• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#41 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:19 AM

I must say, this anime has completely taken my away; in just two episodes, I find this anime very much to my liking, and if the series keeps on with the same style as in the first two episodes, this anime would definitely be on my "Best anime of 2008" list at the end of this year. I am particularly shocked since I wasn't really looking forward to this one, and merely watched the first episode to see if it was worth it, but now I can't imagine not watching it. I've already rewatched bit and parts of episode one and two many times, and I've replayed the OP song so much already; Eufonius (with Riya as the singer) are a very good band, and Riya's voice is positively amazing; she's also sung many great songs for Clannad too, at least 10 I think. tongue.gif The ED is very good too, but the OP is amazing. Cannot wait until the single is released at the end of the month.

Episode 2 just kept me wanting more and more of this series. Noe truly is a great character, very random so you can't predict what she's going to do, and also very lovable, at least to me. Lines like "I like to look up towards you (from below)", and showing her strange affection towards him at school are what have made me a complete Noe fan. Also her strange affinity to chickens is also cute. tongue.gif

Hiromi's jealously also shined in this episode. She obviously wanted to get closer to Noe in order to see how much she liked Shinichirou, since I believe she is starting to get very jealous that another girl is moving in on him. Trouble is, Noe saw right though her, so she has to think of something else.

As for the guy that Noe was hugging while half-dressed, I immediately thought that he was her lover/boyfriend, but after reading comments here I'm not so sure. Still, I wouldn't put it past Noe to already have a boyfriend and also pretty much be flirting with Shinichirou, even if she may not even realize it herself.

And I got a big laugh at Shinichirou's line "Am I really just a replacement for Raigomaru?" and then clucking like a chicken; oh that was some good humor. laugh.gif
Key's newest game is called Rewrite. Click image to go to the Key thread.
user posted image - Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!

#42 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts
  • Interests:on vacation~

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:39 AM

Like Juhachi I was blown away by episode 2. This anime is surprisingly good! I did not expect to like it, which is why it was one of the last ones I've seen from the new winter animes. There isn't a single character that I dislike, so far, and I'm glad that it's staying away from clichés.. like when Shin walked in on Hiromi in the bathroom, I expected the classic mega punch with the screaming of "BAKAAA" and Shin landing on the floor unconscious laugh.gif
I was surprised that it was handled differently. Shin was also surprised by her reaction... she apologized? I find that odd as well because he should have knocked, it was totally his fault tongue.gif
Little bits of humour scattered throughout the show, I also enjoyed the part when Shin started clucking like a chicken after realizing he's Raigomaru's replacement laugh.gif
And when Noe was waving at Shin during her gym class, and everyone from his class was staring at her and him... haha, really embarrassing!
I also knew that Hiromi had no intentions of becoming Noe's friend, but, I did not expect Noe to see through her so easily! Noe seems like a really interesting character... she reminds me of Suzimiya Haruhi because her behaviour is so odd and different from her classmates...
The preview for episode 3 looks really good, can't wait to watch it!

Currently Watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zur�ckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#43 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1959 posts
  • Location:Kami, Hyougo, Japan in the summer and Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan in the winter.
  • Interests:I'm trying to find some new unlicensed anime to add to my collection. I love anime and manga and can't get enough of it, plus I'm flexible, and will watch almost anything.<br><br>Promoted to the Sempai level on January 31, 2007.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (julezia @ Jan 19 2008, 02:39 AM)
like when Shin walked in on Hiromi in the bathroom, I expected the classic mega punch with the screaming of "BAKAAA" and Shin landing on the floor unconscious laugh.gif

I think you mean "KYA! Ecchi!". laugh.gif

QUOTE (julezia)
she reminds me of Suzimiya Haruhi because her behaviour is so odd and different from her classmates...

I think Haruhi's main point is her pushiness. Noe isn't pushy at all, but she is very outspoken. Aside from that, Haruhi's a typical tsundere, but Noe is nothing of the sort; Hiromi is more the tsundere type it would seem.

#44 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

I didn't mean their personalities are similar.. just that they are both different from the people surrounding them. They are both in their own little worlds.. Noe thinking of chickens flying; Haruhi searching for aliens, espers and time travellers laugh.gif
I should have clarified why I brought up that comparison!

They are both popular as well, due to their uniqueness.. Noe having rumors spread about her being penpals with people from the underground?! Haruhi had lots of rumors going around as well, about joining all the clubs at school and then leaving them... well that rumor turned out to be true, who knows about Noe's case biggrin.gif

Noe seems to be alone quite a lot just like Haruhi was in the beginning... and they both took a liking to a guy that showed some interest in them, like Kyon or in this case Shin..
I can't really see Hiromi as a tsundere though... actually we haven't really seen much of her personality so far, she seems to be popular at school, but at home she's so quiet...

