Love Live! Sunshine!! (2016-19)

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: Love Live! School Idol Project: Sunshine!!
Japanese: ラブライブ!サンシャイン!!
Airing date: 2/7/2016 (TV series)
Genres: Music, Comedy, School, Slice of life
Original creator: Hajime Yatate
Original concept by: Sakurako Kimino
Directed by: Kazuo Sakai
Written by: Jukki Hanada
Music by: Tatsuya Katō
Character designer: Yūhei Murota
Art director: Junichi Higashi
Sound director: Yukio Nagasaki
CGI director: Gō Kurosaki
Director of photography: Daiki Sugiyama
Color setting by: Sayoko Yokoyama
Design by: Masaki Kawake
Set design by: Takeshi Takahashi
Editing by: Daisuke Imai
Studio: Sunrise
Network: Tokyo MX, SUN, KBS, BS11, TVA, SBS, TVh, TVQ
Opening theme: "Aozora Jumping Heart (青空 / Blue Sky Jumping Heart )" by Aquors

Main cast: Chika Takami (高海 千歌) voiced by Anju Inami
Riko Sakurauchi (桜内 梨子) voiced by Rikako Aida
Kanan Matsūra (松浦 果南) voiced by Nanaka Suwa
Dia Kurosawa (黒澤 ダイヤ) voiced by Arisa Komiya
Yō Watanabe (渡辺 曜) voiced by Shuka Saitō

Yoshiko "Johanne" Tsushima (津島 "ヨハネ" 善子) voiced by Aika Kobayashi
Hanamaru Kunikida (国木田 花丸) voiced by Kanako Takatsuki
Mari Ohara (小原 鞠莉) voiced by Aina Suzuki
Ruby Kurosawa (黒澤 ルビィ) voiced by Ai Furihata
Pv:

Synopsis:
Uranohoshi Girls' High School, a private school in the seaside neighborhood of Uchiura at Numazu city, Shizuoka prefecture. A small high school in a corner of Suruga Bay, it is home to nine teens, led by second-year student Chika Takami, driven by one seriously big dream: To become the next generation of bright, sparkling "school idols"! As long as we don't give up, any dream can come true... All we have to do now is keep pushing hard for fame and glory! Now their "School Idol Project" begins to make their dreams come true!

QUOTE (Barbobot @ May 16 2014, 12:22 AM)A bit tangentially related, but the Love Live smart phone game was released in english for iOS/Android. It's only a pretty basic rhythm game, but goddamn is it addictive. It just hits that collector's nerve in me and makes me want to collect all the different idols in them and level them all up.

As for the 2nd season, not much huge to add. It just continues with the same energy and glee that was in the first season and continues to be great finally new idols in ep'1 like Cinderella girls, after the 1st iM@s (still i prefer it)
wink.gif

Is this place up and running again?!?! That would be the greatest thing ever!! =)
I see you're on the team now, Necro-kun. Ganbatte!
happy.gif

Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd season, a recap of S1?! so next is its S2 recap movie?

Silendris said:
Is this place up and running again?!?! That would be the greatest thing ever!! =)
I see you're on the team now, Necro-kun. Ganbatte! :)
thanks Sil'chan! you're missed in FTV, lets see If S2 turns it a bit more lively -_-

gdpetti said:
"TsukiPro the ANimation'... ? another in that genre or something combining the real and the fantasy? like Idolmaster and LoveLive combined???
ok I found TsukiPro 1 more boring and cheap than SideM, unlike Love Live but same plot and unidimensional idols (S2)... so why i keep watching this spin-off guilty pleasure, up to ep'2? guess YoshikoYohane is one of my few reasons :lol:

I prefer the more real idolmaster over the love live fantasy stuff, but the song and dance shows usually work if the songs aren't too bad. I can see why they keep putting them out.

