Cartoon Network

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

djinn of the sun

-chi
Kouhai
well, it's looks like naruto will air on toonami by july - sept. also samurai champloo will air by this summer on adultswim [HELL YEAH!].

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=1711

[for the toonami/naruto story]

[URL="http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=6&message.id=1222215&jump=true"]http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/boar...22215&jump=true
[adultswim/samurai champloo]

QUOTE Samurai Champloo and Paranoid Agent this summer.

Heres the message as it came from the big wigs.

"Yes! So I guess now is a good time to announce two new acquisitions for 2005. We've picked up Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent, and they'll both start this Summer.

-Kim "

i dont know sh*t about one piece so....

Im glad for you guy, but over here in the UK, we get sod all in the way of anime. (i dont think we've made it through Dragonball yet..on one of the Tournament sagas i believe). Every time i read my import copy of new type i see adverts for the anime network, and i think "would'nt it be cool if we even got half of what the US get".

To sumarise, you lucky gits!
biggrin.gif

I hate Cartoon Network. They are what make people think that Anime=Cartoons=Childish. I also hate how they (not Cartoon Network, but the the people who distribute anime in America) dub anime. Fullmetal Alchemist is so cool, but, when I watched it dubbed, I gagged at the voice acting. It's really the same thing that happened to Shaman King too. That and One Piece. Those are all great anime, but the American dubbing is horrible. I wish that they would just keep it subbed... That's why I hate Cartoon Network.
biggrin.gif

On top of that, to hear that my precious Samurai Champloo is going to be aired dubbed, I almost shattered...
sad.gif

They need to start airing subbed anime only. That's how it would be in my perfect world...
rolleyes.gif

Not all dubbing is bad :/ I dubs I've liked are Cowboy Bebop, Blue Gender, Outlaw Star, and Bubblegum Crisis 2040. Dubs aren't really that bad unless you've seen the Japanese equilvant- then there is some just plain horrible dubbing- I've heard stuff from Kenshin they all sound stiff like boards >_<. One thing I don't like about dubbing is how all the cartoon network stuff dubs get done by Ocean Group who seem to only have 2 main male voice actors- so in a lot of series I end up thinking "It's Gohan again!" and "There is Goku!"
tongue.gif

@shasla Have Toonami shown anything new since Big O? I'm kinda out of touch being in uni, I don't really follow whats going on Sky at the mo. I'm guessing it's the same re-run routine. Scifi channel have also stoped showing anime
sad.gif
UK anime on the TV is taking major leaps backwards..

yup. i agree with coolio. i liked flcl dubbed. and as for cowboy bebop, i liked the dubbed more than the subbed. who knows, maybe samurai champloo will have a good voice over too.

QUOTE (Coolio @ Feb 16 2005, 07:06 PM) Dubs aren't really that bad unless you've seen the Japanese equilvant.
That must be my problem then. I must be biased towards it. I just think that sometimes the Japanese voices can show a bit more emotion. As for Bebop, my favorite anime of all time, the dubbing was ok, to me, but the Japanese for it was much better. I thought the voices suited the characters better, especially Spike.

well biased? probably... but it also may change things if you knew japanese...

I like some dubs, adult swim is fine, but I dont watch it much cuz i've already seen them

i havent checked the credits but maybe i should...

just by ear:
mugen = the voice actor who did spike
jin = i cant remember where i've heard his voice but it's a bad guy from another series
the governor [in ep.1] = the voice actor who did jet

right off the bat i recognized these in the dvd...

yeah, i also agree with coolio. once i've seen a series in english first, i prefer the dubbed verison and vice versa for the japanese. i cant watch the trigun dub nor cowboy bebop and still prefer the japanese for samurai champloo.

I didn't like the Japanese voice actors for Bebop so much, except for the guy that did Jet. I vastly prefer Fey and Spike's English voice actors. I've never seen Trigun in Japanese, but it was really well done. Gundam SEED, though, Cagali's voice is terrible...