Noe's story intrigues me, I wonder how she gave up her tears.. and why she wants them back? I can see Hiromi giving Noe her tears... but I don't know how Aiko fits in.. what her role will be in the story, other than a possible love interest for Shin...

ahh can't wait for episode 3!

Currently Watching:

Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S, Genshiken Nidaime, Silver Spoon, Free!, Blood Lad, Rozen Maiden Zur�ckspulen, Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince, Space Brothers, Uchouten Kazoku, Servant x Service, Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation, Gatchaman Crowds, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

My Anime List

#45 ODfan

ODfan
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

WOW SHIN GETs OWNED By HIROME! WOW SHE IS SUCH A BITCH>.<..! RAWR

#46 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

ODfan: is that a spoiler from ep 3?? if so kindly put it in spoiler tags.. because many, including myself, have not seen it yet!! tongue.gif

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#47 aquaspirit39

aquaspirit39

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:24 PM

Episode3 was simply amazing!!! biggrin.gif the ending of this episode is extremely good, At,the very end,I expected that shin will run away like in the most anime,but it seems they meet . I am extremely please with this series and this anime is going to my top 5 must-watch list.

A good combination of humor and twist just like clannad,but for some reason they feel different,but if someone ask me to give opinion which is better,I really cannot decide since this series is as good as clannad rolleyes.gif at least that is what I think

I actually have some speculation about Aiko: In this episode,Aiko mention about how she understand Hiromi feeling and she was talking about how people want to be near the person he/she likes,maybe it is the case for Aiko,maybe she likes Shin,but for some reason she cannot have him,so she become shin's best friend girlfriend so she can be near shin

#48 newdavidof

newdavidof

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:national secret!!

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

Yeah this episode was also very good, but I am geting a feeling that the main character maybe a little to passive. I just hope that the next episode will also be as good as this one.

#49 zanchu

zanchu
  • Kouhais
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

After episode 3, and after seeing the "shes our child now" and "shes not my child!" discussion between Shin's parents I can help but think theres more going on underneath then it would seem in the family
My theory?
Hiromi is really Shin's sister only they have different biological mothers ya know? Thats what I thought the discussion implicated.
It would explain things such as:
-Shin's dad taking in Hiromi cause she's his daughter
-Shin's mom not liking Hiromi for obvious reasons
-Hiromi seems to have liked Shin in the past, it'd explain why she acts so distant and quiet around Shin knowing she can't like her own brother
-Hiromi liking Noe's brother since she can't like Shin as mentioned

But its just a theory ya know? But theres always a possibily so don't be so harsh on Hiromi you Hiromi haters tongue.gif

#50 Mowerman

Mowerman

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:36 AM

They explained the situation with Hiromi before. She is the daughter of a close work friend of Shin's father, who died along with his wife in some sort of accident. I think what that boils down to is, his father seen it as duty and obligation to adopt her into the family. Shin's mother however, didn't want to do it, and is using it as a means to get under her husband's skin.

Now then, Hiromi is obviously lieing about liking Noe's brother.  She said herself in the bedroom scene prior that she had decided to lock those feelings away when she moved into Shin's house, hence the pained/surprised look on her face at the end of the episode.  However, she has done the damage now, looks like Noe's brother is gonna ask Shin to take his sister out on a DATE O biggrin.gif

#51 iamdeath

iamdeath

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1805 posts
  • Interests:Going out listening to music Going to club meeting chicks

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:26 AM

wow that intresting im going to watch it thank you
Those who can't see the mirror of the own reflection cannot Reflect the one true self

#52 Juhachi

Juhachi

-Key Master にははっ~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1959 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:48 AM

I also expected Shinichirou to at least hide before Hiromi came his way at the end, but was completely surprised to see him still there. This was the third surprise of the episode. The first was when Shinichirou first opened his show locker and saw the envelope, I thought it was going to be the old cliché of putting a note in the shoe locker, but for Noe to end up giving him those seeds was a total shock. laugh.gif The second surprise was how much of a bitch Shinichirou's mother is to Hiromi when she didn't even do anything wrong; that woman makes me so mad, her character is horrid.