gdpetti said:
I prefer the more real idolmaster over the love live fantasy stuff, but the song and dance shows usually work if the songs aren't too bad. I can see why they keep putting them out.
me too yet ep'8 picks up now that Aqours are in regional prelims, despite they failed to save their school from merging... but yep you must figure out what is real or not, for fooling around at times it feels like a musical theater play!:huh:

gdpetti said:
just watched that original series a few weeks ago, then the Love LIve series, which I see has a new one in second cour this season... they do work...
was nice to see aqours' 1st'year loners befriending former rivals, to dedicate a bit early Xmas concert for big sisters... new year too in ep'10 but more fantasy than previously, that flying car and disowned God clearing up the sky?:mellow:

I'm a little curious, so I'm checking out S1 of this sequel... liked the first set of Love Live... very cute... the odd thing was that the girls didn't continue with it... wasn't that odd? Why write that into the plot? So instead they started from scratch out in a smaller city?.... as an American, i find that very odd... especially for Japan, with all this Idol craze for so long now.... if one's a success, why close out the storyline and start over? I still don't understand that, unless that is what their fandom is into... that reach for the top, the win etc.. and not the continuation afterwards? As that movie was rather good as well... the songs/dance routines, all cutesy stuff, is what makes these shows, and that film was good at both, but had the cast of girls graduate? or at least go their separate ways... odd.

Opening number for this Sunshine version is ok, but not quite as good as the previous.... just about to watch the show.... again, no one but our first girl wants to do it... odd isn't it for Japan/Korea? This plotline isn't new.... with all the JPop and KPop out there... .Has there been a live action version of any of these idol projects? It would seem perfect for a 'Disney' type tv show...

Having trouble with S1 of this... same plotline... high school is the 'principal' or whatever they call it? just cause her family is rich... :wacko: :blink: :rolleyes: Seems a copycat show... from the same production team i suppose, so just an attempt to make easy money off the fans?... sort of like the recent Star Wars franchise that Disney bought? I guess this is hard to avoid, and why so many copycat shows are done... but they should've changed a few more things... and the music so far isn't as good... I finished ep6 S1... I thought I'd like it better seeing how I liked the first version of Love Live... but the repetition is hard to avoid... the writers took the easy way out. I'd rather go back to the original setup of Love Live!... not hating this, but it isn't giving me much to want to watch... -_-

Interesting.. ep, #8 has finally introduced the drama of reality.... getting no votes, how the contest has changed etc.... the pain on which to build stronger, better characters... finally something... setup for quite a while for later affect.... the dubbed VAs are a little screechy at times though... at least going forward, the story has some meat on it like the original series... nice comparison with the 10x larger audience and competition... and they didn't even show their performance, rather that competition they met earlier... nice touch for that '0' score... though I'm a little surprised no mention was made (yet) of why.... not just the performances, but if it's audienced based accounting for the scores, then it's full of kids/family/friends from the Tokyo area... so they have to overcome that aspect as well... 'divide and conquer' applies here as well as everywhere.... I was about to give it up too.

Have they mentioned yet in S1 or S2, why the 'U's stopped performing? that would be a good bit as well...

gdpetti said:
odd isn't it for Japan/Korea? This plotline isn't new.... with all the JPop and KPop out there... .Has there been a live action version of any of these idol projects? It would seem perfect for a 'Disney' type tv show...
actually an IM@S k-drama ended recently, aside south korean idols (unrelated to games or anime) few japanese and thai... still yes similar plot but with their HS closing festival in ep.11, not everything went as they wanted (unlike µ's)<_<

Finally caught up with S2 ep 12... one more to go to finish the season... the story got a lot better as I said above after they finally added some drama into the storyline to separate it from the original... and they even used that when explaining the difference in the competition ... how some groups now are as good as the U's and that group before them, but the increased popularity and competition has made it harder for all those that followed to seem as good... it was a nice bit to add into the story.... the opposite can happen as well in any field... as the early innovators are quickly forgotten once the event/style etc becomes popular... This storyline has those early winners, with less competition at the time, seem better because they were the first to make it popular at a time when all the others that followed, were watching and seeing them as the example to follow... It was an interesting point to make.

