64 replies to this topic

#61 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

Can you add me to the ecchi group? I'm 18+ and was a part of it in the past. Thanks
kazawa

Sure, done :)

#62 TNT

TNT

-nii

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

It's always fun dropping back in occasionally and seeing what has happened to this place. :) Warms my heart seeing it still alive and in development.

user posted image
Aku wa yurusan!

#63 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

I am pleased to announce the availability of the Fansub.TV archive, aka the original Fansub.TV forums from before the upgrade.

https://oldboards.fansub.tv/

The board has also been upgraded to use HTTPS / secure login.

Please note that you will need to login to access the site, use the old username and password you used back in October 2016.

oldftv-1.png oldftv-2.png

Please do not post anything to the old site, as it will be impossible to import any of the content back into here.

Also note that many of the off-board links will actually take you back to the new/current site as the links have not been changed.

And...

The web chat has been replaced with Web IRC connecting to Rizon ! (The old chat service was discontinued by IPB so I replaced it).

#64 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

I have some sad and disapointing news to bring to you all, when I had hoped to be bringing something really exciting.

Over the past few days I have been working on the Next Gen + version of Fansub, it is actually quite far ahead in terms of the current setup and required the OS to be upgraded as well as the forum suite, and a totally new theme made from scratch, which I had just got to the point I was happy with.

Unfortunatly, the people behind the IPS suite decided to kill off the IP Content system and replace it with 'Pages', this replacement is supposed to be better, however it dosn't have the ability to run full code inside, which means that all of the Anime side of Fansub/MATV could not run, and therefore makes the whole thing pointless.

--> BUT see update post below <---

So therefore, here are some screenshots of 'What it could have been' but sadly won't.

forum-1.png forum-2.png gallery.png

I do have a ticket open with IPS about this, but I don't think anything will come from it.

We are currently running on a version of the forum which out of support, and sadly almost back to square one all over again.

At this moment I honestly do not know what to do. I will have to spend an even longer amount of time trying to find a solution, but there may not be one.

Edited by Maiku_Ando, 03 August 2017 - 08:13 PM.
See update below!

#65 Maiku_Ando

Maiku_Ando

-dono

• MATV Leaders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Further to the post above I have a new screenshot to share...

streamingepisode.png
(click to enlarge)

That is the streaming episode page, this is where you get to when following the frontpage, then streaming, Fate stay night 2015, episode 0 prologue.

The episode page is one of the more simple code pages, which is why I chose to try this first, and in case its not clear from the screenshot...its actually working!

This is using the 'blocks' feature which does still allow full code, its a bit more of a hassle, and some things don't work, but it *might* be possible to get the site working this way, it will require a lot of code changes and will take a long time. But it is better than nothing at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users