Pakistan:Views & Issues

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Zkage

-chan
Kouhai
After hanging around this board and the thoughtful section, along with all the videos discussing topics on youtube, I just felt the need to take a look at how fellow anime fans look at pakistan and clear up some misconcepts while at it.

Over the years of bouncing from one forum to another, I've often come across people who often sling abuse at pakistanis at times. This includes anime forums, pc hardware and car mod sites. The general view, often influenced by western media and excessive actions by people in pakistan, is mainly limited to us being a third world nation of hungry,corrupt,illiterate and not to mention taliban supporters, etc etc whatnot.

This view is correct, unfortunately, for a number of people in the country-a good number of them believe in the conspiracy of jews, the western agenda and whatnot. The national educational system is still designed to produce formula dependent grads with little room for innovative ideas..albiet this is changing in some areas. The political system is full of power mongers,dictators and selfish leaders with good men few and far in between. The system rewards the powerful and takes away from the weak( i had my alsation pup stolen-by a local police officers guards). Cell phone robbers are common, the police involved with robberies and area counsellors or rich families in rural areas involved in all kinds of vulgar acts.

To you readers, this seems more like a pakistan bashing post but infact its just my disgust at my country's system talking. Reasons?..im at a loss for words, a huge mix of culture, bad upbringings by parents, bad politicians, everything is corrupted at the grassroots level.

But with all evil and bad things, there is always good in the world..and That..is what i woud like to point out here. With all the altaf bhais, bhuttos, sharifs, ISI chiefs and other ad hoc officials,personal agenda harbourers, taliban fans...there is a group of people in every type of society in this country which would warmly welcome you to dinner, tea or a trip and greatly help you in your time of need.

There was this youtube vid i was watching, the guy pointed out a lot of issues but what i liked was the part where he said...ppl arent bad because they are muslims, asians, south american,etc..its because they are a##ho#$#$.
tongue.gif

So my point being, with all the nuclear north korea talk going around, i felt like taking a load off and blabbering about the problems here....these might be highly familiar to you all--these kind of cases happen over the world. What makes pakistan sound worse is the nuclear bomb. The what if scenario...what if taliban got a hold of it....Highly unlikely...its more like the army runs pakistan then political parties.

case: Democracy..i dont believe democracy could ever work here, since there are blatant cases of dishonesty, voter aggression, party aggression, army manipulation..
the political system follows a round robin cycle...

one party takes control...loots the coffers of the country, allows henious acts by officials and coalition party members, the army steps in and kicks the party out when they jeopardize defence spending or nuclear assets...then the army sets in for a time, and leave when the general dies or leaves in humiliation...then the political system goes on again with a new party..committing the same acts..
and finally..when the army takes over again...the two bad parties with their horrible leaders come together in a single coalition to run for elections again...wtf?..
the system is wrong...democracy cant work here...people are two twisted.

case2
taliban and islamic parties
Islamic parties were turned to when the political parties had deeply dissapointed people and had led to societal issues, but as power corrupts, the leaders of these parties were also infatuated with the power associated with pakistani governmental jobs...thus loosing their islamic way..hah...and becoming like regular political engines.. so the people of the two major provinces -being members of previous political parties will never allow islamic parties to take a hold...the system will just keep on going...

taliban...this issue is a bit deeper..iv always said..people with too much time on their hands become like them. this goes back to the russian proxy war...the fighters which came in, settled down in the tribal belt of pakistan..having kids and all...now they were asked to fight by their brethren across the border.
strict family laws and tribal systems unfathomable by capitalist single families in the west, led to actions across the border.

ph34r.gif
My biggest post, I'm in office and the SAP system has lost all my dev. work..freeeee for the moment. so I thought to get down to writing this post. I also intend to make a couple of vids and upload to youtube soon,something much lighter then all this talk..

Right, break time over. If you are still reading this, great (Y).

Anyways, there is a growing trend here. With globalization and media, a lot of things are being noticed by people around the country (finally). Universities do include innovative programs now and NGOs are doing good work. I often see foreigners in a local marble market, having fun with the pirated items, the livestock, colorful buses and etc.
Anime awareness has been growing slowly for a decade now, I am very active in the anime community in my city, and a local go-to guy for many anime fans here. Organizing another convention in the last week of december this year, any suggestions to what i can do
tongue.gif
, have a numbe of items .

So, im not a scholar, i dont know all facts and figures, the entire political history of the country...just a regular guy with internet, who has seen bullets, bodies, and heard all kinds of bad stuff. and has experienced great friends/people...here to talk about a thoughtful topic.

Thanks for reading--its ramzan, probably have a lot more to say but fast getting to me rightnow.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back