• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#41 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

A great first ep with almost all the necessary introductions done.

For me its like watching a completely different universe than FSN (only know the anime) since I never knew that Magic is that far spread in the world. I always thought the world is exactly like ours just with a Holy Grail War added.

And I never wouldve thought that that white-haired loli that thankfully died horribly in UBW has such a hot and caring mother. But this show will probably explain why that white-haired loli that thankfully died horribly in UBW became what if became.

It mustve been quite a shook to see a female Arthur since nobody would think of that possiblity so no wonder Kiritsugu is surprised when she appeared.

Btw is there some canon readthrough avaible for all the VNs and their different routes? Since I stopped playing FSN after 15 minutes because of it beeing totally boring.
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#42 Anybody

Anybody

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 05 2011, 09:35 AM)
A great first ep with almost all the necessary introductions done.

For me its like watching a completely different universe than FSN (only know the anime) since I never knew that Magic is that far spread in the world. I always thought the world is exactly like ours just with a Holy Grail War added.

And I never wouldve thought that that white-haired loli that thankfully died horribly in UBW has such a hot and caring mother. But this show will probably explain why that  white-haired loli that thankfully died horribly in UBW became what if became.

It mustve been quite a shook to see a female Arthur since nobody would think of that possiblity so no wonder Kiritsugu is surprised when she appeared.

Btw is there some canon readthrough avaible for all the VNs and their different routes? Since I stopped playing FSN after 15 minutes because of it beeing totally boring.

This is quite comprehensive playthrough of the game's routes

ALso, for your instance - the parts you play as Rin are actually only prologue and yes its mostly only reading the text smile.gif

And yes, magic stuff kind of is very wide-spread in the world, except most of magi do not want to garner too much attention. However the world only has five sorcerers.(because sorcery=/= magic).

And jsut for your knowledge, characters of tsukihime vnovel, FSN, F/HA, f/zero, kara no kyoukai, notes, etc exist all in same world. Its just that storylines themselves are like Steins;Gate worldlines, so to say smile.gif

In a sense, all three main routes of FSN are canon and all of them have their own parallel universe. smile.gif

Also about Ilya...no it won't VN of FSN does it.
user posted image

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fai < My anime List (lol)

#43 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
  • Interests:Anime =) - esp fantasy, school comedy, fighting;
    All sorts of metal - including Japanese;
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 04 2011, 07:34 PM)
You clearly have forgotten some of the works that ufotable has produced. Also, I'm waiting until Shana III this Friday before I make my judgment on which may be better. I'm betting Fate/Zero will start off on a stronger note, but I'm sure Shana will catch up fairly quickly. After all, knowing J.C. Staff (and them doing 4-5 other titles this season and possibly next season) will need time to give some recap considering a main Shana series has been missing since early 2008.

I'm sorry, but Shana is almost objectively inferior. At least for its lazy, juvenile writing/direction. Not to mention that even when Shana was actually good (S1 and movie) it still couldn't touch anything ufo have done with Type-Moon works. After the wreck of a second season, the expectations are as low for SIII as they were 3 years ago. Part of me wonders if they took a long break in the hopes of people forgetting their failure. Though more likely they did it to have an easier time to stick in more convenient ex post facto plot changes.

So no, I doubt Shana will ever "catch up" to F0.

------------------------------

BTW, I'm thinking that I may enjoy F0 a lot more than FSN, since the most annoying character ever (Emiya Shirou) is not in, and does not seem to have an analogue.

And I never wouldve thought that that white-haired loli that thankfully died horribly in UBW has such a hot and caring mother.

Bashing Ilya is blasphemy. She's cute and awesome in so many ways. Repent!
<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#44 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

I watched the fist epi of fate 0 today and I had no idea whats going on. Thats probably because I never watched the original series or played the game (this is based on a game, right?). I wonder if it has any sense to keep watching, as obviously the creators of the series assume I am familiar with the characters and the plot premise.

I also had a hard time distinguishing the guys from each other.... they all look the same to me somehow.

Anyways, things i noticed are:

1) I fail to understand why the holy grail appears in japan. Why Japan? This has nothing to do with the japanese culture.... but whatever.

2) I think the young boy who was humiliated by that idiotic teacher and who stole his artefact will get a lesson for his arrogance. At least I hope it.....

