Shinmai Maou no Testament Departures & Burst

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: The Testament of Sister New Devil
Japanese: 新妹魔王の契約者〈テスタメント〉
Airing date: 7/1/2015 (TV series, 12 episodes) and 21/12/2014 (premiere screening at Kadokawa Cinema Shinjuku, Tokyo)
OVA release date: 22/6/2015 (unaired episode bundled the eighth light novel volume)
Genres: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, Romance, Harem
Original creator: Tetsuto Uesu
Original character designer: Nekosuke Ōkuma
Director: Hisashi Saitō
Written by: Takao Yoshioka
Music by: Yasuharu Takanashi
Character designer: Yoshihiro Watanabe
Chief animation directors: Hong Shen (FAI) and Yoshihiro Watanabe
Director of photography: Tsubasa Yokoyama (T2Studio)
Art director: Ryōka Kinoshita (Studio Biho)
Sound director: Tsuyoshi Takahashi
Sound effects by: Tsutomu Ueno and Yasuyuki Konno (Swara Pro)
Special effects by: Tomoki Murakami
Main animators: Kazuya Morimae and Masami Imai
Action animator: Eiji Ishimoto
Art setting by: Saaya Kinjō (Studio Biho)
Color design by: Takao Kanakubo (TripleA)
Monster design by: Shinpei Kobayashi
2D design by: Tomoki Murakami
3D CG by: Tetsuya Watanabe
Planning by: Takeshi Yasuda
Editing by: Yoshiaki Kimura (IMAGICA)
Producer: Chiaki Kurakane
Executive producer: Takeshi Yasuda
Assistant producer: Mari Sakai
Animation producer: Jiyū Ōgi
Music producer: Shunichi Uemura
Sound production by: Eri Itō
Studio: Production IMS
Network: Tokyo MX, SUN, AT-X, GBS, MTV, BS11, TVS, CTC, tvk, TVQ
Opening theme: "Blade of Hope" by sweet ARMS
Ending theme: "Still Sis" by Kaori Sadohara

Main cast: voiced by Yūichi Nakamura
voiced by Ayaka Asai
voiced by Kaori Fukuhara
voiced by Sarah Emi Bridcutt
voiced by Keiji Fujiwara
voiced by Yū Asakawa
"Lars" (ラース) voiced by Tomokazu Sugita
voiced by Iori Nomizu
voiced by Seiko Yoshida
Supporting cast: Takashi Hayase (早瀬 高志) voiced by Gō Inoue
Kyōichi Shiba (斯波 恭一) voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa
Mamoru Sakazaki (坂崎 守) voiced by Kenjirō Tsuda
Zolgear (乙回し呂ヨ丹尺)
Varga (レ丹尺呂丹)
Official website, PVs and CMs: http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/

Synopsis: “Hey, you said you wanted a little sister, right?” First year highschool student, Toujo Basara, was suddenly asked by his father and fell into a state of panic. On top of that, the eccentric father told him he will be getting remarried. He then departed overseas after bringing Basara two beautiful step-sisters. But Mio and Maria’s true forms are actually the newbie Demon Lord and a succubus!? Basara was almost entered into a master and servant contract with Mio, but a “reversed” contract was formed by mistake, and Basara is now the master!? Moreover, Basara is being hit by one ecchi situation after another due to the contract, but Mio’s life is being pursued by other demon tribes and hero tribes! The most powerful contractor’s desire action drama begins!

Necropinion: ep.1 hooked me more than Estetica, well it's the same creator
laugh.gif

The first episode was okay but the second wasn't so good. The schemes are predictable and the characters are too plain. I am going to give it another try in episode 3 to see if the story itself improves...

QUOTE (nijlandp @ Jan 16 2015, 04:15 PM)The first episode was okay but the second wasn't so good. The schemes are predictable and the characters are too plain. I am going to give it another try in episode 3 to see if the story itself improves...I used to read the manga, dropped it because it was so obvious and nothing stood out from the story or characters as Nijlandp has noticed.
I only gave the anime a try to see if it was different...sadly not, so I'm dropping it.

Okay so pretty much another ecchi series that I'm going to end up watching of course. Also, I get the feeling that loli succubus kind of wanted that pact to go that way as well I take it. I mean if it went the other way it could of made this into an interesting hentai either way I take it. :3

well with the bath scene and cliffhanger in ep.3, is my new guilty pleasure after dropping other winter harem series... also there's another succubus this season in Junketsu no Maria, she isn't a loli but a familiar as smexy as Chisato-sensei
smile.gif

So another Demon Lord x Hero series. This gender will never get old. Still kind of feel like waiting to see the uncensored version of this over the top ecchi series. She it needs to be watched like that.
laugh.gif

