• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Norren @ Jun 09 2014, 04:48 AM)
As far as the other characters go, hurray, Mikihiko scenes!  Mikihiko is our supporting protagonist for the volume, much in the same sort of way that Waver Velvet was the supporting protagonist for Fate/Zero.  His personal hero's journey in this arc is quite good, and it starts with his exchange with Tatsuya at the end of Ep 10.

Did I miss Kei and Kanon's introduction?  I've been a little out of it the last few weeks, so I may have just spaced it, but it seemed like they just threw them at us in the anime, with little to no explanation of who they are.
KanonxKei debuted in #9 but their screentime didnt stand out much, compared to other secondary characters... as you say now makes sense why the focus on Mikihiko in a protagonic way, specially ep'11 than any other apart MiyuxTatsu wink.gif
December xmas! Re:zero 0VA Memory snow -a: Ram, s: Emilia

Scores of my Latest Top 10 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze - 10/10 (ar) B+
2. Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken - 9/10 (airing) B-
3. Overlord III - 9/10 (waiting for new Ple Ple Pleiades 0VA) B
4. Goblin Slayer - 8/10 (airing) C-
5. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 - 8/10 (ongoing) B+
6. Golden Kamuy 2nd Season - 7/10 (airing) B
7. Sword Art Online: Alicization - 7/10 (airing) B-
8. Yagate Kimi ni Naru - 6/10 (airing) A+
9. Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa - 6/10 (airing) A+
10. Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan - 5/10 (airing) A
*GP: Gyakuten Saiban Sono Shinjitsu, Igi Ari! S2 - 4/10 (ar) A-

#42 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts
  • Interests:My Anime List (UNCOMPLETED): -

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/JCDRANZER

To get my original "total post count"..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of "spamming".....bah. >.>

NAMES: -

JCDRANZER - Sky King ~ Rey del Cielo ~ Ô-SAMAのスパム!

COMPLETED DORAMA:-

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    3.) Hana Yori Dango Season 1
    4.) Hana Yori Dango Season 2
    5.) Hanazaraki no kimi tachi E (J-version)
    6.) It Started with a Kiss
    7.) Majo no Jouken (Forbidden Love)
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    10.) Sang Doo, Let's go to School!
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or "Sapuri")
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger & Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    19.) Nobuta wa Produce (Wonderful!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    21.) Ikebukuro West Gate Park (aka IWGP) (+Special) (AMAZING!)
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    23.) [email protected] (Loved it!!)
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    27.) Kisarazu Cat's Eye (One of Fav series!!)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    30.) Boku dake no Madonna
    31.) Good Luck!!
    32.) H2 ~ Kimi to Itahibi
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    34.) Dekichatta Kekkon (Shotgun Marriage)
    35.) The Devil (Mawang) (The best series ever!!)
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    38.) Goong (Princess Hours/Palace)
    39.) HERO

Currently Watching DORAMA: -

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    7.) Gumiho (Nine-Tail Fox/Forbidden Love)
    8.) Hello my Teacher! (Hardtack Teacher and Sugar Candy)
    9.) Coffee Prince
    10.) Hana-Kimi (TW-dorama)
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    13.) Strawberry on the Shortcake
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    16.) Fated to Love You (new Taiwanese Dorama)
    17.) Maison Ikkoku SPECIAL
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    27.) So I'm not so Handsome
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

I'm looking forward to watch (in terms of anime): -

1.) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    6.) Tower of Druaga - the Aegis of Uruk
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

I just did a mini-marathon from episode 11 to 16, it was a nice watch and I'm kinda glad I left the episodes build up since I essentially watched the core of the Nine Schools Competition.

I don't want an original ending for this anime, I like the way it's being done but it also sucks at the same time as we don't get to know the conclusion of the entire story, which we will have to wait for.

Another thing is despite the story being kinda awesome it does have it's flaws, which were evident in the light novels with the story being all over the place at times or when they just leave a question hanging and move on to another aspect of the story. That's why at times the anime may seem incoherent. An example is when the short girl starts thinking if Tatsuya is really Silver, she racks her brain for a bit and then we just move to the next scene without any hesitation.

