cpanel22.gzo.com

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The webserver GZO22 was turned off in favor of the new database/screenshots server, and some of the traffic is being directed there. It just takes time to get all the traffic to flow to the right places.

Score. Bandwidth issues on the newer server, or was it just more of the above?

~ SP

It wasn't really a bandwidth issue. The bandwidth issue was for the account that says "Oops! An error has occured! .. blah blah blah about our host not being happy.. so try out our mirror servers while we load balance things.. blah blah". After that page gets shown too many times, then the bandwidth for that error message gets used up.

It was like too much ram/cpu usage on the server so they ended up manually suspending it for a bit.

That's not very nice... You ARE paying for bandwidth, so shouldn't they let you have it?

That's what i'm thinking too, but I guess that's how they keep their servers running well. They make sure that all the sites running on it don't use up too much of their server resources and when it does, they suspend it.

censoreds. How dare they! How much Bandwidth are you paying for anyway? And had you used it all up when they suspended you?

QUOTE (sasha @ Feb 6 2005, 04:20 PM) censoreds. How dare they! How much Bandwidth are you paying for anyway? And had you used it all up when they suspended you?
Eh, nope. The site itself is rather light on bandwidth. It's just that there was too much traffic to a single server and that caused too much load for them.

I see. It's still mean, though. Can't you sue them for not getting what you paid for or something?

Nah, I think it's in their terms of service somewhere. Usually companies are pretty smart and they won't do things that will get them in trouble.

lol... sueing is too american
wink.gif
i hated it that the boards were down for so long.. damn you, limited bandwidth!!

missed ya guys
wink.gif

/jp

Missed you too, DD and DavidY
smile.gif

What's wrong with a group hug?
happy.gif

QUOTE Usually companies are pretty smart and they won't do things that will get them in trouble.

Lol! Wanna bet?

But yeah, I know what you mean. Why don't you switch hosts? Or is this one really cheap?

QUOTE (darkdog @ Feb 6 2005, 04:47 PM) lol... sueing is too american
wink.gif
i hated it that the boards were down for so long.. damn you, limited bandwidth!!

missed ya guys
wink.gif

/jp
Yeah, the site is rather static and doesnt reply as much as you do.
laugh.gif

Its fun here.
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back