Imagevenue

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Dragon-of-Rune

-Jigoku Sensei
Retired
This is a warning to all users while using/viewing imagevenue.

For those of you who let pop-ups get threw from imagevenue be carefull. Some pop-ups contain "Trojan Virus" and "Spy/Mal-Ware". Some are also in some of the ads.

Trojans found so far:

- Troj/Gida-A

Spy/Mal-ware found so far:

- Mal/Generic-A

So people please be so kind to use "Photobucket" or another hosting site for now. I recommend photobucket because it's easy to use, there is also a tutorial on the forum if you dont know how to post tumbnails while using photobucket.

WTF ok that tell me dont visit the ecchi thread for awhile or dont update on my folder of the ecchi pic 3 which im still at pg 5 lol. Although if I do go on it my anti virus will get rid of it lol.

I didn't even know Imagevenue had pop-ups o.o I guess my blocker gets rid of all of them (and the only blocker I have is what comes standard on Firefox).

Ah well~
Just out of interest, is this from personal experience, or an announcement or something?

They've always had pop-ups if i remember. Nowadays I don't use imageavanue anymore because imageshack is more reliable for me. As far as I can tell, most of the pop-ups that come to me were pop-ups of fake PC scans / fake PC malfunctions.

QUOTE (dchaosblade @ Jan 15 2008, 07:52 PM) I didn't even know Imagevenue had pop-ups o.o I guess my blocker gets rid of all of them (and the only blocker I have is what comes standard on Firefox).

Ah well~
Just out of interest, is this from personal experience, or an announcement or something?
Same

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jan 15 2008, 08:44 PM)They've always had pop-ups if i remember. Nowadays I don't use imageavanue anymore because imageshack is more reliable for me. As far as I can tell, most of the pop-ups that come to me were pop-ups of fake PC scans / fake PC malfunctions.

Imageshack is a pain though because you would have to upload 1 at a time.

QUOTE (Dragon-of-Rune @ Jan 15 2008, 07:07 PM)This is a warning to all users while using/viewing imagevenue.

For those of you who let pop-ups get threw from imagevenue be carefull. Some pop-ups contain "Trojan Virus" and "Spy/Mal-Ware". Some are also in some of the ads.

Trojans found so far:

- Troj/Gida-A

Spy/Mal-ware found so far:

- Mal/Generic-A

So people please be so kind to use "Photobucket" or another hosting site for now. I recommend photobucket because it's easy to use, there is also a tutorial on the forum if you dont know how to post tumbnails while using photobucket.
Any other image hosting services you can recommend aside from photobucket and imageshack? Photobucket is annoying since you have to fill out all kinds of personal information when signing up for an account.

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 16 2008, 06:36 AM) Any other image hosting services you can recommend aside from photobucket and imageshack? Photobucket is annoying since you have to fill out all kinds of personal information when signing up for an account.
Strange i have 2 photobucket accounts and it never filled in any personal information.

@MKK: Me and some friends had to test some image upload site's for school. And yesterday when i tested Imagevenue my anti virus (Sophos) picked them up. The virus are put in the "temporary internet files" folder. Also 2 of my other friends got the same virus while checking imagevenue. First i thought it would be a one time thing, untill i pressed on one of the latest hint image's in the guess the anime thread and the same virus poped up again.

I dont know if this is known to the staff of imagevenue. But they should be carefull what ads they use in the future.

QUOTE (hamasusuke @ Jan 15 2008 @ 08:44 PM)They've always had pop-ups if i remember. Nowadays I don't use imageavanue anymore because imageshack is more reliable for me. As far as I can tell, most of the pop-ups that come to me were pop-ups of fake PC scans / fake PC malfunctions.

I had those in the past alot aswell. But those can be found on almost every site. As long as the site uses pop-up ads or ads on the main page.

QUOTE Imageshack is a pain though because you would have to upload 1 at a time.

Not if you have the imageshack toolbar. It makes everything faster and you won't have to go to the site itself to log in before uploading. It adds another button to the right click menu "upload to imageshack".

Well, I personally will continue to use Imagevenue because I'm apparently not affected by the pop-ups, and thus the viruses that supposedly exist. Perhaps you should send an email or whatever (I'm sure there's some way to contact them) to Imagevenue to report the trojans?
Anyway, I'm unwilling to use imageshack b/c they wont let me post my ecchi pics and keep them up (half the time they remove it as inappropriate content), and photobucket is just a pain to both set up and use IMO. Imagevenue doesn't require an account, lets you easily upload up to 10 files at once, and has a content filter for "NSFW" images so that they don't get deleted, just put in a different section.

Well, if you're really addicted to Imagevenue, I say that's not too bad, just get a decent anti-virus (preferrably something that's NOT Symantec); Trojans and Spyware are not dangerous unless you're stupid about it and are easily removable. Better yet, get Spybot and let it get rid of it once and for all.

Well, you should have all of that anyway. But if you have a decent pop-up blocker, it apparently isn't an issue in the first place. So the secret is...use Firefox! xD

That is a very good thing to know. If you do get a reply from them, or they say it's cleared up, or something like that, would it be to much to ask for you to update us on it?

And yeah, if you have decent software it helps it not be an issue, I agree about that. But the computer world is changing all the time. What works one day may not the next and some viral infections can be quick acting. Best policy is avoidance.

As for firefox, I do believe it to be better than IE, though sadly I always have bad luck with firefox after I install it. Tends to slow my comp or crash my connection etc. So thanks for looking after the people who have browsers like swiss cheese.
smile.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back