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Feb 16 2015, 12:40 AM)I already dropped most of the light novel harem shows. All of them aside from Testament of Sister New Devil bored me as they either had no clear conflict/antagonist by the time I stopped watching (World Break) or I just didn't care at all about the characters (ISUCA & Absolute Duo). I think those are the only ones I got through at least 3 episodes on before deciding to give up. I'm still watching Testament because despite some of it's pretty stupid fanservice moments that make my eyes roll it at least has a central conflict to keep my interested. And Maria is just an incredibly entertaining character in the show, enough so that I can't say for certain I'd still be watching if she wasn't in it.
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Feb 05 2015, 07:30 PM)So another Demon Lord x Hero series. This gender will never get old. Still kind of feel like waiting to see the uncensored version of this over the top ecchi series. She it needs to be watched like that.overall I'm liking that trend in anime lately too, for me Hataraku Maou-sama! is the best so far then Yu-sibu in between... and Estetica as worst (at least wasn't censored), with ep'6 now the ecchi trio must fight both demon and hero clans
ohmy.gif

so after ep'9 this ecchi series seems it'll reach its climax tomorrow, with Maria's betrayal and main villains revealed... by its cliffhanger i think Lars's still helping Basara in secret, but we'll have to wait for uncensored scenes until this ends
sleep.gif

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Mar 11 2015, 12:00 AM)so after ep'9 this ecchi series seems it'll reach its climax tomorrow, with Maria's betrayal and main villains revealed... by its cliffhanger i think Lars's still helping Basara in secret, but we'll have to wait for uncensored scenes until this ends
sleep.gif

*Glup*
blink.gif

this, terraformars and √A were killed by censorship is all im saying

Well would you believe that there will be a second season of these antics later on this year. Although if you ask me this gives me the perfect chance to kill time with DxD's new season in a few weeks here.
laugh.gif

Seeing as we swapped the title here now, I just hope they don't butcher it by censoring almost every little ecchi part in this series you know.

Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst, so no censorship for Valkyrie Drive instead?!

QUOTE (Klyern @ Mar 27 2015, 02:29 AM)*Glup*
blink.gif

this, terraformars and √A were killed by censorship is all im say
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 27 2015, 12:31 PM)Well would you believe that there will be a second season of these antics later on this year. Although if you ask me this gives me the perfect chance to kill time with DxD's new seasos2 is still censored unlike DxD, at least nice to see more Sensei after her OVA
biggrin.gif

Yeah apparently if you want to see this uncensored you're going to have to wait for the BluRay release, and I'm way too lazy to wait that long though. Unless they have it on one of those channels that uncensors it though like they do for some anime series. Although this one tends to border into the Softcore Hentai at times.
laugh.gif

yes those big censor chibis ;( be ep'2 Maria's imagination or not, still the school guys hate Basara for keeping their 2 idols... all for himself -.- so tomorrow we'll see by its plot twist, if Chisato-sensei gives him a hand (no pun intended)
blink.gif

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 16 2015, 01:14 AM)Yeah apparently if you want to see this uncensored you're going to have to wait for the BluRay release, and I'm way too lazy to wait that long though. Unless they have it on one of those channels that uncensors it though like they do for some anime series.Sadly there isn't any channel airing it unedited, but for me ep.5 got better after a war began in the demon world... so Maria's big sister and loli Mom have more screentime this S2, also Zest and Kurumi now that both joined Toujo's harem
tongue.gif

So in the end this series is pretty much borderlining to hentai at some scenes, but Valkyrie Drive which has yuri and boobs about is uncensored. Sometimes I have to wonder how they go about censoring some things and leaving other things alone. The same can be said about ToLoveRu Darkness as well.
rolleyes.gif

Valkyrie Drive has an uncensored version only cause it's also airing on AT-X. If it wasn't for that there wouldn't be an uncensored version of that either at this point.

QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 10 2015, 04:43 PM)Valkyrie Drive has an uncensored version only cause it's also airing on AT-X. If it wasn't for that there wouldn't be an uncensored version of that either
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Nov 10 2015,3:11 PM)this series is pretty much borderlining to hentai at some scenes, but Valkyrie Drive which has yuri and boobs about is uncensored.indeed i can get SMnT S1 wasn't aired on AT-X if it had poor ratings, but s2 still continues not airing there :/ censor hell... about ep'6 we'll see who'll be next as demon lord, also the results of Basara's and harem training helped by his dad
smile.gif

So....

Second season.

ZEST.

Review ends.

LOL Seriously, though Chisato I keep feeling is going to end up being his Mom, or his Aunt, and his dad is some war-God in hiding like Chisato is .

Mio is, well... Obvious. Big-boobed red-head that is sexually addicted to the main character. So much "right" there for a horny teenage boy, but no. I can't shake the really oily feeling that Basara is cashing-in on her vulnerability. I mean yeah, it was Maria's idea and not Basara's, but something just feels too "Rapey" about their dynamic.

All the other girls - Well, they volunteered for the most part, but again, The curse kind of obscures the "free will" component to any of their relationships, and makes it hard for me to root for any of them.

QUOTE (Knorris908 @ Nov 18 2015, 12:08 PM)
Chisato I keep feeling is going to end up being his Mom, or his Aunt, and his dad is some war-God in hiding like Chisato is telling by their similar eye and hair color i wouldn't be surprised, also it's hinted in an OVA but I guess part were illusions... ok as favorite i'm between her, Zest or S1 grown-up Maria ;/ so why Mio fights in ep'7 if she's the tourney 'prize'?
sleep.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back