3) I didnt like the plot twist with what happened to Sakura. What mother right in her mind would just give up her daughter saying: oh this is how it is when you marry a magus....? Also, I felt the way they portrayed it was so over the top dramatic, it reminds me of bad fan fiction writing. I am not a big fan of such exaggerated sufferings of characters. I mean, thats so not realistic.

Otherwise, I am completely confused who is with who and why. I couldnt keep track of all the names and relationships and organisations, churches, academies and what not. Sigh.... I think I will give this series up. Maybe it is interesting, but for me completely incomprehensible.

#45 Killer_Ossi

Killer_Ossi

Retired

• Kouhais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3817 posts
  • Interests:Chilling with friends<br>Pen-&amp;-Paper RPG<br>Animes, Mangas, Hentai<br>PC-Games<br>Bodybuilding

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

It doesnt help to have seen the original series or the movie since this is happening before both.

Sure it is a lot of information at once but Im sure over time everything will be explained.
[Admin note: Sig removed due to negative comments toward the community]

#46 Anybody

Anybody

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Oct 06 2011, 06:54 AM)
It doesnt help to have seen the original series or the movie since this is happening before both.

Sure it is a lot of information at once but Im sure over time everything will be explained.

Actually a lot of that kind of got explained in FSN VN(why its 10 yers instead of 60, why it needs 60 years usually, why the wars happen, why in that city, how are those families connected, etc, how it all started, etc).

While other bits (how the grail works and what is the root for example or the intricacies of mage association and church) require a knowledge of works in the whole multiverse (for example, kara no kyoukai movies'/novel and tsukihime vnovel deal a lot with the church and mage association stuff as well as the concept of akasha and root)

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 06:23 AM)
I watched the fist epi of fate 0 today and I had no idea whats going on. Thats probably because I never watched the original series or played the game (this is based on a game, right?). I wonder if it has any sense to keep watching, as obviously the creators of the series assume I am familiar with the characters and the plot premise.

I also had a hard time distinguishing the guys from each other.... they all look the same to me somehow.

Anyways, things i noticed are:

1) I fail to understand why the holy grail appears in japan. Why Japan? This has nothing to do with the japanese culture.... but whatever.

2) I think the young boy who was humiliated by that idiotic teacher and who stole his artefact will get a lesson for his arrogance. At least I hope it.....

3) I didnt like the plot twist with what happened to Sakura. What mother right in her mind would just give up her daughter saying: oh this is how it is when you marry a magus....? Also, I felt the way they portrayed it was so over the top dramatic, it reminds me of bad fan fiction writing. I am not a big fan of such exaggerated sufferings of characters. I mean, thats so not realistic.

Otherwise, I am completely confused who is with who and why. I couldnt keep track of all the names and relationships and organisations, churches, academies and what not. Sigh.... I think I will give this series up. Maybe it is interesting, but for me completely incomprehensible.

1) FSN VN explains it.
2) We will see.
3) It is realistic. Those families have a LOOOONG history and have a hand in why this is happening in the first place. Tohsaka family especially is connected to the Grail War by a whole lot more than just grail war itself. This is nasuverse. A setting of parallel timelines shared by tsukihime visual novel, FSN visual novel, Kara no kyoukai novels, their sequels and spin offs and couple of other works. A world where there are families where children are forced to develop split personalities, where family secrets from thousands of years ago can cause bad stuff, where abuse, incest, rape and torture is every day life. Where you have a millennium old clans, assassin families, magi bloodlines, vampires, beings of unlimited power, dimensional travelers and where even the earth itself is alive and where the moon already tried ot kill you. These are not ordinary humans in their ordinary lives.

I don't know, I think its comprehensible enough(helps that FSN prologue sort of explains world setting more and FSn as whole explains the concepts of magic and concept of sorcery). You have Magi Association which is sort of the nexus of all the magi, you have the church which works like more cruel more sadistic more twisted version of hellsing organisation. Organisations are spread all over the world and beyond.
user posted image

#47 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts
  • Interests:For those who care and would like to contact me at some point, I can be found on Anime-Suki under the user name: warita (only warita without the 200) :)<br><br>The email that I have on FTV wont work, because I changed accounts a few months ago.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (Anybody @ Oct 06 2011, 09:50 AM)
A world where there are families where children are forced to develop split personalities, where family secrets from thousands of years ago can cause bad stuff, where abuse, incest, rape and torture is every day life.