I'm glad I got back to watching this. biggrin.gif

<p>rat7w4.jpg<br><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://myanimelist.n...t/JCDRANZER'>My Incomplete Anime List =P</a></span></span></b><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.sugoidesu.com'>sdime.jpg</a><br><br><span><span><span style="font-family:Geneva;"><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Seishun Bakusou!</span></span></b></span><br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://imageshack.us'>bannerwimio2.gif</a><br>Tsukihime-1.jpg<br>BiggestSpammer.jpg<br>penpen.jpg<br><br><br><span><span>jcdranzerssigcopypc0.jpg<br><br><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="font-family:Optima;"><span style="color:#008000;">LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span></span> <span><span>sayakatanasi7.gif</span></span><br><br><b><span style="color:#0000FF;">TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!</span></b><br><br><span style="color:#FF0000;">TITLES ---></span> <span><span><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">JCD-Ô-SAMAã®ã‚¹ãƒ‘ム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!!</span></span> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">nickname given by the <b>Lovely Orofena</b></span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#008000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)</span></span><br><span style="color:#FFA500;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!</span></span></span></span> </span></span> </span></span></p>

#43 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

after Monolith code ep.17 got more serious, with teachers beating a generator...
user posted imagespecial 4 subbed! next ep, the magical girl sport final and summer holiday arc smile.gif

#44 Norren

Norren

Lazy Artist

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Jul 29 2014, 12:00 AM)
after Monolith code ep.17 got more serious, with teachers beating a generator...

Those weren't teachers. Recall the Army major and people that Tatsuya spoke with earlier? For their second meeting, all of those guys were in the same room. Take note of them, they'll be more involved in the next plot arc and in the flashback arc. (which I'm doubtful we'll see, now.)

Those are undercover members of the 101st Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion. They're sort of the classified/top secret, wild loose cannon of Japan's magic-equipped armed forces. Tatsuya works for them as a "special lieutenant", which has been mentioned a few times through the series. Contrary to what you might think, Ono-sensei has absolutely no connection to the 101st other than Tatsuya borrowing her from the government every now and then for intel when he can't rely on the 101st's resources for whatever reason.

Speaking of the 101st's resources... The girl is Fujibayashi Kyouko, aka the "Electron Sorceress", the granddaughter of Old man Kudou. She's pretty much the only equal Tatsuya has in information warfare. (She can communicate with any digital device tracelessly, compared to Tatsuya's "Elemental sight" which grants him perfect Eidos/idea world perception within a short spherical radius or so.)

I have no idea if Fujibayashi can talk to analog devices or not. It's never come up.

#45 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Norren @ Jul 29 2014, 03:44 AM)
Those weren't teachers. Recall the Army major and people that Tatsuya spoke with earlier? For their second meeting, all of those guys were in the same room. Take note of them, they'll be more involved in the next plot arc and in the flashback arc. (which I'm doubtful we'll see, now.)

Those are undercover members of the 101st Independent Magic-Equipped Battalion. They're sort of the classified/top secret, wild loose cannon of Japan's magic-equipped armed forces. Tatsuya works for them as a "special lieutenant", which has been mentioned a few times through the series. Contrary to what you might think, Ono-sensei has absolutely no connection to the 101st other than Tatsuya borrowing her from the government every now and then for intel when he can't rely on the 101st's resources for
thanx for the correction ;p I recall them in a meeting (ep'11), but i got it wrong since Kyōko called sensei to Yamanaka ('15)... so I believed they're undercover like Ono, who met Tatsuya secretly ('18) before he kills the No-head Dragons cool.gif

#46 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    13.) Suppli (or &quot;Sapuri&quot;)
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    18.) Tiger &amp; Dragon (5 STARS - BRILLANT!!! XD)
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    24.) Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi ~the smile has left your eyes~ (A Million Stars Falling from the Sky ~ the smile has left your eyes~)
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

Anime...I was hardcore with it but I'm just laying off it for a bit....will get back to it in due course.

Hehehe...MyAnimeList......I was never able to complete it.....too long and I remember being the one who showed the site to a few others....who ended up actually doing it....anyways....I've got my one here....the link is up there...go check out my laziness....slowly at a snail pace at doing the anime list...which for me exceed over 800 watched series/OVAs/movies........yup......I've been into anime for a hefty long time now. LOL

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Episode 20 and 21 were great particularly episode 21 with most of the episode being something shippers of the show will enjoy with most pairings given a lot more attention. Erika and Leo...I mean it's an obvious pairing that didn't seem to be moving forward but the latest episodes suggest it's starting to move with Erika admiring Leo's manliness and Leo getting a sneak peek of Erika, ah that was hilarious.

