ÅŒkami Kakushi

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

JCDRANZER

- Sky King
Retired

Title: ÅŒkami Kakushi (Hidden God or ÅŒkamikakushi)
Japanese Title: おおかみかくし
Genre: Horror, Mystery, Supernatural
Premier: January 2010
Animation Studio: AIC
Director: Nobuhiro Takamoto
Original Concept: Ryukishi07
Original Character Design: Peach-Pit
Original Creator: Konami
Character Design: Atsuko Watanabe
Chief Animation Director: Atsuko Watanabe
Official Website: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/okami/

Basic Info:

Based on a PSP game released on 20th August 2009 that saw the collaboration between Ryukishi07 and Peach-Pit.

Cast:

Yu Kobayashi as Hiroshi Kuzumi
Emiri Katou as Isuzu Tsumuhana
Mai Fuchigami as Kaname Asagiri
Mariya Ise as Nemuru Kushinada
Saki Fujita as Mana Kuzumi
Yuko Goto as Kaori Mana

Plot:

Is it a god (kami)? Or a wolf (ookami)? A secret law in the old part of town ... brings together dread and mystery. It is the summer of Shouwa 58, 1983. Ten stories, intertwined by the idle thoughts of people caught in repeating nightmares ... what could possibly be the truth therein!?

A 16 year old boy, Kuzumi Hiroshi, started to live in a new town that is located in the mountains. The town is separated into new and old streets by the river, and many mysterious local cultures still remain. Although confused and enjoying his new life, one person kept her distance from him: class committee member Kushinada Nemura. In their few encounters she gave him a word of advice: “Stay away from the old streets”.

(~from AniDB~)

My Thoughts:

Can't wait.........this is gonna be really awesome.
biggrin.gif
More mind-f**king mysteries.
rolleyes.gif

A collaboration between the creators of Higurashi and Shugo Chara?! lol
Sounds like it will be bizarre. I will have to check it out, especially if Kobayashi Yuu is voicing the male lead... man she's catching up to Paku Romi with the number and quality of male voices she's been doing lately.

QUOTE (julezia @ Nov 04 2009, 12:57 PM) A collaboration between the creators of Higurashi and Shugo Chara?! lol
Sounds like it will be bizarre. I will have to check it out, especially if Kobayashi Yuu is voicing the male lead... man she's catching up to Paku Romi with the number and quality of male voices she's been doing lately.
Peach-Pit were also the creators of Zombie-Loan.
rolleyes.gif

Haha yeah I saw that too, but I thought I'd say Shugo Chara cos its so totally different from Higurashi. And AIC is handling the animation, which is great since I think their quality is a bit better than Studio Deen at times.

Oi oi , this going to super blasting off. Two of my favorite author going to collaborate. No kidding.

I want it ... I want it ....

So wait let me guess this is going to be his side project for the time beign right?

Why am I gettng this odd vibe that this could be something similar and yet completly different from the When they Cry series he's is currently doing. I tmight have something to do with his sticking his stories around the mid 1980's I guess.

In any case I'm always game for a mind warping good time.
tongue.gif
I'm also expecting to see the so called "All-Mighty Rest Button" when it comes to his works so far. If not I'll be supprised and yet still want to watch this.

I don't know why but every time I look at that picture in the first post, I can't think of anything except touhou. Stupid, I know, but I felt like getting it out there. It bothers me
sad.gif

It might be he's a really big fan of the Touhou series. I mean look at Umineko it had a few blatent Touhou related items invovled in it so far.

In any case I see what you mean, but I don't see any problem with that at all if you ask me.

Well its not that I didn't like it, its that it bothered me that I couldn't tell why, but now I can pin it down. The heroine looks a lot like a combination of Reimu and Remilia to me.

Well after seeing the preview of this series I'm looking forward to another tragic story unfold from this series. Although I wonder if this one will abuse the "All Mighty Reset Button" just like his other works that were turned into anime? Never the less I look forward to it.

QUOTE Based on a PSP game released on 20th August 2010

is this a time paradox or am i in the wrong year?

So the first episode is subbed and released and I haven't had time to watch it unfortunately but I'm really hoping I will do later today along with the rest of the first episode of the other new series.
rolleyes.gif

The sad thing is that a few of you have already dropped it after viewing the first episode, which is NOT a good sign.
dry.gif

Well, the CG was terrible enough to drop it for that alone. But, provided that ep1 had no good hooks, and ep2 doesn't seem to promise any, I don't think there's a reason to continue. There's better shows this season.

Kinda boring. Not much else to say here really... the start made it interesting and then it just kept falling down from that point on. I doubt i'll follow this one. Oh and uhm, I'am glad to see they didn't use the "harem falls for the protagonist due to no apparent reason" scenario... Oh wait, they did? Well then it's just another crappy slot filler.

Nothing special in this first episode, the beginning was interesting but the rest was a little intriguing. But I think the plot will be in place in a few episode so I'll wait before to decide if I'll drop it or not.

Pretty lousy. Nothing at all in the first episode that makes me want to even attempt the second. I thought it was pretty stupid to foreshadow at the start like that and not have it payed off in the same episode. It was a pretty lame attempt at creating interest in the series from an otherwise uninteresting premier.

I've watched a ton of anime and this is the first time I've ever seen a guy's high school uniform that looks more like a girl's school uniform. All they needed to throw on was the little bow and it'd be an exact match. I wonder if that's some symbolism for how friggin girly the main character is.

Oh, and I totally thought Hiro was gonna get raped in the opening scene. I would have laughed hard too. And probably would have enjoyed the episode more if it happened.

Instead we just watched "The Stepford Classmates"

QUOTE (Megiddo @ Jan 08 2010, 12:07 PM) Oh, and I totally thought Hiro was gonna get raped in the opening scene. I would have laughed hard too. And probably would have enjoyed the episode more if it happened.s"
Wow, that'd actually be awesome. But then the series would probably be an unairable DVD-only title.
rolleyes.gif

Well yo uhave to understand that Ryuukishi07's works tend to be along the line of the series turning into a supernatural murder mystery while presing the All Mighty Reset Button when too many of the main characters die off. Although I somewhat get the feelign it will not do that in this series.

So far it looks like this may turn out to be a rather odd mind warping series to pass the time for waiting on the continuation of the When they Cry series.

They clearly tried to go for what Higurashi did in the first series. It worked for Higu, didn't work here. I think if they didn't do that, as well as took the pacing a bit better and were more subtle, I think the effect would have been greater. The character intros were rushed, so it feels really off. The animation sucks hard but I don't mind actual look of the characters at all.

I predict there's some sort of wishing method, with a price, and that the stage 5 clinger wished for a "guy next door".

You know, I never thought about this though: Imagine watching Higu koro ni without seeing the amazing method of attention-capture they used at the begining of ep 1. Man, that series mighta sucked hard.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back