The F.A.Q. Thread

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

ultima2096

-kun
Retired
I thought a thread like this maybe usefull as many times when I'm watching and anime I question what/how/why things happen. So if you got a question or an answer to someones question post away.
Keep your questions numbered to make answering them easier.
Now for my first question,
Q1~how come in so many animes theres teenages living by themselves and part two of this question, is how come they seem to have endless money?
I thought of this whilst watching fate stay/night and he was off to do some shopping, and i was thinking how does he go shopping with no money as he clearly doent work. and I've seen this in ALOT of other animes aswell. 'He is my master' is the only one to give me a suitable explaination.
Q2~Why does noone look japanese in anime?

A1: First part, i really dont know, maybe its because its more fun than having their parents there bothering. Second part, because they recieve a pension/money from their parents untill tey become legal adults.

A2: Haha, well asian people have small eyes, and anime/manga people have big eyes so they can reflect emotions better, and as anime was created to reflect hapiness to jappanese people after they lost the war, tehy got big eyes. Well, thats what i guess.

Q3: Anyone understood Gantz end??? did Kurono died? or did he returned to live? did he defeated gantz?really, what the hell happened there? BANG!

A2: It may have something to do with the influence of the western culture. To me, it seems that some parts of western culture interests Japanese. Maybe the Japanese, somehow praise the western and that is why, the Japanese try to use characters with "bigger eyes" (as a symbol of "europeans") doing/following the same 'ol Japanese culture, trying to keep the teenagers/teens close to the Japanese culture and prevent them from abandoning the Japanese Culture. In other words, saving their culture from, being destroyed by the wester culture.

A1: don't know... maybe its just japanese culture that when people do that the DO have endless money or just he creators fantasy...
happy.gif
but even thought its like that... wanna have a life with endless money doing nothing...
wink.gif

Q4: how come an anime which is based from manga must wait for the manga to get a lead start and if the anime and the manga in a way come close to each other... the anime much do fillers while the manga do more chapters... i mean why? can't they juts do the anime and manga hand in hand and maybe just slow down the pace on how much resource the anime is getting from the manga?

Re: Q4

There are series that do not follow their mangas, and quite often, the fans of the manga don't support the anime. It does open it up for new fans though. Also, comics are a different media than a television show. Anime has a schedule to run on and usually the episodes are airing at a specified time each week. Therefore, they must keep the story going and if they've caught up to the manga, they'll often do filler arcs until there is new plot. Comics don't have the same rigid deadlines as a show that has airtime for x number of seaons, so the mangaka can spend more time working things out.

Q5. Regards the anime AirTV.
Guy meets girl, is kinda a sad story then bam, your a thousand yrs in the past (ok i thought) then the guys turns into a bird...
Does Air actually make sense? I watched it once about a yr ago and wheneva i think of it, this series of events plays through my head.

Q6. What started the Giant Robot craze? (i.e. gundam etc)

A4. Bleach follows manga, if it cant follow the manga it takes breaks or has a filler intermission to stop the story running away and then not matching up with the manga.

Air is great anime... yes it is really kinda disturbing that the girl was reincarnated 1000 yrs ago a guy turning into a bird but man... the story was really deep..

took me and my friends aobut 2 to a month to decode the anime...
wacko.gif
happy.gif

QUOTE (Angel453455 @ Mar 30 2006, 11:19 PM) Air is great anime... yes it is really kinda disturbing that the girl was reincarnated 1000 yrs ago a guy turning into a bird but man... the story was really deep..

took me and my friends aobut 2 to a month to decode the anime...
wacko.gif
happy.gif

-the 1000 years in the past (not sure if that's the right time, but yeah, in the past) they are telling the story of how the curse came to be, that is just them in their past lives for that part of the anime.

- from what i have read on other forums, it seems that the guy and the crow are the same person (they are both incarnations of the same soul), and in theory reincarnation is not bound by time, so that it is possible that their may be multiple incarnations of a person existing at once.

