Photo

Saddam Hussein is executed!!!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you think he deserved to be executed? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you think he deserved to be executed?

1. Yes (42 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

2. No (21 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Not Sure (14 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Jamjum

Jamjum

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:--Goals<br>Completed<br>------------------------<br>

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

smile.gif Yes i love how saddam hussain died im very pleased to see him dead and of course i have to backup my talk.
He died a dead man, of course he was a dead man to the start but i never realized that he caused so many complaints across the nations. That was definitely the right thing to do to him saddam deserved it for what he has done to abuse his own country.
If he wasn't such a bad person maybe iraq would have been a better country, with everything going on in iraq just seems pointless to be there if everyones going to die of stupid bombiest.
laugh.gif

#62 Tralik

Tralik

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

I am happy that someone finally killed that son-of-a-bitch.

Why?

He killed thousands of his own countrymen with weapons of mass destruction.

His regime is responsible for countless occasions of rape in Iraq.

They assimilated children into their ranks for the purpose of murder.

Murdered families in front of eachother.

Saddam never had enough power to destroy the USA and its allies. If he would have had the resources to do so I highly doubt he would have turned down the opportunity.

Even though the country was more stable when he was in power doesn't mean that it was the best for his people.

In any country, if the government were to fall, people would be in mass chaos and civil war. This is now the case in Iraq. The only reason Saddams people didn't appose him is for the simple fact that their life was on the line if they did.

Personally I would rather be in a free country with the choice to die fighting for what I believe in without fear of the government then to live in a country with no freedom at all.

If we want the world to be safer then it is right now we need to continue to cleanse it of people who appose freedom. The USA and its allies especially can be pioneers in making freedom a world wide virtue.

#63 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:anime (seriously!! i'm not kiddin'!), music (hard rock, alt rock, &quot;nu metal&quot;, progressive rock, etc etc) and sheep above all.

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

In any country, if the government were to fall, people would be in mass chaos and civil war. This is now the case in Iraq. The only reason Saddams people didn't appose him is for the simple fact that their life was on the line if they did.

sorry, this is false and history has proven it.

portugal had a dictator that kidnapped, tortured and eventually killed everyone that opposed him. until massive numbers of people started to oppose him.

so, after decades of oppresion, one day the people overthrew the government. the only deaths in the process were suicides, we've been a democracy ever since, we even had wars in our african colonies that were immediatly halted and those colonies were given independence.

So.. no mass chaos, no civil war, no bloodshed. Why? Because pretty much everyone was against the regime, and because its opposers planned things right. There was no such thing as "planning things right" in iraq, and there wasn't an unanimous "hail the US" reaction either. Saddam did provide Iraq some stability -- at a nasty price, but he did, so he surely wasn't surrounded by enemies only.

so.. saddam wasn't as bad as you think / you were told he was. that "representant of evil" thing is so hollywood..
~ such a shame, my defenses have become my own restrictions... ~ [ lostprophets ]
~ my best days will never be behind me, my best days will never cease to find me.. ~ [XthrowdownX]
user posted image

#64 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Tralik @ Feb 07 2007, 12:18 PM)
And did you know Sadam also hate a freshly roasted newborn every night just before he was riding his headless horse in the country side to capture and abuse young girls while sending to eternal hell anyone who dared oppose his regime!

Please, monsters or even evil rulers don't exist in real life. I think DarkDog said it best!
QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 07 2007, 03:26 PM)
so.. saddam wasn't as bad as you think / you were told he was. that "representant of evil" thing is so hollywood..

Follow your dreams, Never give up, Never be afraid,
Always remember, Fortune favors the bolds!

---
You like FTV? Leave a thanks for the team :)
---

Proud developer of the AB Syndicate
user posted image

#65 d'observer

d'observer

-Procrastination Expert

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Tralik-san)
I am happy that someone finally killed that son-of-a-bitch.

Why?

He killed thousands of his own countrymen with weapons of mass destruction.

They assimilated children into their ranks for the purpose of murder.

Murdered families in front of eachother
I'm sorry Tralik-san but it seems many people here not to fond of your opinion.We ends up posting opposing opinions on our pst.maybe you should be easy on your use of words...?

But like Bold-sama and darkdog-sama,yes,I'm agree with them.You may have exaggerated saddam's deed a little bit too far.Those he oppressed were mainly Shiites and as we already knew,Sunnis and Shiites there have truble accepting each other.But Shiites are the majority there,so as a Sunni,Saddam has always facing the danger from the Shiites.I don't agree on his way,but most of Sadam actions were based on ideas that he is doing that for the sake of the Sunnis,which is minority there.

