suggestion

Ad: Buy Girls Und Panzer Merch from Play Asia!

Dragon_Lord

-chi
Kouhai
well this is just a suggestion and i kinda doubt anyone will really like my idea but i think it would be fun if it did go threw. well anyway i was wondering if meaby we added a rp(role play for those who do not know what this means) section to the forums. i know that this site is about anime and all but think about it people will be able to rp as characters they like or make one of there own. of course there will be a lot of rules that will need to be made and will be very time consuming but in the end don't you think it would be nice to just rp.

i could help out with it and everything cuz i have rp'ed before even though it wasn't using a forum but a chat site. even so i know what should be done about rp not to say i am an expert by no means am i one. anyway it's just been a thought in my mind and decided to give it a shot and see what people think not really expecting much to come of this but it's better to ask then just keep it to myself.

oh also on a side note if you do get a little interested in this and want me to post a little about what type of rules i think would be good for such a section then by all means ask.

EDIT/Extra: ok both of you think it will just cause spam but adding any new section to the forum is ganna possibly cause spam. reason being it is a new section people will flock to it to be one of the first to post in it. also doom i don't think you really understand what i meant by rp yes i know rp is role play but that doesn't mean that is d&d. d&d and rp are similar but different also i am not really sure why i am arguing this i highly doubt this will even pass. now if you want a even more descriptive thing about what i mean by this then just ask right now i am just giving a basic outlining of what i mean to see if people are interested and if so i will give more detail to what it is. but now i feel like i am ranting so i'll just stop here and see how this goes hehe why even bother crossing my fingers
tongue.gif

To really shorten the explaination from the stuff i know and read about already for that that I've forgotten ... XD
It would be asking for spam in the end. Some other mods would explain it better though haha... XD

Hmm role playing huh. I like the idea but I think to play on the forum may be a little hard with time zones and all. Also it may be considered as spam as it would pretty much be a conversation between the members of the game. So I can't see it happening, but on Team Speak that is a different story. You could setup a day and then play, all you would need is dice and a character sheet. Only thing is you wouldn't know if someone was cheating on their throws. Another thing is all the rules and things would be pretty hard too know. I guess one could post all the details of the game or something, but then you may get in trouble for copyright laws.

I like this idea but I don't see it happening.

I think it would be better if you gave us the finer details because as it seems Doom has mistaken the Rp your talking about for something different.

Myself personally im rather confused as to how this whole role playing will go down because of all the different time zones etc... Also people may see a new section as a spam section and then it may lead to it just becoming completely spam which would give the mods a headache. So it would be best to explain everything about this, then that way we will get a finer idea as to what this is in need of what it can bring to FTV etc...

well ok i will give some more finer details and yeah i proly should of at the start but oh well. anyway even though people are in different timezones and different countries for that matter shouldn't be a big deal because this isn't d&d with would need to be done in real time. there would need to also be some subsections to it also but not that many are really needed i would go with the subsections being like a bios of what the character is your rping as even if it is based completely on an anime character you have seen. another subsection would be like a general area for one rp chars to interact and again it doesn't have to be real time. then of course you would have a battle section for people who want to battle and yes i understand this would be a spam area but there are rules to how you are supposed to battle in rp. that's all the subsections i can think of as of now. but now as for a general rule for rping is you would have to post a bios of what you want your rp char to be but you don't have to put absolutely everything about your char you can have some mystery to it. now with battling, seeing as that will be the hardest one and most subjected to spam, the rules there will have to have some depth to what each person posts it can be as simple as, ex: punches other guy, that would just be lame and spam. there would be like a word limit to each post and also you should more describe what it is you are doing in full detail and just i punched you. and if both people agree then there battle doesn't have to be like real time. now i do understand that this is still kinda a rough description but it is hard for me to say exactly what i am thinking so please bare with me on this. now really what this would bring to ftv in general is a totally new aspect i know ftv is mostly about anime and a little about games but why not have it more then just that is all i am saying here. now you don't have to accept this then again that goes without saying but what i want you to do is think about it more and not just discard it just like that and who knows meaby you will find that it will be an interesting experience and may enjoy it. anyway i hope this gives you a little better idea to what i am thinking and hope you like the idea also
smile.gif

For havign an RP forum in this place may be a bad idea sicne there are a lot of people that would join in and the person who started it has to be kind of a caretaker on who the RP should be played out. If this was a site with a smaller ammount of regular users then maybe I'd say otherise.

