Gimp help?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Masterofallvideogames

Masterofallvideogames
  • Kouhais
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 03:01 AM

Is someone or someone here uses gimp that they can help me to understand it.I try and try but none of the tools make sence.

#2 Yanosuke

Yanosuke

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:32 PM

i've been using gimp for a bit. not an advanced user at all but atleast i know how to use some of the features if not most of the features.
Just let me know what you need help with.

#3 Masterofallvideogames

Masterofallvideogames
  • Kouhais
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:20 AM

In a way anything and everything smile.gif

#4 Yanosuke

Yanosuke

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

ouch.. that's hard lol...

I'll give you some tutorials on how to begin with gimp :

Basic Tutorial:
http://www.gilesorr....orial/gimp.html

More Tutorials ranging from Navigation to 3d Effects:
http://www.pixel2lif...and_navigation/

Here's a small video explaining the user interface:
http://www.tutoriali...Interface/27081

I hope this helps you a bit on the way. if you have trouble understanding something, just ask and i'll reply.

#5 cohpro

cohpro

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:31 AM

Then can u please show me how to use GIMP for creating sigs or tuts cause i don't have a photoshop....
Top Animes For me!
-The Melancholy Of Suzumiya Haruhi(Why do so many people think this Anime sucks?)
-Nanoha StrikerS
-Mai Otome
-Kiddy Grade
Best Ever Mangas
-Magister Negi Magi!!!!!
-Vampire Knight!!!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#6 AxleNox

AxleNox
  • Kouhais
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Anime, mostly Death Note and Naruto ^_^ When I'm not on myspace coding some stuff, I'm usually out with friends or drawing. I wouldn't say my drawings (anime style) are perfect; I've competed in some school art competitions and won once. I sent in a water-color painting last year and received a metal from the state about a month ago saying I was one of the top 3 out of 500 students who won :) The subject of the competition was "Wildlife in South Texas", but I painted an alligator found in Australia and my teacher passed it off saying is was legit. XD So yeah...

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:10 AM

I'm a "newb" when it comes to editing ;o; These tutorials are good for GIMP2 as well, correct?

Anyway, the only thing I know how to do on GIMP2 is changing the color of an image. I do this by using the "Paths Tool" to select the area I want to color, and then on the Image, I hit Colors > Colorize. I finalize my work by clicking "Okay" and then upload it into photobucket tongue.gif

However, the "Paths Tool" is the only tool I know how to use T.T Everything else is confusing, and I've only had GIMP2 for such a short period. I want to learn how to change the background of an image. And it would be nice if someone told me me what layers are for o_0 Please respond asap happy.gif

#7 Nahrallah

Nahrallah

-dono

• Fansub TV Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music (playing and listening), Literature, Art, Needlework

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

cohpro: Here's How to make a SIGNATURE using GIMP. There's also the Advanced signature tutorial for gimp users . If you prefer a video then there's Gimp tutorial- Making your first signature.

AxleNox: Here are some GIMP 2 Video Demos and How to change the background of an image.

Layers are one of the most useful features available with Gimp. Layers make your image infinitely manipulable. They do so by separating elements of your image into separate sheets, each of which can be altered and stacked on top of one another. This way, when you select part of the image to move, you aren't moving the entire image, just the part that's on that layer. (Source: NWE Help: Graphics: Gimp: Layers)

Other useful sites that can teach you how to use GIMP are:
GIMP Tutorials
GIMP User Group (GUG) Tutorials
GIMP Tutorials - Learning The GIMP

TkTaEGP.gif

"You're five hundred years old and you can't use a telephone?

Read the directions. What are you, an immortal idiot?" 

(Daniel to Armand, Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice)

Fansub.TV blogs ... here's mine: Muso at work! ^.^

 Think different.

FansubTVCrew.jpg

#8 cohpro

cohpro

-chan

• Kouhais
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

Many thanks to Nahrallah whom helped alot. Another advice to using gimp would be to try to use your trusty friend "Google". If you are unsure about a part of gimp for example "Greyscale" just type in "Greyscale GIMP" and the answer would show itself.....
Top Animes For me!
-The Melancholy Of Suzumiya Haruhi(Why do so many people think this Anime sucks?)
-Nanoha StrikerS
-Mai Otome
-Kiddy Grade
Best Ever Mangas
-Magister Negi Magi!!!!!
-Vampire Knight!!!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users