#53 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Juhachi @ Jan 21 2008, 12:48 AM)
I also expected Shinichirou to at least hide before Hiromi came his way at the end, but was completely surprised to see him still there. This was the third surprise of the episode. The first was when Shinichirou first opened his show locker and saw the envelope, I thought it was going to be the old cliché of putting a note in the shoe locker, but for Noe to end up giving him those seeds was a total shock. laugh.gif The second surprise was how much of a bitch Shinichirou's mother is to Hiromi when she didn't even do anything wrong; that woman makes me so mad, her character is horrid.

I totally agree with you Juhachi

Also we saw the first true signs of how much Aiko likes Shinichirou.

I also wonder about Hiromi and Shinichirou being brother and sister but really hope i'm wrong
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#54 zeromaxxx

zeromaxxx

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:24 PM

All of the speculations here are valid and since True Tears is an original anime (i.e. It shares the same name with a visual novel but its a completely different story and characters) there is no way Wikipedia would give us the story until it is done laugh.gif . So far we know that:

i) Isurugi Noe
- Apparantly "gave away her tears"
- Have dreams of wanting to fly
- Loves climbing trees but have no way in hell could she climb down
- Loves singing about Shin'ichiro and roaches
- Sees Shin'ichiro as a replacement for Raigomaru
- Has a very unique personality which many people dislike

ii) Hiromi Yuasa
- Daughter of Shin'ichiro's father's friend
- Lives with the Nakagamis
- Disliked by Shin'ichiro's mom
- Shin'ichiro's childhood friend
- Currently the focus of Shin'ichiro's affection
- Apparantly likes Noe's brother (though I doubt that)
- Locked away the relationship she had with Shin'ichiro when they were young

iii) Aiko Endō
- A year older than Shin'ichiro and goes to a different school
- Apparently knows Shin'ichiro and Miyokichi since they were small
- Very good at cooking
- Stand on a beer case to make herself taller
- Apparently going out with Miyokichi to get closer to Shin'ichiro

So far those are some facts given and observations I noticed. The thing that intrigues me the most is the fantasy aspect of the story. It seems that Shin is trying to draw something he cannot manage to draw correctly and ends up uttering an unusual story (red snow => chicken seeds ?). I wonder if it somehow mimics what's happening in the story dry.gif

#55 nijlandp

nijlandp

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2627 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, japanese language, football<br>The anime i watched:<br>- Robotech (everything there is)<br>- Thundersub<br>- Transformers<br>- Thundercats<br>- Mask<br>- The real ghostbusters<br>- Visionairies<br>- Akira<br>- Golden Boy<br>- Hand Maid May<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Rozen Maiden (all 3 series)<br>- Cowboy Bebop<br>- Sister Princess<br>- Maburaho<br>- To heart (all)<br>- Card Captor Sakura (movies)<br>- Wind a breath of heart<br>- Midori no Hibi<br>- REC<br>- Tsukuyomi - Moon phase<br>- Ah my goddess (all)<br>- Green Green<br>- Kanon 2002 and 2006<br>- Final Approach<br>- Zero No Tsukaima<br>- Futakoi<br>- Tokimeki <br>- Kekkaishi<br>- One<br>- The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya<br>- Neon Genesis Evangelion<br>- Saikano<br>- Aishiturize Baby<br>- Kono Nirikukumo itsukushii sekai<br>- Air TV<br>- Pita Ten<br>- Onegai Teacher<br>- Onegai Twins<br>- Karin<br>- Tales of Phantasia<br>- Ichigo 100%<br>- Love Hina<br>- Ai Yori Aoshi (both series)<br>- Hourglass of Summer<br>- Chobits<br>- Elfenlied<br>- Saber Marionette J<br>- Saishi Heiki Kanojo<br>- Da capo<br>- Mahurabo - Heartfull days<br>- Inukami <br>- Bottle fairy<br>- Sola<br>- Ranma 1/2<br>- Sumomo mo momo mo<br>- Today in class 5-2<br>- he is my master<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Zero no tsukaima 2 <br>- School days<br>- Mamotte! lollipop<br>- Mushiuta<br>- Hayate no Gotoku<br>- Lovely complex <br>- Lucky star<br>- Sayonara zetsubou sensei<br>- _summer<br>- Code-e<br>- Nagasarete Airantou<br>- Moetan<br>- Kamichama Karin<br>- Seto no Hanayome<br>- Kaibutsu Oujo<br>- Umisho<br>- Mamorukun ni megami no shukufuku wo!<br>- Clannad<br>- Myself; yourself<br>- Kodomo no jikan<br>- Shugo Chara<br>- Goshuushou-sama ninomiya-kun<br>- prism ark<br>- Fate stay night<br>- Shakugan no shana<br>- ef - a tale of memories<br>- rental magic <br>- kimikiss pure rouge<br>- suteki tantei labyrinth<br>- koharubiyori<br>- higurashi no naku koro ni kai<br>- potemayo <br>- nanatsuiro drops<br>- kakurenbo<br>- chocotto sister<br>- trouble chocolate<br>- hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora<br>- ichigo mashimaro<br>- mushiuta<br>- puni puni poemi<br>- Eiken<br>- Cosplay complex<br>- Touka Gettan<br>- sister princess<br>- kareshi kanojo no jijou<br>- winter garden<br>- sakura diaries<br>- dokuro<br>- nodame cantabile<br>- exosquad<br>- welcome to the n.h.k.<br>- itsudatte my santa