The story has taken hold in its own right, but IMO, the songs aren't as good. I wonder if that was similar to this storyline in the anime? I'd have to go back and watch it, but I remember it having better songs compared to this one.
All that's left in the last ep is the final competition and most likely win, unless they plan a season 3 with the 3d years gone, and 3 new 1st years taking their place? Mostly likely they win, and if this series is still popular enough, the next season is in a different location, such as that group up in Hokkaido they visited... This storyline hasn't really mentioned what's next for this group, as their school situation is still up in the air, undetermined where or what exactly. If they merge with another, which school location will be used, or both in limited capacity or what? Usually, it comes down to location... is either property a better public sale or school location between districts etc? This anime's setting is in a real city, 200,000 population not too far from Tokyo, so why not take this storyline to the south of Japan next?...west coast perhaps? If they win, it makes a third season unlikely for the same setting/location/cast of characters... unless they want to approach it from a different angle.. repeat success, something hard to do at any level, especially in schools that have students graduating etc.

Oh well, hope the series ends with a good song.

gdpetti said:
All that's left in the last ep is the final competition and most likely win, unless they plan a season 3 with the 3d years gone, and 3 new 1st years taking their place? Mostly likely they win, and if this series is still popular enough, the next season is in a different location, such as that group up in Hokkaido they visited... This storyline hasn't really mentioned what's next for this group, as their school situation is still up in the air, undetermined where or what exactly. If they merge with another, which school location will be used, or both in limited capacity or what? Usually, it comes down to location... is either property a better public sale or school location between districts etc? This anime's setting is in a real city, 200,000 population not too far from Tokyo, so why not take this storyline to the south of Japan next?...west coast perhaps? If they win, it makes a third season unlikely for the same setting/location/cast of characters...
is better if it really ends despite popularity, unlike that endless PriPara series... at least Aqours and µ's won in their finales, so i doubt S3 ;/ anyway a bit early

Why did you post a quote only? :huh: That said, these always end rather well, though the closing song could've been better... was it just me who thought the original Love Live had better songs? Have I gotten used to this genre so this series seems a little pale in comparison, at least in terms of the songs? Otherwise, it's about the same... No word of a third season? I assume, since most of the group is in the same city, that they'll go to the same school? The Japanese system must have a lot more private schools than here in the States... so consolidation issues is about closures in the public schools, and which ones your kids get transferred to... which is based in zoning, dividing lines like a highway put in the middle of a neighborhood... like political jerrymandering... I think I spelled that right. :unsure: Maybe this issue is so common in Japan that it doesn't need to be mentioned in the anime? The city of this series is rather large, and that school overlooked the bay, so might be a good target for condo development, if the city has enough growth etc... which is usually down there by the shoreline. I assume the public schools are in less desireable locations... and perhaps our girls will get separated if the city has more than one high school? Unless there are more private schools to choose from of course.... I thought some mention of a merge between the private schools would have been in the anime... but nothing.... makes me want to understand the Japanese situation there more.... are they avoiding the core issue and just leaving it to a background story feature or what? That could be interesting for a third cour, but they didn't do it with the original did they? Weren't most of those girls all 3 years? I don't remember.

I did like the last ep.... just a better song and having it used at the Love Live competition itself.... that was wierd not to see it in flashback, given how they wrote this ep to be mostly about the school closing... and the seniors graduating... but it does leave the other girls up in the air... same as the original series... only then, if I remember it correctly, the girls were all going to college, work etc... .and wouldn't be together... I wonder if this loose end is being done on purpose or simply time/money constraints on the budget?

They wrote in a nice emotional ending though... but just mentioning that they won seemed very anticlimatic.... like "Oh, yeah, we won"... :blink: on with the school closing stuff... ^_^

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back