Ok, one more reason not to watch this anime. If this is the background for the series, I am really discouraged from watching it. But thanks for taking your time to explain it to me Anybody.

Also, i hated Tsukihime. Had I known this series is connected to that anime, I would have never bothered. I watched Kara no kyoukai and hated it too. I suppose this show just isnt the right material for me.

Aaaahhh, this season is really killing me. sad.gif

#48 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 12:07 PM)
Also, i hated Tsukihime. Had I known this series is connected to that anime, I would have never bothered. I watched Kara no kyoukai and hated it too. I suppose this show just isnt the right material for me.

Well just to cooret you here, there is no Tsukihime anime. Pretty much what Anyboday-san was trying to point out is that these series tend to create a multiverse where they coexist but certain things tend to split off in thier own section that can either influence the other side or not.

Pretty much if you've watch Fate or even played the VN you'd understand that Sakura was going to end up in th eMatou household to begin with and Rin was kind of upset over it. Ironically both sisters do end up being particapants in the 5th Grail War mind you. The VN and the manga do tend to confirm Sakura's particapation here.

In any case even in the VN during her stoyr route she does mention the horrors she had to endure all on her own without anyone helping her. Pretty much she was supposed to be violated to obtain the Makiri or should I say the Matou bloodline to use thier magic. I mean she had the potential for magic since she was a Tohsaka at one point.

In any case the series Nasuverse tends to be a very dark at times. although they do have thier light-hearted moments in them that cause said spin-offs in a way. Which explains Carnival Phantasm. tongue.gif

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#49 Anybody

Anybody

-sama

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 10:07 AM)

What Tsukihime? There has been no tsukihime anime ever :/

QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Oct 06 2011, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 12:07 PM) Also, i hated Tsukihime. Had I known this series is connected to that anime, I would have never bothered. I watched Kara no kyoukai and hated it too. I suppose this show just isnt the right material for me. 
Well just to cooret you here, there is no Tsukihime anime. Pretty much what Anyboday-san was trying to point out is that these series tend to create a multiverse where they coexist but certain things tend to split off in thier own section that can either influence the other side or not.

Pretty much if you've watch Fate or even played the VN you'd understand that Sakura was going to end up in th eMatou household to begin with and Rin was kind of upset over it. Ironically both sisters do end up being particapants in the 5th Grail War mind you. The VN and the manga do tend to confirm Sakura's particapation here.

In any case even in the VN during her stoyr route she does mention the horrors she had to endure all on her own without anyone helping her. Pretty much she was supposed to be violated to obtain the Makiri or should I say the Matou bloodline to use thier magic. I mean she had the potential for magic since she was a Tohsaka at one point.

In any case the series Nasuverse tends to be a very dark at times. although they do have thier light-hearted moments in them that cause said spin-offs in a way. Which explains Carnival Phantasm.

Yes. its A very huge multiverse. All those characters exist there, bu tall those stories are parallel timelines. All three main FSN routes are canon parallel alternate timelines that are predated by F/0. Then there's other nasuverse works.

And yes. IMO, there's a lot of irony on what happens in the 5th war. And how those all people who seemingly were not connected are connected by the events of 4th and far more than that.

And yes, nasuverse is...dark. the bad endings(millions of them) in FSN routes themselves can give nightmares for weeks. Its scary on how much work has been put into these things.

Also, am I only one seeing similarity between Kariya and   HF-Shirou in terms of the lengths they are willing to go no matter whta it does to them themselves for Sakura?
user posted image

#50 warita200

warita200

-RETIRED-

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

I dont know what Tsukihime you didnt see and I did see, but I suspect it is this one: http://www.animenews...ime.php?id=2938

If you say it just because you think the anime sucked so badly, that you prefer to pretend it never took place... go ahead, but you are confusing people, you know?

#51 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.
    I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.

Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004
    Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005
    Sempai in June 2006
    Fansub TV Team in October 2006
    10000th post in July 2011
    Fansub TV Leader in January 2011

Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Updated news regarding Fate/Zero.

Fate/Zero has been cut to 13 episodes from 25 for this season. The second season will continue in April for 12 episodes until June. Well then, so much for that.
http://www.animenews...-add-cut-scenes

#52 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Producer Atsuhiro Iwakami explained that the staff decided on the two-season split to maintain quality across the entire anime.