So,Saddam wasn't indiscriminately torturing all of his people,but like most other leaders do,he chose to protects those he thinks on his side.He's evil to those opposing him,yet he of course has in own soft side to his people.If he is indeed evil to all of his people,how could he reign supreme for that long.You see,when people thinks that their leader have gone too far,even the militaries won't support him and perhaps overthrown him.But yet saddam gains loyalty from quite a number from his armies,which means he too has some charisma as a leader,not only a brutal beast who kills for pleasure.

And one more thing...All of those sentences of you that I quoted above......that can also explained what has happened to the Bosnians and the Palestinians.Please post some comment for that as I would like to hear your opinion on what we shuld do to the peoples responsible for that,as you think Saddam is a son-of -a-b***h.

Good Day,

#66 Kashimir

Kashimir

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

I never thought we would see an "international-criminal" hanging from a piece of rope in the year 2006... Vile bandit was caught by the sherrif and hanged. This whole stiation is ridiculous, reminds me of some old american comic. -_-
user posted image

#67 isolation

isolation
  • Kouhais
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

i agree with kashimir, but i dont think he deserves' death like kashimir said depending on how ppl view saddam he may be good or evil, well i personally think he was interesting cos it makes life for interestng to live call me mao or sadistc, but life isnt just peace and live happily ever after this isnt some anime show - this is real life where we all learn to understand each other and i feel like im preaching sad.gif

#68 Kashimir

Kashimir

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:07 AM

Btw.. I bet that Iraqi people were much more happy under Hussein than they are now under a goverment that was assinged but americans who invaded their homeland.. Trying to bring democracy into the middle-east. It will never work.. Damn Crusaders ^^
user posted image

#69 darkdog

darkdog

-dredg

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:anime (seriously!! i'm not kiddin'!), music (hard rock, alt rock, &quot;nu metal&quot;, progressive rock, etc etc) and sheep above all.

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:35 PM

Trying to bring democracy into the middle-east. It will never work..

i wouldn't go as far as saying it'll never work, but it's certainly going to take some time to happen.. changing mentalities takes time, and given enough time and enough reasons to change, they will smile.gif
~ such a shame, my defenses have become my own restrictions... ~ [ lostprophets ]
~ my best days will never be behind me, my best days will never cease to find me.. ~ [XthrowdownX]
user posted image

#70 d'observer

d'observer

-Procrastination Expert

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 10 2007, 07:35 AM)
i wouldn't go as far as saying it'll never work, but it's certainly going to take some time to happen.. changing mentalities takes time, and given enough time and enough reasons to change, they will smile.gif

Yup!darkdog-sama is right.The current situations and mentality in Iraq still not allowing a proper establishment for a democratc system.But then again,democracy is not the only way for the Iraqis nor for us,we can always find a system that copes well with the current Iraq.Things is,the more important matter is how to ease the tension and chaotic in Iraq at present,since those won't allow any establishment work for any system to be done properly.But that is the hardest part here.

#71 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Kashimir @ Feb 09 2007, 08:07 PM)
Trying to bring democracy into the middle-east. It will never work.. Damn Crusaders ^^
Thats a bit of a broad statement.
Palestine, Liban and the pre-taliban Afganistan are examples of place where democracies are used and very well supported by the people.

The middle east is an extremely heterogeneous zone. Meaning there are many diverging philosophies and ideas. Plus it is an extremely densely populated area with histories that run very far back. That means there has been many opportunities for many groups to develop a bad history with one another.

---
---

user posted image

#72 Kashimir

Kashimir

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:47 AM

Hmm.. I think I have failed to express my thought properly.. My point was that what U.S have been doing the past few years is ridiculous. They are using democracy as a reason for these oilwars. It's the same tactic that catolic-world used in the medieval period (they used christianity as a reason for the conquest of the eastern coast of the mediterranean).. U.S conquest haven't brought anything good tho Afganistan nor Irak and the situation ain't gonna get better anytime soon, for example at the beginning of the year 2007 U.S increased the amount of soildiers in Afganistan

But this has nothing to do with Saddam Hussein ^^

user posted image

#73 d'observer

d'observer

-Procrastination Expert

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:26 AM

Just wondering,when Kashimir-san says 'Crusaders'....does that mean you're true to your name and you did come from Kashmir? huh.gif It's nothing related to this,but I'm just curious. happy.gif .

But you're right.What the US has been doing these past few years mostly were ridiculous.But hey,they're currently hold the biggest power and influenced in the world right now,maybe we can just let them have a go for all this.......................NOT!(just watching BORAT! lately... happy.gif ).It's not likely they will hold that position for all eternity,it's the same for everyone.But it's just somehow I hope they could also put others' opinions into consideration.I don't know if they ever wonder what will happened to them when they lose their position and a country they keep oppressing now comes to power.Revenge........is likely.