I can't wait, personally. I love Champloo, and have heard great things about One Piece. I've always meant to watch Naruto as well. My only problem is that they still haven't aired Zeta Gundam, with that and V being the only UC Gundams I haven't seen all of... hell, the only Gundam series at all I haven't seen all of.
tongue.gif

~ SP

Ahhhh!!! MENTAL BREAKDOWN!!

*Can imagine Naruto's voice actor*

AHHHH!!!

And I totally think they're gonna make Haku a girl. There's no way Americans can stick to that boy/girl thing. It's just too adult.

QUOTE (sasha @ Feb 18 2005, 04:39 AM) And I totally think they're gonna make Haku a girl. There's no way Americans can stick to that boy/girl thing. It's just too adult.
What's wrong with having a girly looking boy >_> The only girly thing he did was the picking herbs thing. It think they can get away with that on Cartoon Network.

Is picking herbs all that girly? I know alot of eastern medicine men(well not alot) who spend most of the day picking herbs o_O... I didn't find it all that girl at all.. but maybe thas just me...

I don't think they will have oto hard a time with haku, considering most of the people who voice act here in amarica that do young boys are also females. Look at Simpsons and Rugrats for a small exmaple.. Heck most of the boys in those series are done by female voice actresses... or one actress who does alot of voices o_O

Insert ----> Im partial to japanese voices more than dubbed myself. more like 76% of the subbed I like better than dubbed

I don't really care if the dubbed to naruto come out horible, I love the series, it's really the only one right now i follor religiously. I wait for and complain about new episodes of other animes to come out, mahou sensei negima for exmaple, but Naruto is about the only one I can get really mad about if they are having a one hour long Prince of Tennis episode and cancel Naruto for a week, even tho it means naruto is going to have an hour long special too (sorry for all of those who like prince of tennis...)

Why don't I care? cause Naruto will come out good either way... Now don't get me wrong, to alot of people here they don't think that, but none the less I have no doubt this anime will finally KILL alot of the ratings that Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, dragonball, and alot of other anime's that have been floating around for just a smiggen too long. What does this mean?

Basically, first of all, KILL THE RE-RUNS! Tho I know Naruto will be re-ran over and over again until we start cussing out the people who air it, it gives us something new to get our heads around, instead of the reruns we saw 5 freaking years ago! Second, more money in the Anime industry!!!! I have no doubt Naruto is going to make a Anime BOOM here in America and increase sales for anime here, making this a market more favorable to be in... meaning in the long run, guess what? A bigger pool of voice actors/actresses to chose from, better quality coming form them, and possibly more anime's being released in America... now we can all see how this, in the long run, that Naruto will only have a slight hand it, brining prices down!!!

Well I can say more but I promised myself I was gonna play FF11 before midnight and It seems I may have lied to myself again o_O

Think I'm wrong? possibly, the Anime can come here and become a huge dud that nobody really cares about... but considering the fanbase I know about allready here in America b4 it's release.. I doubt it :p thas just my oppinion, i could be wrong :)

Also, the person who hired the people to voice act in Full metal alchemist is a close friend of mine... be happy, I allready slugged him a couple times for u guys :)

Also got a friend who does the music to the DBZ movies... its cool that he put's songs form artist like Disturbed in them and such :) Even tho I hate funnimation as a whole..

Actually, I think putting Disturbed and the like in the DBZ movies fit in pretty well... Of course, it doesn't hurt that they're some of my favorite bands.
biggrin.gif

~ SP

QUOTE (shasla @ Feb 16 2005, 05:54 PM) Im glad for you guy, but over here in the UK, we get sod all in the way of anime. (i dont think we've made it through Dragonball yet..on one of the Tournament sagas i believe). Every time i read my import copy of new type i see adverts for the anime network, and i think "would'nt it be cool if we even got half of what the US get".

To sumarise, you lucky gits!
biggrin.gif

Which is still like 3 times as much anime as we get.
dry.gif

Gundam wing, DBZ and Cyborg 009 are the only anime we have seen here that are aimed at an age above 10.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back