I was made glad with the above quote from that link you posted, Kit. I would rather have quality over quantity any time...at least this one won't suffer from mediocrity like other 25-26 episode series tend to do. Here's hoping, anyway. wink.gif
What Tsukihime? There has been no tsukihime anime ever :/

I concur... cool.gif

How ironic it has become ... a one man show.

#53 Kid-Wolf

Kid-Wolf

~ Random Touhou link finder ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9167 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Touhou, games (be they PC, console, or even traditional biased), Touhou, Meidos, Visual Novels, Touhou, oh and did I mention Touhou lol

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Well since this series is trying to be up to the quality of how they were with Kara no Kyoukai in which I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll play out with how this became a split series.

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 02:35 PM)
If you say it just because you think the anime sucked so badly, that you prefer to pretend it never took place... go ahead, but you are confusing people, you know?

Well it's pretty much seeing something that was so horrible that you'd wish that you've never seen or heard of it. It's pretty much along that line. In any case I'm sure there's something that you would wish to unsee or unknow so this is how we joke about what we Type-Moon Slaves and Servants tend to do here.

- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version

#54 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Oct 06 2011, 03:27 PM)
Updated news regarding Fate/Zero.

Fate/Zero has been cut to 13 episodes from 25 for this season. The second season will continue in April for 12 episodes until June. Well then, so much for that.
http://www.animenews...-add-cut-scenes

reminds me to what happened with FSN tv adaptation, half of the series ended with the death of Archer (sorry Yaya-chan >.<) and resumed weeks later... too bad F/Z will skip the winter season, well I'll be alright watching Black Rock Shooter TV and Rurouni Kenshin new projects meanwhile ¬¬

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 06 2011, 04:00 PM)
I was made glad with the above quote from that link you posted, Kit. I would rather have quality over quantity any time...at least this one won't suffer from mediocrity like other 25-26 episode series. Here's hoping, anyway.

I think it was a good decision to split F/Z in two seasons, one this fall and the other until summer next year... most likely the rest of the episodes will be 20-something minutes each but now with the first half being 13 eps. that may change to 40+ mins. just like the premiere but we'll see the lenght of the second one soon smile.gif

Edited by NecroRyu, 06 October 2011 - 09:36 PM.

June who's your dad'day - One Chop hipPunch Man, a: Fubuki
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 10 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 10/10 B-
2. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3: Part 2 - 9/10 (airing) B+
3. Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari - 9/10 (airing) B
4. Fruits Basket Zenpen - 8/10 (airing) A+
5. One Punch Man 2 - 8/10 (airing) B
6. Isekai Quartet - 7/10 (airing) A-
7. Piano no Mori 2nd Series - 7/10 A+
8. Jojo no kimyō na bōken Ōgon no Kaze - 6/10 (3rd recap) C-
9. Super Dragon Ball Heroes - 5/10 (airing) B-
10. The [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijō S4 - 4/10 (ar) A

#55 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 06 2011, 02:34 PM)
reminds me to what happened with FSN tv adaptation, half of the series ended with the death of Archer (sorry Yaya-chan >.<)

Sorry? For what? blink.gif I watched FSN long ago, and knew my heart throb, Archer-san died...I cried for weeks, there after. tongue.gif But he lives on in my memory regardless and after I saw him in that yukata the other day, Archer-san remains yummy, GAR, and relevant. tongue.gif

#56 Ryu

Ryu

~ Dark Pun Master ~

• MATV Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4516 posts
  • Location:http://www.ntv.co.jp/english/pc/2018/06/mr-tonegawamiddle-management-blues--.html
  • Interests:Registered in 2006 mostly as a lurker until 2011, so I post daily since FTV became less active lately :(

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (ImTakes @ Oct 06 2011, 04:43 PM)
Sorry? For what? blink.gif I watched FSN long ago, and knew my heart throb, Archer-san died...I cried for weeks, there after. tongue.gif But he lives on in my memory regardless and after I saw him in that yukata the other day, Archer-san remains yummy, GAR, and relevant. tongue.gif