It was nice to see that everyone at the after-practice break noticed that Mizuki and Mikihiko have romantic feelings for each other but it's only them who are not aware of what they are feeling right now. It was funny to see how the oppsite genders reacted to the situations, with the guys getting jealous at first and then getting 'horny' after seeing what's hidden under Mizuki's skirt, whereas, the girls blushing from the innocent not-yet-a-couple scene and then eventually ordering Mikihiko to chase after her. laugh.gif

Edited by JCDRANZER, 24 August 2014 - 02:22 PM.

<p>rat7w4.jpg<br><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#0000FF;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://myanimelist.n...t/JCDRANZER'>My Incomplete Anime List =P</a></span></span></b><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.sugoidesu.com'>sdime.jpg</a><br><br><span><span><span style="font-family:Geneva;"><b><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="color:#FF0000;">Seishun Bakusou!</span></span></b></span><br><br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://imageshack.us'>bannerwimio2.gif</a><br>Tsukihime-1.jpg<br>BiggestSpammer.jpg<br>penpen.jpg<br><br><br><span><span>jcdranzerssigcopypc0.jpg<br><br><span style="font-size:14pt;"><span style="font-family:Optima;"><span style="color:#008000;">LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!</span></span></span> <span><span>sayakatanasi7.gif</span></span><br><br><b><span style="color:#0000FF;">TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!</span></b><br><br><span style="color:#FF0000;">TITLES ---></span> <span><span><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">JCD-Ô-SAMAã®ã‚¹ãƒ‘ム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!!</span></span> <span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">nickname given by the <b>Lovely Orofena</b></span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#008000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#0000FF;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)</span></span><br><span style="color:#FFA500;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!</span></span><br><span style="color:#FF0000;"><span style="font-size:8pt;">Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!</span></span></span></span> </span></span> </span></span></p>

#47 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts

To get my original &quot;total post count&quot;..... add (+) 500 posts, they were reduced coz of &quot;spamming&quot;.....bah. &gt;.&gt;

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Episode 22, yes this show is still pretty decent. The thing with this series in general despite having a vast world and an actual story, most of the time it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. Hence, the end of the first season won't really resolve anything. However, I would still like a 2nd season because I sort of what to know more about the characters.

#48 Hyuuga

Hyuuga

Hakke Kūshō

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:03 PM

I agree I've been enjoying this series

Its was cool to see Chiba fight the Tiger as well as Mari
user posted image
All hail BRFCFC!!

#49 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Hyuuga @ Sep 01 2014, 10:03 AM)
I agree I've been enjoying this series

Its was cool to see Chiba fight the Tiger as well as Mari
agreed best arc so far, by its cliffhanger in ep.23 the OP mecha finally attacks...
user posted imageat last special #5 is about MizuxMiki, also I want more ErixLeo and hot doctorbiggrin.gif

#50 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

I love the American singing the ED song, she's so damn good.

Just watched ep 23 and 24, thank god I waited because the ending of episode 23 would have annoyed me not to be able to see what happens next. Episode 24 was great and finally that "large group" is aware of one Shiba's many secretive identities. laugh.gif Kyoko x Chiba is a cute pairing...I hope it works out for them.

It's a shame there's like only 2 more episodes left but considering the popularity of the show and sales of the DVD/BDs of the anime being so successful with 10,000 sales just from the first 2 volumes. This series is most definitely getting a 2nd season but I'm not sure how soon though.

#51 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

The American I was talking about is of course Rachel Rhodes, who is known as Yasuda Rei.

Episode 25 was great, I didn't expect Tatsuya to reveal yet another secret of his and I'm glad he "restored" them both. Ahhh Mibu was in such shock but good for her now . biggrin.gif

#52 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

epic YD arc finale and S2 cliffhanger, but summer holiday was skipped! OVAs?...
user posted imagejust found out the official Aniplex US youtube channel, subbing all its specials ohmy.gif

#53 Masich

Masich

-san

• Sempais
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:14 PM

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

I did have my comments about the whole stuff that I didn't like in the begin..which made me barely being able to watch it.
I'm still going to say that the whole schools competition stuff lasted Far to long and was Far to slow for me to enjoy it or make sense of it! But, I honestly enjoyed the story and the development of the rest.

Overall, my rating for Mahouka: 8,6/10
Animation: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Characters: 8/10

I actually hope there will be a second season, seeing as only 7 of the 14 novels (so far) have been adapted.