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Indeed this series also still keeps me interested biggrin.gif . This series is for me till now the surprise of this year. If it can keep this high standard till the end for me it is a good contender for a top 5 place of best anime biggrin.gif
I wonder if Noe can really like Shin'ichiro more than as a replacement for Raigomaru. So i think that a real relationship between Noe and Shin'ichiro is not going to happen. Although i really like to see what those two would do on a date laugh.gif .
For why Hiromi locked away those memories: maybe she did that because she was going to be living with the family and in her idea she is something like a sister to him now and so she can't have a relationship with Shin'ichiro.
That Aiko is interested in Shin'ichiro was a bit of a surprise since she seemed to have a good relationship with Miyokichi. That reasoning that it is for getting closer to Shin'ichiro may be a good one. Although i wonder what Miyokichi would think about it.

#56 skanjos

skanjos
  • Kouhais
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

great series i am hooked with this one.

my guess is that shin'ichiro cant be with hiromi cause they are brother and sister(thats why shins mother hate her).i believe hiromi did loved shin but learned after her parents death that she was shin dads daughter and her true mother died(thats the basic reason shin's father wanted to take her to their home)

so in my oppinion if my guess is true love cant happen between the 2 of them. so i am cheering for aiko since noe is a crazy %@$%#.seriusly aiko is the best choice if my guess is correct.

sorry for not putting any spoiler alert but thats a guess and not the true story

#57 julez

julez

-chibi

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3242 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

I really hope that Hiromi and Shin are NOT brother and sister. Yes that could be the reason why Shin's mom dislikes her, but there may be some other reason.. until they state it flat out in the anime, I refuse to believe it!
I'm rooting for Hiromi and Shin to get together in the end... the end of episode three made my heart skip a beat! I did not expect Shin to still be standing there when Hiromi got around the corner... usually if a character overhears something like that in an anime, he'll run away and pretend not to have heard anything... until of course he can't pretend anymore tongue.gif but that was not the case here.
The look they gave eachother was so intense.. Shin was definitely hurt by what Hiromi said.. and she was upset that he had overheard her lie!
It seems that next week is about Noe and Shin going out together.. I don't really like the Shin x Noe pairing, Noe seems too eccentric to be with Shin.

Currently Watching:

My Anime List

#58 iamdeath

iamdeath

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1805 posts
  • Interests:Going out listening to music Going to club meeting chicks

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

i quite agree with you julezia i think they might be half sibling way his mother treated her like she was complete crap
Those who can't see the mirror of the own reflection cannot Reflect the one true self

#59 newdavidof

newdavidof

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:national secret!!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:21 AM

Well there always has to be a negative character in this case it is his mom.

#60 shinigamii

shinigamii

-geass prince~

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1865 posts
  • Interests:Anime why else would i be here?<br><br>hmm my interests... some are R rated for Randomness... Main interest C.C. yes i know shes an anime character... i dont care to be honest shes my C.C. and thats all there is... so what else does a creature like myself do.... i dont know either. o_O if you have any information please contact... forgot who to contact.<br><br>Random help line... i forgot that too. <br><br>Something i will never forget is how i claim C.C. as my wife. Someone else may have claimed her aswell but she's truly mines XD.<br><br>Why am i writing this.....

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

well saw pisode three and i thought to myself where is this going? i actually have no idea where this anime could be going frmo here on in.

i thnik Shin is trying to draw Hiromi crying for her loses but is hvaing difficulty for he dosnt know what tears look like on her.

but wow ive fell right in i have no idea whats going to happen next so i guess i will have to wait and see.
user posted image
Visit my city and see the shinigamii realm.shiniville

Check out my Random Blog.

user posted image
user posted image

<Trivia> Hint: The Pe**o* *u** *o* Me
<@KansaLovePrimula> can i buy a vowel
Jun: lol sometimes you really need a kansa-english, english-kansa dictionary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users