hehe nothing serious, just said it because I can tell Archer (not Gilgamesh) is your favorite of Fate, Shirou too but we know they are the same one yet separate entities (heroic servant and rookie master) from different times o_O ...Archer Emiya's appearance was somewhat secondary in FSN but was more protagonic in the UBW movie, surely you enjoyed it even more wink.gif
June who's your dad'day - One Chop hipPunch Man, a: Fubuki
Posted ImagePosted Image
Scores of my Latest Top 10 Anime TV series, OVAs &/or Films:
1. Uchū Senkan Yamato 2202: Ai no Senshi-tachi - 10/10 B-
2. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3: Part 2 - 9/10 (airing) B+
3. Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari - 9/10 (airing) B
4. Fruits Basket Zenpen - 8/10 (airing) A+
5. One Punch Man 2 - 8/10 (airing) B
6. Isekai Quartet - 7/10 (airing) A-
7. Piano no Mori 2nd Series - 7/10 A+
8. Jojo no kimyō na bōken Ōgon no Kaze - 6/10 (3rd recap) C-
9. Super Dragon Ball Heroes - 5/10 (airing) B-
10. The [email protected] Cinderella Girls Gekijō S4 - 4/10 (ar) A

#57 ImTakes

ImTakes

sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6536 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (NecroRyu @ Oct 06 2011, 03:22 PM)
hehe nothing serious, just said it because I can tell Archer (not Gilgamesh) is your favorite of Fate, Shirou too but we know they are the same one yet separate entities (heroic servant and rookie master) from different times o_O ...Archer Emiya's appearance was somewhat secondary in FSN but was more protagonic in the UBW movie, surely you enjoyed it even more wink.gif

I know, my fine friend...me being silly. Yes, Archer-san is my favorite, although, I will admit, I am looking forward to all the manliness that's to be had with this next round...especially, the purple loli monster's Papa.... Guapisimo! tongue.gif As much as the guys hate Shirou-kun...I had/have a thing for him...go figure. wink.gif

#58 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

1) Has to do with how the grail war came about in the first place. Fuyuki City is also a spot of power iirc.

2) Well, both are in the war, it's only a matter of time.

3) People who read the VN already knew it happened.

F/SN and related works does tend to over-dramatize things on occasion, that's why I've always preferred Tsukihime - it feels more genuine, twisted and scary. F/SN is a tad too "action-y". In both, there's lotsa people twisted in ways imaginable and unimaginable, so if that rubs you the wrong way, you probably won't enjoy it *shrug*.

I dont know what Tsukihime you didnt see and I did see, but I suspect it is this one: http://www.animenews...ime.php?id=2938

Page doesn't exist :3

Read the VN.

Sorry? For what?  I watched FSN long ago, and knew my heart throb, Archer-san died...I cried for weeks, there after.  But he lives on in my memory regardless and after I saw him in that yukata the other day, Archer-san remains yummy, GAR, and relevant.

Someone actually cared for Archer in the Fate route? blink.gif

<p>monofood.gif<br><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.animenews...r=Ausdoerrt'>My rarely-updated anime list</a></p>

#59 wedora

wedora

-dono

• Sempais
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (warita200 @ Oct 06 2011, 12:35 PM)

You got it right with your second sentence. Its like the inside joke among geeks that there's only one Matrix movie.

All the type-moon freaks will tell you that FSN was bad, but as someone who never read or played any of the games I thought it was pretty enjoyable and worth watching. You know how some fans can be rediculous about a perfect adaptation from source material and whatnot. I do think that watching FSN before this would make FZero more understandable.

As for the whole universe thing, its not a forefront topic like they are making it out to be. Hell, in FSN, there were only mild hints towards what Sakura experienced as a child. As for the forced handover of kids thing, try to approach it similar to medieval europe nobility concepts: marriages and children are an object of politics. Its exacerbated in this universe because magical affinities are passed down, so you could kinda relate it to the whole pureblood concept that rears its head in various fantasy worlds (vampires, harry potter, etc).
user posted image
MAL

#60 Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt

-sama

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3344 posts
    All the Japanese stuff;
    Russian science fiction.

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

All the type-moon freaks will tell you that FSN was bad, but as someone who never read or played any of the games I thought it was pretty enjoyable and worth watching. You know how some fans can be rediculous about a perfect adaptation from source material and whatnot. I do think that watching FSN before this would make FZero more understandable.

Well, it wasn't bad, but most certainly mediocre, and suffered from the VN adaptation syndrome where a series tries to cram too much together from all the different routes, so that the ending becomes an unintelligible clusterf*ck that makes little sense. Watching it would certainly help understand F0 a bit better, but keep in mind that F0 is a prequel to the VN and not the anime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users