QUOTE (Dragon_Lord @ Dec 09 2008, 07:09 AM)well ok i will give some more finer details and yeah i proly should of at the start but oh well. anyway even though people are in different timezones and different countries for that matter shouldn't be a big deal because this isn't d&d with would <snip>
Sorry, but can you please use full words and not over abbreviate, and use paragraphs. The General Rules here do state this is a forum for discussion, not a mobile phone for sending text messages. Your post above was so hard to read I gave up half way through it.

QUOTE (General Rules @ General Posting Rules: * Post only in English)Please try to keep to proper standard written english. Excessive shorthand or slang is not allowed since it just makes it harder for everyone else to understand what you're trying to say.
With regard to the Role Playing, I personally like role playing, although do not have the time to do it anymore. Personally, I dont think we need a new section as the Games section is already in place, a new thread perhaps - ie a thread per game like now.

However I cant see how it will work in a forum enviroment, you have a series of characters which are playing, as soon as you have interaction between more than 2 players you get an instant problem - because player 3 is not present, so that flying dragon-ball-z kick you just threw at his head has no effect - the playing has to stop and wait for that person to come back - if they come back at all. The option is either set a waiting period for a move, or you bypass it and continue - doing either I think would take out about 90% of the fun of roleplaying.

If i'm wrong then please feel free to explain how you'd handle those kind of issues. Lets fully understand what exactly you want to create, no one is ruling this out totally yet, but without more info its not clear how it would work. Do you have a particular game in mind? Are you talking about roleplaying animes or mangas?

I'm not sure what exactly you're intending since I don't RP myself, but if you got a group together who was interested, couldn't you all create blogs and then interact with each other that way to play the game? It would, at any rate, solve the "spam" problem associated with playing on the forums since your comments would be left elsewhere.

As a vivid Rper i'm totally up for this RP idea! the problem with Spammers and stuff will have to be delt by the thread creator - the creator either has to moitor the thread and report incidences of spam to mods or the creator may already have the power to remove spam.

The rules that apply in the other forums will apply in the RP threads and any other rules relating to game play will have to be deivsed by the thread creator - either to enhance game play or to make the RP as close to the original (if its an idea taken from an anime or manga) as possible. Original Rps can also exist and they can have their external rules outside that of the gen. rules which will apply regardless.

I've seen how sucessful the RP thread can be as on Gaiaonline - and i really think this will be a good addition to FTV =] its fun and it'll encourage members to interact with each other outside the game as well. The general concensus around here it seems to be leaning towards nixing this idea but if done correctly (meaning thread creators and moderators have to work closely and thread creators must take responsibility for their own threads) it will be a good and fun exprience for all involved =]

Side note on rules:
i've noticed that alot of (good) RP threads have a rule about litercy, meaning no one can post using anything other than with proper english using grammar etc etc. Members who post incorrectly purposfully or otherwise will be notified then banned from the thread if the behaviour persists.
Another thing about joining individual threads: anyone interested has to PM the creator with their profile based on a set profile structure that will be provided by the thread creator.

I say 'Yay' and i'm willing to help out on this RP thing until everything has been settled =]

EDIT: Time zones are irrelevant. posts can be responded to when the person playing comes on during their appropriate time zone. yes it means that some players may have to wait but its part of RPing on forums, its not an IM Rp but a forum, so time zones are not important in the game play.
@Maiku_Ando: the thing about having 3 people RPing together - yes you will have to wait but based on curtesy if you are the 3rd person playing you tell the people you're RPing with and write up something that will excuse your character from the situation.

Playasia - Play-Asia.com: Online Shopping for Digital Codes, Video Games, Toys, Music, Electronics & more
Back