Sora yori mo Tooi Basho

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~
Staff member
Leader Council

Title: A Place Further Than The Universe (A Story that leads to the Antarctica)
Japanese: 宇宙よりも遠い場所
Airing date: 2/1/2018 (TV series 13 episodes)
Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Drama
Original creator: Nene Yoimachi (manga)
Director: Atsuko Ishizuka
Written by: Jukki Hanada
Music by: Yoshiaki Fujisawa
Character designer: Takahiro Yoshimatsu
Art director: Saho Yamane
3D director: Daisuke Kusaka
Sound director: Jin Aketagawa
Director of photography: Yūki Kawashita
Art setting by: Akihiro Hirasawa
Color design by: Harue Ono
Sound effects by: Tsutomu Ueno
Editing by: Kashiko Kimura
Producer: Kenji Nakamoto
Studio: Madhouse
Network: AT-X, Tokyo MX, BS11, MBS
Opening theme: "The Girls Are Alright!" by Saya
Ending theme: "Koko Kara, Koko Kara (ここから、ここから / From Here, From Now On)" by Inori Minase, Kana Hanazawa, Yuka Iguchi and Saori Hayami
Insert song: "Haruka Tooku (ハルカトオク)" by saya

Main cast: Mari Tamaki (玉木マリ) voiced by Inori Minase
Shirase Kobuchizawa (小淵沢報瀬) voiced by Kana Hanazawa
Hinata Miyake (三宅日向) voiced by Yuka Iguchi
Yuzuki Shiraishi (白石結月) voiced by Saori Hayami

Supporting cast: Gin Tōdō (藤堂 吟) voiced by Mamiko Noto
Kanae Maekawa (前川かなえ) voiced by Yōko Hikasa
Yumiko Samejima (鮫島弓子) voiced by Lynn
Megumi Takahashi (高橋めぐみ) voiced by Hisako Kanemoto

Rin Tamaki (玉木リン) voiced by Kaede Hondo
Tamiko Shiraishi (白石民子) voiced by Sayaka Ohara
Takako Kobuchizawa (小淵沢貴子) voiced by Ai Kayano
Chiaki Mukai (迎 千秋) voiced by Masaki Terasoma
Toshio Saizen (財前敏夫) voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka

Dai Himi (氷見 大) voiced by Jun Fukushima
Nobue Todoroki (轟 信恵) voiced by Kana Asumi
Yume Sasaki (佐々木 夢) voiced by Aya Endo
Hanami Yasumoto (安本保奈美) voiced by Mikako Komatsu
Kimari's mother (キマリ母) voiced by Takako Honda

Synopsis: Our first step was always curiosity. For unseen sights, unheard sounds, unsmelled scents, untouched textures, untasted tastes, and unfelt excitement. We travel to find the bits and pieces that we’d forgotten at some point. Howling at 40 degrees, going mad at 50 degrees, screaming at 60 degrees, to the primordial lands beyond the great oceans, at the edge of the earth, far removed from human civilization. This is the story of four girls who travel to the Antarctic, further even than outer space.

gdpetti said:
Uchuu yorimo tooi basho... 4 girls going to the south pole? SoL stuff. hmmm, maybe going for the Admiral Byrd of Operation Highjump 'glory'? :lol: I doubt they want to go in that direction... :ph34r:
i got a bad feeling after ep.1 so I'll wait, still better plot than other series :huh:

Caught up with the Antarctica anime... Sora yori mo Tooi Basho ep 5.... nice setup, writing etc.... I would think the tv show would be very interested in the missing mom if they found out....which they should rather soon with any simple name check....

gdpetti said:
ep 5.... nice setup, writing etc.... I would think the tv show would be very interested in the missing mom if they found out....which they should rather soon with any simple name check....
if she's still alive by the time they arrive :0 it's half-cour already, took too long with training and school stuff so finally... they go in ep'6 ;( nice sightseeing yet frustration, first 1·Million yen lost now a passport! at least both were found -_-

I like the Place Further than the Universe... or girls going to Antarctica... one more ep I see... I'll have to watch it... seems they are set to return home in it.... the previous ep on the other girl in the original trio was interesting as it filled out her character... nice angle to it as well, haven't seen that used much before, and it's commonplace to some extent in school competitions etc. Overall writing in it has been rather good... the aspect of friendship was normal, but well written... a rather quiet work... more real life.

gdpetti said:
I haven't checked out that Antarctica one yet... as well as a couple of others... otherwise I check out others reviews first to see if the writing is ok or not, or the concept is one I like.... same with everyone, no?
At last ep.10 is really their arrival >;( should have waited longer to check it out if i knew, so many xmas eps lately... funny 'yandere's Bday and millennial kind of friendship, but its cliffhanger hints a recap next! they must be joking :angry:

Guess there were two more eps of the Antarctic show.... last ep 12 was well written as well... the characters are all getting well developed... within the genre, but well developed... one more ep.

They ended the Antarctica series rather well for SoL... always as if there will be another season... even if there never is... the possibility always exists.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back