A6: I guess it started with Ultra-man, but then the real hit was robotech (or macross) after this, the mechas gained a lot of fans. and now we have tons of series like this

but it took us like i said a lot of time.. cause first need to remove the depressing mood then decode the story... meaning by decoding is what is the meaning of almost all the symbolisms... like what does the bike in rain represent... or the juice which is sour.... or why is the logo of air like that... etc. like it even though its complicated... cause it is what makes that anime great...
biggrin.gif

Q7. Man, i feel like im the only one asking questions lol! but ive always wondered is there any anime targeted specifically at the ladies?, and if the are is there any any ecchi ones cos it would amuse me greatly to see one girl living alone with 50 guys after her!

QUOTE (ultima2096 @ Mar 31 2006, 06:42 PM) ive always wondered is there any anime targeted specifically at the ladies?
Of course! There's an entire shoujo genre isn't there? Not to mention the yaoi subgenre
laugh.gif

And there are series with one girl having to pick between numerous guys, only they're not 'ecchi', but more of the romance style.

sorry ultima2096 if i am not really active in this thread...
tongue.gif
anyway lets get to my question...
smile.gif

Q8: why does ever love and romance anime have at least 1 beach since? i mean... does everyone have the luxury to do something like that always?
blink.gif

anyway thats for now...
happy.gif

Answer to Angel: The directors want the viewers (aka:us) to know that there's a love connection. without certain scenes, it might be months before you guys finally realize it. Also, it just makes scenes more interesting (considering the ecchis you guys need and crap HAHAHA!). Refer to Love Hina.

man lol! the ecchi need is kinda true... but i think lets just limit it to guys... XD

Q10: why do people who don't know or like anime either brand anime as a cartoon or something evil...
dry.gif
ph34r.gif
cause people i know who tell me that anime is good are people who are into anime before or now... but not from a person who haven't seen or didn't like anime for some reason...
dry.gif
happy.gif

A2: I've heard that in Japan, large eyes are considered attractive. That's why females have bigger eyes than guys, and females that are supposed to be attractive have bigger eyes than females who aren't as attractive. Just look at Karin. I don't find her attractive, but it's obvious they were trying to make her attractive. Then look at the other girls. See if you can spot the difference.

A10: if something doesn't interest you, you don't take the time to understand it. If you saw a cockroach, would you be able to tell what variety of cockroach it is? Would you even care? People develop a perception about things like anime, and have no interest in learning the truth, so they accept their perception as if it were truth.

nice answer sk7!
biggrin.gif
*gives a cookie* LOL!!!
laugh.gif

anyway...
Q11: what is the difference of ecchi and hentai? cause if you look at there english translation both means pervert... so technically these words mean the same... but when looking in animes... ecchi is somehow "less perverted" than hentai?
unsure.gif
blink.gif
smile.gif

A8: I´ll quote Yukari sensei "More fanservice, twice as usual" LOL

Q12: why is it that there isnt a question 9?

Q13: What does AKA means? No, im not refering to red in jappanese, i mean this one:
QUOTE The directors want the viewers (aka:us) to know ...

I know when is used, but dont know what it means

A11: yes, it is somewhat "less perverted". Consider: Hentai has a "little" more "action" involved than ecchi does. In a nutshell, ecchi kinda means "perverted" and hentai kinda means ..... all the words you can think of....

Other than that, if you watch enough animes that involves people saying "pervert", they use ecchi and hentai in the same meaning.

A12: Angel453455 ='s ばか lol.. only jking... (but nt really
wink.gif
)
A11: I think ecchi and hentai mean the same thing in japanese. but westerners dipicted ecchi less perverted than hentai seeing as hentai is used more often and is associated with the 'dirty' lol.. its just an easier way of catagrising nude and non nude anime and manga for westeners and it was convinent that the japanese had to seperate words for 'perverted'.
A13: AKA means Also known as.
so in this QUOTE The directors want the viewers (also known as us) to know .... but technically speaking there is no need for the
QUOTE (aka:us) this person is just trying to sound clever!!
wink.gif

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back