#54 JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER

- Sky King

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8829 posts

1.) Kurosagi
    2.) Liar Game
    8.) Devil Beside You
    9.) My Boss, My Hero
    11.) Full House
    12.) One Pound Gospel
    14.) Bull Fighting
    15.) Sleeping Forest
    16.) Stand Up!!
    17.) Galileo
    20.) Proposal Daisakusen
    22.) Dragon Zakura
    25.) Mukodono 2003
    26.) Gokusen (Season 1)
    28.) Long Vacation
    29.) Bambino!
    31.) Good Luck!!
    33.) 4 Shimai Tantei Dan
    36.) Engine
    37.) Puzzle(2007)
    39.) HERO

1.) Gokusen series
    2.) GTO
    3.) They Kiss Again
    4.) Honey and Clover
    5.) Love Contract
    6.) Fantasy Couple
    9.) Coffee Prince
    11.) Wonderful Life
    12.) Himitsu no Hanazono
    14.) Lunch Queen
    15.) Densha Otoko
    18.) Shukumei SPECIAL
    19.) Maou
    20.) Osen
    21.) HERO
    22.) Last Christmas
    23.) Resurrection
    24.) Zettai Kareshi
    25.) Romeo and Juliet
    26.) Yasuko to Kenji
    28.) Attention Please

2.) Macross Frontier
    3.) Vampire Knight
    4.) Sekirei
    5.) xxxHOLiC - Kei
    7.) To-LOVE-Ru
    8.) Special A
    9.) Itzura na Kiss
    10.) Real Drive
    11.) Nabari no Ou
    12.) Shina Dark
    13.) Soul Eater
    14.) Blassreiter
    15.) Crystal Blaze
    16.) Amatsuki

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

The show had it's ups and downs. I too was a little fazed with the show at first until I started reading the source material, which is just a gigantic cesspool of characters, which the anime already is but it's way more in the novels with each arc introducing at least 5 to 6 new characters albeit not all important characters though.

I appreciated this anime and it did well in keeping my attention for 26 episodes, the first half was definitely weaker than the second half which ended strong. I do hope to see a 2nd season and yes despite covering 7 volumes of material, it was still only really the bare bones of those 7 volumes.

The music was decent, I particularly liked the first OP and the second ED, the OST was okay, I wasn't attach to it. The animation was good but I wasn't totally happy with a few of the character designs such as Haruka Ono being kinda "chubby" making her look like a middle-aged housewife who gave up going to the gym, her character is suppose to be a "super-ninja" who's really really hot and is a potential love interest to Tatsuya but instead she's none-of-that in the anime and looks like a cuddly sheep.

I'm giving this anime a 8.5/10, which it just attained by the skin of it's teeth because of how enjoyable the last few episodes of the show were.

Edited by JCDRANZER, 28 September 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#55 motormind

motormind

-san

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

This show had some potential, but boy, it got boring fast. Tatsuya is way overpowered and in the end I just leaned back, knowing that guy would solve everything anyway. I mean, not even the (potential) death of his friends formed any kind of threat since he he could just revive them .

Miyuki was way more interesting, even if it was only because she was not some kind of magic-wielding god. But even she was a bit overpowered, seeing how the last potential fight scene she had simply ended with her freezing the guy, without him being able to do anything . Why couldn't there at least have been some awesome fight, in which Miyuki shows her strength and resolve?

It would have been more interesting if Miyuki and Tatsuya would have shared more abilities. What would have been wrong with Miyuki being the smart inventor, or the great tactician? Now all those capabilities had been crammed into one person, at the cost of a more interesting sibling dynamic.

The music was generally fine, and I enjoyed seeing the animated version of Yokohama.

Edited by motormind, 29 September 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#56 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4487 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:00 PM

The Irregular at Magic high School the Movie: The girl who summons the stars
Mahouka-Movie-1.jpg mahoukanew.jpg

I honestly enjoyed the story and the development of the rest.

Overall, my rating for Mahouka: 8,6/10
Animation: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Characters: 8/10

I actually hope there will be a second season, seeing as only 7 of the 14 novels (so far) have been adapted.

Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei (tv series 26 episodes) spring to summer 2014- 9/10
MknR Hoshiwo Yobu Shōjo (theatrical film) spring 2017' (BR) winter 2018- 8/10