a total of 9 ppl on field
3. train train and some conflict
4. defeat the better team by some new tatic

although i do like it it does get on my nerves so i do like this new baseball show and hope it sticks around longer and hopfully is subed faster but you can't be pickey

i like all sport anime and dis is one of the animes i like even tho they take forever to come out with a new ep

There are English summaries available at The Scrumptious Anime Blog starting from episode 1 till the latest, episode 08

Yeah but there is a limit to how big of a wuss you can be. Ren is always crying and it is beyond annoying. I could barely stand to watch the last episode the waterworks seemed to be turned on half the episode. Compare this to eyeshield and while Sena has a weak demeanor he is bearable. He was unsure about himself and his abilities which is realistic but you didn't see him breaking out into tears. I think there is a considerable difference in being a weak character attempting to make yourself better and a pathetic one. Ren contanstly borders on the pathetic side and that doesn't inspire much interest for me. I was really looking forward to a sports anime but if his character continues on this path for the next couple of episodes i am out on this series!!!

lloooooool
hahahaha
laugh.gif

in that poinet u r right
dry.gif

he cry so much in the anime ep =.="
thats bad but he looks like he will be
better than befor and he will not cry
i think that abu will make hem an
o.k boy ... hmmmm
rolleyes.gif
but
in the end the anime is soo good to me
laugh.gif
^.^-

apparently the manga won a couple of awards...so it shud be good

"The manga series won the prestigious Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize for best creative work in 2006. In 2007, it won the prestigious Kodansha Manga Award."

i rate this better than major...goro (in highschool) gets so annoying sumtimes...hes such a cliche...

QUOTE (dejure87 @ Jul 18 2007, 08:25 PM) apparently the manga won a couple of awards...so it shud be good

"The manga series won the prestigious Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize for best creative work in 2006. In 2007, it won the prestigious Kodansha Manga Award."

i rate this better than major...goro (in highschool) gets so annoying sumtimes...hes such a cliche...
Wow that surprises me that the manga won a couple of awards. I guess the story actually has potential if I could just get pass Mihashi I could possibly really enjoy this anime. I watched eppy 4 & 5 and they were pretty serious about their baseball there was no over crying and less annoying moments. I'm not gonna go out on the limb and say it was good but it held my attention throughout. We learn that Mihashi actually had talent but was not properly handled by his former catcher. I think I will continue to watch this anime for the time being.

Should I be ashamed that I am going to give my update on the last two episodes (6 & 7). Yeah I did actually watch them...don't tell anybody though XD...I have to say not bad at all. They were very baseball intensive which surprised me because they actually made good assesments w/sound strategic breakdowns. Umm putting that close your eyes and swing strategy aside XD... We get to see Abe-kun experience his first huge mistake handling Mihashi. He got way too cocky and decided that he needed to aim for a no-hitter to prove that Mihashi had skills like that but it ended up clouding his judgement & almost cost them the game...not to mention Mihashi's confidence and yes he did start the crying again lmao...but in the end they pulled out the win proving Mihashi doesn't totally suck...it ended with hands shakes, respect, lots of love-love
tongue.gif

Not been a bad serious so far.. I agree with Mihashi's character being a bit hard too stomach but it should make for an interesting story if his character turns around... I'll definately keep watching for the time being.

Well I just watched episode 8 and I don't see Mihashi's character changing anytime soon. Once again he broke down into tear's after seeing how ace Abe-kun's former pitcher was... His fastball looked top notch but we learn that Abe disliked the way he would wave off signs. The guy did seem real cocky plus the story Abe told how he would never let his pitch count go over 80 pitches no matter what the situation seemed a bit far fetched.

well... after 3 seasons of major, I have to say, this is a big change. First off, I have to say... Mihashi is very cute, but after 20 episodes.....he is still fairly the same to me. Sure he gains more confidence and swings better... he still can't bat very well, and acts like a dork. I watch this directly after Major, yes Mihashi's character was difficult to stomach at first, and pacing of the anime was slow compared to Major. But it does showcase a different side of baseball, if not a more realistic one. Strategies and control were more used instead of overpowering pitches.
Watchable... but not one of my favourites. whats with those weird lessons by the coach and the teacher. those were really out of place.

QUOTE (kirsten @ Aug 30 2007, 02:29 PM) well... after 3 seasons of major, I have to say, this is a big change. First off, I have to say... Mihashi is very cute, but after 20 episodes.....he is still fairly the same to me. Sure he gains more confidence and swings better... he still can't bat very well, and acts like a dork. I watch this directly after Major, yes Mihashi's character was difficult to stomach at first, and pacing of the anime was slow compared to Major. But it does showcase a different side of baseball, if not a more realistic one. Strategies and control were more used instead of overpowering pitches.
Watchable... but not one of my favourites. whats with those weird lessons by the coach and the teacher. those were really out of place.
You've seen 20 episodes of this anime so far even though there has only been 8 episodes subbed? Most be watching the raws then. Plus Mihashi is a pitcher so I don't think that his batting is a big deal but if you have seen 20 episodes already then maybe that's not the case... The weirdest parts are yeah the coach and his odd holding hands lesson but then again it's also odd when Abe-kun actually held Mihashi's hands when he started crying. I was like huh what's going on here confession?! lmao...

I really likes this anime most of the characters are unique and merge well together it like it how its slow paced becuase everything gets explained and i find easier to rewatch also as some1 else has pointed out its more realistic than major (that's probably what i like best about it) and overtime i think u'll all begin to like mahashi for the role he plays.

waaa when will the english subb for 11-24 come~~~ coz the raw is already out and i dnt know where to find english sub ive been w8ing this like forever~~

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back