Maybe they ought to understand what it feels like by then,but of course that's too late.It's not like all of the Americans are the same,but somehow those who managed to have the higest rank in the government were mostly guys who're not down-to-earth.They think they'll keep 'flying' in the air forever. dry.gif

Saddam is now dead,that's for sure.
QUOTE (Bold @ Feb 10 2007, 07:56 PM)
Thats a bit of a broad statement.
Palestine, Liban and the pre-taliban Afganistan are examples of place where democracies are used and very well supported by the people.
It's just when the Palestines chose Hamas,they didn't accept it and ask the Palestinians to do the election again and keep choosing peoples that they're agree with,Bold-sama. happy.gif .It's better if they just say "Hey!Choose 'THAT GUY' or we won't giving you guys any peace talks or fundings!" mad.gif .But of course doing so is not part of democracy. happy.gif .So then what is democracy then? huh.gif Seems the US gov.'s guys didn't really understand what it means either. happy.gif .

In short,they're dumb guys who keep doing something contradicting to what they say but at the same time try to looks smart. happy.gif .thinking others were dumb enough to believe everything they're saying. happy.gif A kind of hipocricy.....I guess? happy.gif .

Good Day then happy.gif

#74 senpai-kun

senpai-kun

-nakama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3619 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:08 PM

Did they have a video of his execution on the internet? For that matter what kind of execution did he have...

But people in power are going to do things that other don't agree with. If another leader from another country decideds to declare war. That cannot ever truely be considered a good thing. There is no war that benefits both parties or all sides...just farthers ones own's ambitions whether that be for himself or in the name of his people/country.

But their is a thing as karma...as in the case of Saddam & the way he treated his people/ran his government...Hoepfully Americans or anyone in general don't pay the price for their leaders decisions in a tragic way...

#75 luigiroxu

luigiroxu

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Anime(duhhH), soccer aka futball, music, video games.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

im not sure, but i think he was hanged, and some1 recorded it on their video phone.

[MODERATOR's NOTE: I suggest you read the full thread. The specifics of the executions were described in the very FIRST post of the thread to set the setttings of the discussion.]

Edited by Bold, 14 February 2007 - 11:37 AM.

user posted image
xbox live gamertag: LuiGi Rox U
WoW Characters: Äyumi, Eufonius, ßlaçkstar
Server: Spinebreaker

#76 ser4

ser4

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

well i totaly agree with this bastard dying but i have read somthing somewere that there is a posability of this not beeng him i think he had people in irac posing as him and also he was blakmailing them (wit hthe life of their families) to go and die for him or somthing like that so the person they have might not be him (with all of this advance medicine and doctors it is not hard to belive that someone can have a compleate duplicate)
user posted image

#77 Samira87

Samira87

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

I voted not sure..I simply don't know if he deserved to die this way.
I usually see myself in these arguements about Saddam...hmm i tend to give him Benifit of the Doubt. No matter how long these arguements get, I dont know if he did what he did...Only God knows, so I see that I have to right to say that he did or didn't do.
out of topic, but does anyone think that Bush deserves to die this way. Since I know more about him then Saddam, that manipulative creature..

Tralik, as if Bush isnt indirectly killing his own people, throwing them to this pointless war(this i know)....now all these people are here acting so ummm human, how many of you really care about what happened to those poor Iraqis(More people care about the death of Saddam more than the current situation in Iraq..)...personally i know some who just hate Saddam because he's arabic and Muslim and because he's Muslim, that makes him an automatic monster...how pathetic can these stereotypes get??
i dont mean to offend anyone here, it's just my strong opinion flat out.

user posted image

#78 Bold

Bold

-kenja sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Samira87 @ Feb 16 2007, 10:56 AM)
how pathetic can these stereotypes get??
Well, they could look like http://boards.fansub...ndpost&p=125143

QUOTE (ser4 @ Feb 14 2007, 02:00 PM)
well i totaly agree with this bastard dying
Care to explain why "this bastard" deserved to die. This is the thoughtful section. Please elaborate and clearly define your positions and your supporting arguments.

---
---

user posted image

#79 Sammeh-Chan

Sammeh-Chan

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Ok ~ first of all people Scotland is not in England, I'm Scottish not English, we do not eat haggis every day for every meal it is not our staple diet and yes they are real animals.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

~ I'm not too sure what to make of it really, maybe he deserved to die, maybe he didn't but there is no point arguing over wither he did, because hes dead now and you can't go back and change the past so it doesn't really matter. He will get his judgement in the afterlife, and so will those responsable for his death.

~ Proud member - original four founders of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!! ~

To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides and enjoy the view.

#80 desi09

desi09

-chi

• Kouhais
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 08:03 PM

I think it's sad that we still hang people in the 21st century, it just seems too old..we need to get on with the times and not solve our problems by just killing others.
user posted image
Proud Member of GHFC - Ghost Hunt Fan Club

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users